PSA - Gliding Disabled in WvW

Hmmm... can deal with the hackers being a pain (just log till they leave), can deal with the guilds stacking of low tiers to farm (just log till they leave). But for crying out loud.. how about a screen flash saying "no glider, see down there, that's where you go splat if you try". I'm West Aussie, when they were handing out brains, we were the last in line because we were busy knocking back a few tinnies that we forgot to collect our share of the IQ. 12 (actually 14 really) splats. I'm more than just roadkill now, I'm part of the road infrastructure. We need medic's in wvw atm Anet... either that or some dev to clean up all the splats. Its the least you can do for us poor West Aussies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

i can imagine so many deaths of people forgetting this and just jumping off 3rd floor SMC they own or high enough tower or from red keep in EBG.

I died like 4 times tonight cause I remembered immediately after I jumped. The one time I remembered to stop myself was after a firekeep ewp and then saw 3 people dive off to their deaths.

🤭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

All, mind share with others about the block on gliding to prevent fellow peeps from WEEEEEEE........splating lol.

Anet, you might have considered applying the no gliding buff seen around JPs so there was more warning. Why didn't you just block that glider instead?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I died like 4 times tonight cause I remembered immediately after I jumped. The one time I remembered to stop myself was after a firekeep ewp and then saw 3 people dive off to their deaths.

Sounds like a learn to play issue. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I sent notification to all my guilds in Discord earlier in the morning 😄 

Hmm our guild did the opposite. We avoided telling anyone and then went off EBG like normal to see how many people would die. 🤣

I however noticed it because I tried gliding at the inner wall and noticed the glider did not work.

Then again nobody in my guild (including myself)reads anyways, so the result would be similar.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another shout-out to ANet to finally replace all glider skins with the standard skin, if Character Model Quality is set on low. It works on mount skins (every mount skin is replaced by the standard skin on low PC model), why not on gliders?

Edited by AllNightPlayer.1286
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

i can imagine so many deaths of people forgetting this and just jumping off 3rd floor SMC they own or high enough tower or from red keep in EBG.

I killed myself trying to glide 4 times so far, only played WvW today for an hour so far. Tried to pull people off on Hills as Necro, ended up falling to my death with them, twice jumped to my death from Hill Garri trying to glide above the shrines and, you guessed it, Red Keep on EB.

I also counted 11 people dying in EB after falling to their death. Fun.

7 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Oh you're so very right.  I saw someone needing a rez on the ground, so I gallantly lept off the second floor of the home BL garrison to help them....only to end up also lying there needing a rez.  Lol I didn't read the note until after I logged off for the night, and laughed at my failure.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

Who needs and enemy team! We are doing a fine job of killing ourselves by jumping off cliffs. 😉

I wonder, do the other teams get warscore when we kill ourselves?

Think only when you're in combat with them.

Most jumping puzzle have this no gliding debuff, but when it is suddenly disabled in wvw you aren't told in game.

I thought it's me and was about to reboot my pc but luckily I asked in map chat before... after I died twice, from falling.

Can't this glider crash bug be fixed without gliding disabled? We've has this crash bug for like a week or longer and adjusted.
Or just disable the offending gliderskin that causes it.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1