PSA - Gliding Disabled in WvW

• XenesisII.1540 changed the title to PSA - Gliding Disabled in WvW
5 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

So if we have any objective to defend where gliding is important, anet says, kitten you. I come to play an hour after so many weeks and I find myself in a terrible disadvantage on fights in our EB keep, cause we are red and can't even glide.

I’m also red and yeah, you can’t quite glide down to ogre directly but you can’t glide into jerrys from green or bravost from blue directly either.

it‘s not really a disadvantage. You should figure out in 2 minutes where you can drop easily, at least i did.

also: how was wvw even possible before gliding oh nooo?

it‘s nothing more than an inconvenience. I don’t understand why they disabled gliding and not just the responsible skin (afaik it is a certain skin) but maybe the problem is a little bit more complex and realistically…. Having 50 gamecrashs everytime somebody opens a glider is more gamebreaking than you, failing to find the safe drops in the red keep right?

4 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Sacrifices must be made in order to "Experience graceful beauty with the Giant Folding Fan Backpack and Glider Combo."

Exactly! When you are a cornerstone of the game, you have to go all in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I’m also red and yeah, you can’t quite glide down to ogre directly but you can’t glide into jerrys from green or bravost from blue directly either.

it‘s not really a disadvantage. You should figure out in 2 minutes where you can drop easily, at least i did.

also: how was wvw even possible before gliding oh nooo?

it‘s nothing more than an inconvenience. I don’t understand why they disabled gliding and not just the responsible skin (afaik it is a certain skin) but maybe the problem is a little bit more complex and realistically…. Having 50 gamecrashs everytime somebody opens a glider is more gamebreaking than you, failing to find the safe drops in the red keep right?

It's a disadvantage when the keep is under siege for 3 hours by blobs and I need to drop my damage and kite if not on a blob myself. This made it easier for blobs to come farm around the keep.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

It's a disadvantage when the keep is under siege for 3 hours by blobs and I need to drop my damage and kite if not on a blob myself. This made it easier for blobs to come farm around the keep.

If you get sieged for 3 hours than ofc you feel the pressure. Bit see it the other way.

first: keep defender weekly done easily.

second: you can zerg your heart out, this is fun! 😄

• Confused 1

ANET, release something right before eveyone leaves, so if there is a problem, noone can fix it.

Disabling the glider would be easy. But no, it is a GEMSTORE ITEM. So everyone has to suffer.

It is an easy fix. But it is only affecting wvw. So lets not fix it at all.

Remember when they did a forced game restart, because some cosmetic had some clipping issue on char horns? On a Friday? 1h after reset?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Remember when they did a forced game restart, because some cosmetic had some clipping issue on char horns? On a Friday? 1h after reset?

Evil.

22 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

but you can’t glide into jerrys from green or bravost from blue directly either

How do you glide into Jerry's and Bravost from the keep?

Red can glide into two towers on EBG. Imo Blue and Green can't glide anywhere from the keep. Maybe if you do the jp onto the roof, but that's not common tactic at all.

9 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

How do you glide into Jerry's and Bravost from the keep?

Red can glide into two towers on EBG. Imo Blue and Green can't glide anywhere from the keep. Maybe if you do the jp onto the roof, but that's not common tactic at all.

That’s what i said. You don’t. 🙂

or at least i meant it that way, maybe i was unclear with my chosen words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

There's more than one? xD

I know at least three but the Wiki says:

• NW of Bauer Farmstead POI (East of sentry)
  • W of the Air Keep Western shrine.
  • N of Crankshaft Depot POI (at bottom of stairs)
  • N of Parched Outpost POI (just outside north entrance).
  • W of Osprey Palace near Zak's Overlook
  • E of Higgins Ascent
  • W of Bauer Farmstead Vista (a bit North of sentry)
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all the new people that perhaps just maxed out their wvw gliding mastery.

Speaking of: has anyone ever noticed how the last level does...nothing? It's meant to be like PvE mastery where you use glide endurance while gliding until the last level's unlocked, then it's only when leaning in any direction.

But level 4 unlocks that. So 5 does nothing.