PLease don't help me!

Mechtec.3827

10 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

It like when you try out new weapons and want to see the mechanic of them and two three times someone jumps  in and kills the mob on you!!!

Raid staging area exists for you to beat up on a golem in an instanced environment.  

Also, if you want challenges go solo fractals, dungeons, etc--open world isn't a challenge in the least lol.  

• Like 2

"I am not here to help you ... i want my easy champion lootbag"

18 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

How i handle when i see someone doing the Boss, I click on the player to monitor their health, if i see it's getting dangerously low, I help out....

"Godammit , when is that kitten behind me gonna help me , this boss take ages to kill .... freaking troll is just gonna last hit it to kitten me off"

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Well, I guess my version of this is the Adventure Guide.

Rally.

I've let a couple of bats beat on me for 3 minutes and am almost downed when someone comes along and takes them out. Sigh. Time to find another isolated spot with enemies...

go into fractal level 1 and let grawl beat you up.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 4:47 AM, loonatic.1689 said:

Pretty sure the OP is talking about something like DRMs where someone camps your instance until the boss is almost dead and sneak in for a final hit. 

You can solo enter a private DRM instance and no one could join you, so it can't be DRMs. He's talking about open world. Most like champs or hero challenges.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 3:03 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Now, if I came upon you fighting another player in wvw I would hesitate to join in, uncertain if it was a duel.

Please, I beg of you, should you find me 1v1 in WvW, please jump in because I'm more than likely having my kitten handed to me and could really use saving! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

On 12/30/2023 at 9:03 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Well, I guess my version of this is the Adventure Guide.

Rally.

I've let a couple of bats beat on me for 3 minutes and am almost downed when someone comes along and takes them out. Sigh. Time to find another isolated spot with enemies...

Go in fractals with 0 agony , launch level 35-40 on the fractal monitor or trough the fractal gate (in Lion's arch or mistlock sanctuary)  , don't go inside the fractal dungeon stay in the Hub, there is a downed charr on the edge of first island with a puddle of agony generator , just step inside 1 sec and you will get an agony charge lvl35-40 that will suck 35-40% of your hp/sec for 3 secs , do that how many time you want. And even if you die you'll get free rebirth.

Mb doesnt count for a rally , just a regular rez.

Edited by zeyeti.8347

56 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Go in fractals with 0 agony , launch level 35-40 on the fractal monitor or trough the fractal gate (in Lion's arch or mistlock sanctuary)  , don't go inside the fractal dungeon stay in the Hub, there is a downed charr on the edge of first island with a puddle of agony generator , just step inside 1 sec and you will get an agony charge lvl35-40 that will suck 35-40% of your hp/sec for 3 secs , do that how many time you want. And even if you die you'll get free rebirth.

And how do s/he get the rally that you do from dowstate by killing an enemy in the lobby?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And how do s/he get the rally that you do from dowstate by killing an enemy in the lobby?

rezzing don't count for a rally ? mb then , i ll remove the message, ty 

I misunderstood the term "rally"

Edited by zeyeti.8347

26 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

I sat and watched three different players going up the challenge the Boss fight and  i learned watching them how to fight better , one even say thanks for not helping out!!

Nice ... but that still doesn't change the absurdity of expecting people to not interact with you and your open world fights in an MMO. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 12/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, Mechtec.3827 said:

I hate it when your doing a boss challenge, and for selfish cheap reasons people  join in for a defeat,  A boss you have hanging on but dead! taking  away the satisfaction of doing it all on your own!!!

hmmm. for some selfish cheap reason you didn't call out a boss fight so other players can have fun too. 

In my experience, I always call out boss fight,  sometime no one came to help, so I had to do it alone, (because of achievement etc etc) at the last minute when the Boss is about to die, and I am already in down state, someone jumps in and save the day.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nice ... but that still doesn't change the absurdity of expecting people to not interact with you and your open world fights in an MMO. 

NO they CAN interact with me in all other playing fields, I just think gw2 should had made the challenge boss a individual instance! just like fighting each cage animal, forget the quest....

• Confused 7

10 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

NO they CAN interact with me in all other playing fields, I just think gw2 should had made the challenge boss a individual instance! just like fighting each cage animal, forget the quest....

I understand what you think SHOULD happen. That's not relevant to how the game works. The nonsense part is that what you think is opposite to how it does work and has always worked. There isn't a discussion here. What your asking for just doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Do strike mission, dungeon, alone. no one can interrupt in there.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

It does have that. Once a year in the Queen's Pavillion, you can solo the Queen's Gauntlet as much as you like.  You can also start a private DRM and solo that, even with all the challenge modes active for a real challenge.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 11:05 PM, Mechtec.3827 said:

I sat and watched three different players going up the challenge the Boss fight and  i learned watching them how to fight better , one even say thanks for not helping out!!

Meanwhile by watching the boss you artificially made him harder , boss in open world works like that -> more players around , more hp and damage added to the boss , ty for helping , but you are not helping , this is an mmo and expecting ppl to queue for a specific boss behind you while they won't even get the loot is beyond laughable , also don't forget some bosses are tied to legendary/collections/achievement stuff , you really expect me for example to wait 20 minutes for the boss to respawn and get my achiev later , because you want to test out your own survivability in open world... there is instanced content , you can solo those ! 100 levels of fractals , 7wings of raids , stroy instances , strike mode story , normal and cm .

On 1/1/2024 at 2:38 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You basically asking for pokemon combat style , i can aleady see the thing , "Music" "sweet potato encountered legendary queendale troll" "troll uses leap , sweet.. countered with a roll" "it's really efficient !" . I am not an expert but if every champion/legendary critter had their own instance i think anet would have closed the door of their company , cannot imagine the cost of servers for such bad designed idea...

Even if you asked to leave you alone while fighting a boss in OW i wouldn't care at you (i feel like trolling ... will add you as friend and stalk you to "steal" bosses ... nah just joking , i am not wasting my time)  , we all earned to do so in open world , a boss is not your propriety or own punch bag  ,  also the lootbag , you know you could drop a precursor from it , so i rather have 0,0001% chance to have it , instead of 0, these bosses does not belong to you , i payed the game -> their boss a s s e s belongs to me too and to everyone in the game.

And what did you gave those people for an advice ... wanna know ... "guys if you 2x tap a direction you roll" ? There are such big mechanics bosses in open world ...hm hmmm i can't believe my own sarcasm, they are mostly glorified pinatas with real clear patterns that once you know you can cheese them out with ease.

Sorry but you are one very entitled person to think such a thing.

TY , but no , not thank you.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4