The Dungeon Rush is fun, but might be a bit to hard, specialy for the reward

I like the idea of the new dungeon rush event, however, doing this with a public group is bit rought. took us a decent hour to finish the ascalon and arah dungeon.
It was a fun and challanging experience, but the rewards was kinda meh. you got like 30 silver. Can you just make that you get 2 Gold minimum.

Also i am curious if the level downscaling become bugged over the years? i havent done the dungeons since HoT, but getting 1 shot by snipers and 3 shot by random elite mobs with the downscaling when you have Maximum Vitality gear feels bit weird. If i build tanky, i should be tanky...

Also it would be nice if the Story mode would be soloable with npc's as an introduction, so the "Explorer mode" is for the tryhards.

Edited by WaifuJanna.9108
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 16

yeah lol, thats like saying you get 5 dealt for every 8 metas, and only 20 silver for each meta...

Doing 8 dungeons, how long should that take? 4-5 hours for 5 gold?

Yes, people should play for fun, and not for gold, but it still feels bit insulting, and it hurt the community in the long run (even with the dungeon rush event, the LFG tool is not that crowded compared to "Hallowen Lab Farms"...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8

Pugs I joined today didn't seem to have much of an issue with clearing dungeons in reasonably fast times. For added context, I'm not exactly a fan of dungeons themselves nor was I leading anyone there.

5 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Yes, people should play for fun, and not for gold, but it still feels bit insulting, and it hurt the community in the long run (even with the dungeon rush event, the LFG tool is not that crowded compared to "Hallowen Lab Farms"...

"new player takes longer time to clear content they don't know yet so the rewards are bad, it feels insulting and hurts community"? I don't think that's true at all.
The lfg tool isn't crowded because if you look at it over time you'll notice parties just fill up fast and disappear from lfg.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

If you take 5 hours to do 8 paths you are doing something very wrong.

just not playing with super tryhard people.. i play with public people, who probably play casually too.  Specialy with the level downscaling, in the ascalon dungeon you barely hit 1000 dmg numbers, most of the time its between 200-400

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

Just now, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I haven't played a dungeon in many years, and this won't get me to.

why not? they kinda fun 😄 and the cutscenes are fancy too.

it only confused me a bit, i could swear back in the day arah was on a flying ship, but this time you was roaming arround on ground.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

it only confused me a bit, i could swear back in the day arah was on a flying ship, but this time you was roaming arround on ground.

The story mode version of the dungeon has the airship where you had to use the cannons to defend against giants and dragons. It was originally a dungeon at the end of the personal story, which was converted into a regular story instance years ago.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

All

You can do it in story mode, it counts the moment all cinematics and such end (which generally is longer in history mode).

With proper gear and builds it isnt difficult, probably around 4 times the damage output. That should allow your team to destroy nearly all bosses.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

The rush showed me how strong power creep is since we steamrolled them all pretty hard. Faster and easier than Fractals.

Arah still takes too long though and is smelly.

Was asking that to a guildie, imo is around twice damage and a lot in none damage boons upkeep, accesibility and also survivility (classes and healers role).

When the stack+ zerker era started most bosses died in around 30 secs, with the exception generally of Arah. But even then most people didnt have proper builds.

Edited by Lucius.2140

OP mentioned Arah, and that is going to be a long dungeon.  Like most content, some choices will take longer than others (there are some really fast fractals, and some which will take a bit longer).

Guild I'm in does dungeons once a month, and we've been completing story + 3 explorable paths in under an hour, and are hardly being optimized speed runners with perfect builds, etc.  So ~15 minutes/dungeon for a competent group seems reasonable.

Like any content, if no one knows what they are doing, have really terrible builds, etc, it will take longer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

The rush showed me how strong power creep is since we steamrolled them all pretty hard. Faster and easier than Fractals.

Arah still takes too long though and is smelly.

It really was interesting to just blast through things that a few years ago we're still pretty chewy.  

Arah is gross.  

arah is really the only dungeon that has stood the test of time and still feels very similar to modern content, everything else is a cakewalk unless you're doing a training run for new players, and even then a proper boon dps and contrasting boon healer will carry the whole group easily.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

yeah lol, thats like saying you get 5 dealt for every 8 metas, and only 20 silver for each meta...

Doing 8 dungeons, how long should that take? 4-5 hours for 5 gold?

It's not that long. The 1-hour times are for Arah and Aetherpath (in the more casual attempts), but they are the outliers there. Most dungeons would take you around 15-20 mins even with the casual pug group (and faster if you get few people that do know what to do). And while gold rewards were indeed nerfed, the loot is still decent. In reality you end up with way more than just 20-30s per path

Now, the rewards could use some improvement (the nerf, even with the followup partial retraction, was still way too heavy handed then), but it's definitely not as bad as you try to paint it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1