Which weapons would you like to have?

1. Great sword for thief or engineer?

I feel like at least one of them should Have a Great Sword.

Everybody has different ideas, so I'd like to see this segment open for discussion. 

Comments down below. 

2. Bows on light classes.

There isn't one single light class that has a bow.

I would like to see elementalists use one.

But what do you think?

Should Necromancers have it, or would mesmers have a better purpose for it?

Which brings me to the next point.

I would like to request the conjuring weapons to be changed for something else.

Elementalists already have a hammer, so no need to conjure one; and the only other decent one is frost bow, which could be part of a proper long bow as weapon.

Axe is not bad, but the earth shield is totally useless, to be completely honest.

3. Right hand pistol for mesmer.

I think that mesmers should have gotten a main hand pistol rather than elementalists, who should have gotten either a great sword or long bow.

4. New weapons types.

Great Axe, Lance, Crossbow.

I would like to see a lance mostly. 

Attacks could consist in charging forwards like a knight, while holding shield up with the other hand.

How would you rate the new coming weapons?

I'm mostly looking forwards for mesmer rifle, guardian pistols, and revenant scepter, but what about you?

Are you happy with new weapons or would you rather have a certain weapon for a certain class?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On Warrior:

A main hand Mace that isn't useless. 

A rifle that doesn't shoot gummy bears. 

A offhand dagger that has actual synergy with Warrior traits outside a single one. 

Hammers Primal Burst also tickles for some reason in PvE. 

A torch that isn't outclassed by a meme weapon. 

Ohh and a staff thats worth playing. Which looks likely to happen. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
Fixed auto correct
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

On Warrior:

A main hand Mace that isn't useless. 

A rifle that doesn't shoot gummy bears. 

A offhand dagger that has actual syngery with Warrior traits outside a single one. 

Hammers Primal Burst also tickles for some reason in PvE. 

A torch that isn't outclassed by a meme weapon. 

Ohh and a staff thats worth playing. Which looks likely to happen. 

It may be decent. Can still do perma 20 might.... last 5 might is a problem. Also about 3k-5k heals a sec for the group. Depends on berzerk or not. Can also perma quickness the group. Well doing damage and cc. It is not horrible. I do wish they moved a few traits around but its decent.
The problem is that for heals I would rather a barrier scourge that spams barriers and condi clense with alac so I have more health to not get 1 hit. Or a herald for boons.
It will depend on the final release of changes. Its still very fun in open world but it needs a bit of a buff to be taken over a scourge or herald.

I would very much rather see some weapons re designed because many are pretty useless on many classes. Give us an actual elite spec and fix the kitten weapons. 

9 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

A real dervish scythe with a dervish class and a real ritualist class with ritualist staff or scepter.

I could see this being made like reaper shroud. For dervish at least. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohericoseo.4316 said:

I could see this being made like reaper shroud. For dervish at least. 

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. The new Anet is heavily anti-gods since their favorite little race is Charr and the whole GW2 project is about unity of disparate races and the human gods would be too human centric for their tastes.

Their entire storytelling in GW2 has been about burying GW1's lore by dismissing the past or reframing it for their "modern" take.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. The new Anet is heavily anti-gods since their favorite little race is Charr and the whole GW2 project is about unity of disparate races and the human gods would be too human centric for their tastes.

Their entire storytelling in GW2 has been about burying GW1's lore by dismissing the past or reframing it for their "modern" take.

Accept one area. Where dervish shroud could work. Revenant. 

3 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

They could always reinvent Dervish without the God transformations. Dervish is far more than just those five elite abilities.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They could always reinvent Dervish without the God transformations. Dervish is far more than just those five elite abilities.

Rev does have mallyx legend that is a servent of a fallen god. It would not be strange to theme a legend off a kind of shaman that is a servent / channels the powers of the non fallen gods. Giving the heal, utility and elites themes would be 5. Then make the dwayna the leader of the gods an F2. It would not be hard. Kormir condi clense... balthazar dmg.... melandru heal.... lyssa is chaos, water and illusion so probably CC..... grenth ulti since playing with death would probably give the most options. From dmg, cc, condi, ect. Dwayna is the leader so it makes sense be made a F2 skill. Dwayna is also the mother of grenth so it makes sense grenth may be the elite. 

Or you could make the F skill be like reapers shroud and the abilities all by god themed. There is many options since a revenant channeling a legendary Dervish is not going to be strange. This would also let balthazars power be used even after he is dead and aurene absorbed it. Since revenants pull from the mists. Alternate time lines and possibilities. 

This makes sense to do since soto is about going into and beyond the mists. So opening up a elite spec for dervish makes sense since the gods came from the mists and went beyond them. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 7:23 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Everybody has different ideas, so I'd like to see this segment open for discussion. 

Comments down below. 

Maybe at some point, but I don't consider it the highest priority for either. Thief could do with a condition-based melee stealth attack, but pretty much everyone in the thief community is jonesing to finally get a third offhand, due to how much of an impact offhands can have for thief.

For engineer, before they get another melee weapon, I think they need another ranged weapon or two, that aren't gimmicky messes like shortbow. My personal wish is for a lightning-projecting staff, but it doesn't have to be that.

2. Bows on light classes.

There isn't one single light class that has a bow.

But what do you think?

There was a tease for mesmer bow in S3E6, but ultimately, there are so many "elemental archer" concepts to draw from that seems to be the most natural route.

Which brings me to the next point.

I would like to request the conjuring weapons to be changed for something else.

Elementalists already have a hammer, so no need to conjure one; and the only other decent one is frost bow, which could be part of a proper long bow as weapon.

Axe is not bad, but the earth shield is totally useless, to be completely honest.

Nah. With some minor reworks, weapon conjures should be the solution to the problems that elementalist has due to the lack of a weaponswap. (Also, as an observation, earth shield is currently the non-elite weapon conjure that is most used in meta builds, so it's obviously not useless, it's just not something you bring for max DPS.)

3. Right hand pistol for mesmer.

I think that mesmers should have gotten a main hand pistol rather than elementalists, who should have gotten either a great sword or long bow.

At some point, although at this point I'd actually lean more towards another melee option, possibly power-based but more aggressive than MH sword.

4. New weapons types.

Great Axe, Lance, Crossbow.

Attacks could consist in charging forwards like a knight, while holding shield up with the other hand.

Polearms. Which could include greataxes, but also halberds, glaives, and so on depending on the skin. There are some concepts floating around for some weapon sets before ArenaNet decided not to include them.

Crossbows would be nifty. Lances... probably not, since lances specifically are very focused on mounted combat. I could see a one-handed spear for land use.

I'm mostly looking forwards for mesmer rifle, guardian pistols, and revenant scepter, but what about you?

Are you happy with new weapons or would you rather have a certain weapon for a certain class?

Hrrrmn...

• Elementalist: Pistol on elementalist didn't have to be bad, but it's bad. Feels like they looked at all the problems elementalist had, and designed a weapon to make them even worse.
  • Engineer: Gimmicky mess. Feels like it should have been a kit. Engineer already had a good support kit in mace/shield, so it's going to be hard for it to find a place without displacing a less awkward set.
  • Guardian: If pistols are supposed to be a ranged set, you need to be able to use the symbol at range.
  • Mesmer: Rifle has a few issues, but I'm fairly confident they can be ironed out and rifle can be the final step in making heal mesmer a real thing.
  • Necromancer: I think I'd have preferred a melee condition weapon, but with a few adjustments I can see them being a good ranged power option.
  • Ranger: Maces probably wouldn't have been my first pick, but they look good for what they're designed to do.
  • Revenant: I'm of a couple of minds here. I like the lightsaber theme, but rev really wants a ranged support weapon to complement Ventari. Skills 2 and 3 could be used for ranged support, if they weren't dependent on a melee-with-reach autoattack. Feels a bit like ArenaNet had two good but antisynergetic ideas and tried to have both on one weapon, when they really needed to commit to and focus on one.
  • Thief: When axe was announced, I was looking for a Torment-oriented melee condition weapon with a condition-based melee stealth attack. The axe we're getting is... okay, I guess? I'll probably use it - it should do okay as a cleave-oriented ranged weapon - but I'm not really excited by it.
  • Warrior: Looking forward to staff. Has a kink or two to iron out, but if they can keep the urge to nerf it to death in check, it's looking to be one of those support weapons that's still fun to play solo.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Legendary Warmarshal stance, perhaps?

Before the Vindicator reveal, I'd have ruled out using the same story for multiple Revenant stance.

But since we now have what basically is three stances from Shiro's story, Varesh Ossa lining up with Mallyx doesn't feel like double-dipping anymore.

Elementalist: Torch. When I think of elemental magic, that's one of the first weapon that come to my mind.

Engineer: Staff. Long ago I played to a game named Arcanum: Of steamwork and Magick Obscura...

Guardian: OH Mace

Mesmer: MH Pistol. I've been asking for it since they announced the concept of elite spec before HoT.

Necromancer: OH Axe. A personal fantasy of a necromancer mimicking GW:faction's mantids.

Ranger: Scepter and/or Focus. A nature spellcaster that's not a healer, please.

Revenant: Rifle. The revenant thematic is wide, yet, curiously, it doesn't have any technological weapon at the moment.

Thief: Torch. I absolutely need a torch in order to rob a few tombs!

Warrior: MH Pistol. A 900 range main hand weapon, please. Thank you!

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 10:23 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Comments down below. 

Great sword is already overused (Warrior even have Bladesworn that fetishize the Greatsword). I personally don't have the "greatsword fantasy" and I don't think either thief or engineer is suited for such weapon. I think, thief's concept suit more weapons like torchs and maces while Engineer definitely need a lightning rod staff to zap foes from afar.

Easy, use conjure frostbow.

I can imagine skills associated to a bow for both professions. I mean, an undead archer throwing bone arrow isn't a very novel concept while you just need to look at the legendary weapon: the dreamer to see that mesmer should be able to use a shortbow.

I think that mesmers should have gotten a main hand pistol

10000% agree with you here.

4. New weapons types.

Forget it, they would need to complete to many weapon skins set. They won't implement new weapons. In fact even when they had the opportunity with bladesworn's main mechanism they just chose to re-use GS.

Underwater weapon. I think both trident and spear have a possibility of being introduced as land weapon (but that's interpreting one of their latest claim with a lot of optimism)

Poorly.

Individually, Elementalist's pistol is garbage, Engineer's shortbow is weird, Guardian's pistol are actually pretty good, Mesmer's rifle deserve a facepalm, Necromancer's sword is a poorly executed stupid idea, Ranger's mace are good, Revenant's light sab... sorry scepter is another stupid idea, Thief's axe is unpracticable and Warrior's staff is solid but need work.

In general, too many of these weapons add an indecent amount of self-sustain. Once those weapons' many bugs are fixed and the playerbase actually start to exploit this sustain, the forum will be full of complaints.

The weapons I'd like to have most are more fun and functional versions of my Thief Dual Pistols and Scepter.

I want my current Thief weapons to have AoE; such as Pistol Ricochet and Scepter splash damage. And I want more control over how my skills function mechanically; like being able to swap "Leaping Death Blossom" for an alternate variant that works the same but remains stationary or doesn't leap and allows WASD controls while performing the animation, and a "Shadow Strike" and "Measured Shot" variant that just teleports in place solely to proc traits but not move me backwards annoyingly.

This would be through expanding the "Ranger Hammer" feature onto other classes and weapons where it lets you pick what variant you want to use when you use it on non-Untamed specs. Optional skill variants for fun new choices for our favorite weapons and added QoL for our playstyle of choice should be the future.

• Like 2

I want Hammer mesmer and necro.

Staff melee monk guardian too.

I don't get what their fetish with rifle and pistols are, most people don't like to play them in a fantasy MMO.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 1:21 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Revenant: Rifle. The revenant thematic is wide, yet, curiously, it doesn't have any technological weapon at the moment.

I think the issue there is that revenant legends are generally drawn from the past, and modern candidates for legends are generally personal antagonists that ArenaNet has hinted as being unlikely to be made available for players.

Making Viktor and Archemorus into a legend, even if it took combining them, has really dropped the bar on what it apparently takes to be a suitable candidate to be a revenant legend, though. If they came up with a good concept, they could possibly do someone like Cobiah Marriner. Although my personal preference for legends would be for something a bit more distinct than "member of a playable race who probably has a playable profession". Mind you, we might not be talking about full legends here - they could come up with an explanation along the lines of a character not having created enough of an echo to represent a full legend, but they have left enough of an echo for revenants to tap in to and copy their style with a specific weapon.

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think the issue there is that revenant legends are generally drawn from the past, and modern candidates for legends are generally personal antagonists that ArenaNet has hinted as being unlikely to be made available for players.

Firearms are already widely spread as weapon in Tyria, there have to be a character that proved their usefulness to justify this fact. It shouldn't have been that hard to draw a legendary character with such a background.

Now, objectively, weapon are no longer tied to the concept of legend, they are more of a medium to form magic. To be fair, most of Mesmer's rifle skills could have been Revenant's rifle skills... Heck, even the clones/fantasm could be replaced by the spawn of an image of the legend you are currently channeling.

Hammer Mesmer, Torch on Thief, not sure about Warrior but maybe another ranged weapon. Guardian I kind of want dagger, not sure on Ranger. Elementalist, mace maybe? Revenant I'd like pistol, Engineer not sure, originally wanted shortbow but not how they implemented it. Necro, mace or hammer. 

• Like 1

warrior: mainhand pistol or mainhand shield

guardian: mainhand torch

rev: longbow or pistol/pistol

ranger: shield or focus

engineer: warhorn or staff

thief: greatsword or longbow

mesmer: definitely longbow

elementalist: offhand pistol or shortbow

• Like 1
  • Confused 1