PLease don't help me!

Mechtec.3827

Considering maybe 10% of the game population use the forum do you seriously anyone you want to see this will see it.

And even then do you think they will stop and remember that you are 1 of the very few that dont want help.

Even if they do do you think they dont want the loot that boss drop?

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Considering maybe 10% of the game population use the forum do you seriously anyone you want to see this will see it.

And even then do you think they will stop and remember that you are 1 of the very few that dont want help.

Even if they do do you think they dont want the loot that boss drop?

Best way is definitely for them to say it in say chat that they'd rather do it solo, but that last point about wanting the loot would make people ignore the message. Especially since the request is sort of a weird one.

Mechtec, if you want to solo bosses, you can jump into dungeons by yourself. Otherwise, if it's in open world, you'll have to expect that people will want to help/take part of the loot most of the time.

• Like 9

That's how the game works. Not only is it a multiplayer game but it was designed right from the start with the intention that PvE is entirely cooperative and anyone can join in with anything they see going on.

Instead of seeing it as them being selfish and cheap try seeing it as they couldn't defeat that boss solo so they need help from a better player to complete it and took the opportunity when they saw it. There are people who devote their time to doing exactly that - running hero point trains to show less experienced players how to find hero points and ensuring they have a group to help them complete it (some of the 10 point ones in expansion maps are almost impossible to do solo) and that type of cooperation is often considered one of the best things about the game. By giving someone else an opportunity to join in with your kill you're both getting an introduction into how GW2 PvE and it's community functions.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Complaining about peoples playing with You in multiplayer game...

This is truly, truly sad.

A bit of advice tho. If You want to solo things in gw2 without the risk of those "Selfish" players interupting You. You might wanna try to solo dungeons or fractals, or any instanced content really. Not only You will be left alone but You will get better rewards if You win. Open world where players roam and kill whatever they like (becouse why wouldn't they) is not really the best place.for that. Xd

• Like 7

Can't put a sign on you that says "please don't help I like to solo".  So how would anyone know that you don't want help?  It's an MMO, people are very helpful, and that's part of the game experience.  It's social and they mean well or want to get credit for it too.  It's how GW2 is designed really.  

There are plenty of challenges and bosses that you can get satisfaction out of by soloing.  Take a look at players who solo instanced content.  There are many open world champions and mobs that are fun to solo too.   

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

It's not that I wouldn't love help, when needed and many players have jumped in and helped me witout asking saving me from my doom! But to me Boss challenge should be a enter only no other player,  to meet the boss you should be capable or at lease learn for next time.

That's not how open world is designed to work.  As suggested above, you can solo dungeons and fractals for this type of challenge.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

for selfish cheap reasons people  join in

That is really the most uncharitable interpretation possible.

In a Massively Multiplayer Online game, expecting to solo open world content is simply unrealistic.

Adjust your perceptions or start your own instanced content, because open world content is open to all.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

It's not that I wouldn't love help, when needed and many players have jumped in and helped me witout asking saving me from my doom! But to me Boss challenge should be a enter only no other player,  to meet the boss you should be capable or at lease learn for next time.

GW2 is a cooperative game. It is designed for people to jump in and work together - that's why loot and credit is for anyone who participates. Anet did not want people "owning" or "camping" bosses in the way you want to play it. Everyone gets an opportunity. It's also why no open world bosses are designed to be "solo". They are all group content, even if the power creep has made early content easier to do on your own.

So no, absolutely not should bosses be solo only. Wrong game, wrong philosophy. If you want that, an MMO is not the place for it. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players. I really don't see them all adjusting to your single personal need, do you?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

GW2 is a cooperative game. It is designed for people to jump in and work together - that's why loot and credit is for anyone who participates. Anet did not want people "owning" or "camping" bosses in the way you want to play it. Everyone gets an opportunity. It's also why no open world bosses are designed to be "solo". They are all group content, even if the power creep has made early content easier to do on your own.

So no, absolutely not should bosses be solo only. Wrong game, wrong philosophy. If you want that, an MMO is not the place for it. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players. I really don't see them all adjusting to your single personal need, do you?

agree to disagree!

• Haha 7
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

agree to disagree!

There's nothing to disagree. The game is built on cooperation. Its built on working together. That was a core design pillar of the game stated by the dev team many times over. You are simply approaching it in a way that is the antithesis of what the game is about. That is on you and isn't a problem with the game or other players. They are doing the right thing, aboslutely no question about that. Everything in my quoted post was 100% accurate and doesn't require approval or agreement. It just... is.

You will simply have to change your approach to the game moving forward, because you wont get any change from the game or others

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, loonatic.1689 said:

Pretty sure the OP is talking about something like DRMs where someone camps your instance until the boss is almost dead and sneak in for a final hit. 

If it's DRMs then there's no problem: the OP can choose to play the private version instead of the public one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You know, OP, I used to think like you. If I was soloing a boss and someone jumped in, they were the bad guy, but in reality, it was me. Sometimes I would even say something awful and upon reflection, I was a major bag for doing so. This game was designed to be cooperative. That's why there is no such thing as kill stealing here because it was designed to give people a reward for their contributions. Simply telling people not to help is not a healthy way to game. Trust me on this.

• Like 9

I can kind of understand OP's premise a little bit, but here's what happened. During the Halloween event I somehow ended up in a nearly empty Labyrinth instance during USA prime time (very unusual). The only door on the map was the one for the Legendary Skeletal Lich, so I opened the door and went at it to kill time while waiting for the others to respawn.

The entire time I was there, literally no one else was anywhere nearby. Then once I got the thing down to around 5% or so, along came a zerg and finished it off in a couple seconds (and then they had the nerve to kitten at me for not waiting for the nonexistent tag on an empty map).

Salt was exchanged, I popped my tag to make the point and asked why I would wait for myself, then found better things to do with my time. So yes, it would have been satisfying to deliver 100% of the damage including the final deathblow at the end, but I knew full well that in that situation it was I who killed the thing, regardless of who actually did the last little bit of DPS.

It wasn't about me not getting the kill, it was about the other players being jerks about it. But given that it was a public, open instance, that's what you get sometimes. C'est la vie.

• Like 4

@OP, even if you shouted in chat that you wanted to solo it, I most likely would not have noticed and would have jumped in. It is Open World.

Now, if I came upon you fighting another player in wvw I would hesitate to join in, uncertain if it was a duel.

Two entirely different circumstances. Sorry. Reality. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

even if you shouted in chat that you wanted to solo it, I most likely would not have noticed and would have jumped in.

And that's assuming you're even on a chat tab with /map or /say chat shown. I will often flip away from those thanks to some...charming...commentary that would probably be better left unsaid. 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

You know, OP, I used to think like you. If I was soloing a boss and someone jumped in, they were the bad guy, but in reality, it was me. Sometimes I would even say something awful and upon reflection, I was a major bag for doing so. This game was designed to be cooperative. That's why there is no such thing as kill stealing here because it was designed to give people a reward for their contributions. Simply telling people not to help is not a healthy way to game. Trust me on this.

Never told no one not to help me in game ,only here! if they feel the need I guess good for them, i wold rather wait for the boss reset for my turn. It like when you try out new weapons and want to see the mechanic of them and two three times someone jumps  in and kills the mob on you!!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Never told no one not to help me in game ,only here! if they feel the need I guess good for them, i wold rather wait for the boss reset for my turn. It like when you try out new weapons and want to see the mechanic of them and two three times someone jumps  in and kills the mob on you!!!

There is no "your turn". There will always be a player around who will jump in and attack a mob. It's a shared world.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

OP, if you want the true solo experience on champs, go to the fractal lobby by yourself. Summon the combat golem at any fractal level, which its difficulty scales based on which fractal you select, and fight that if you want to test out your mechanics. Best solution for you, it seems. And yes, it will fight back.

Edited by Kanok.3027
  • Like 5