Return to Living World 1 (now on new events calendar)

Randulf.7614

33 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

no content they have to create and the new people they got with soto will want to do it.

Suppose. At least until they get to the first instance and warp back to 2013.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I would think it likely they will do other seasons sequentially between content releases as an event. This was something players did ask for after all

I'm excited for this. People looking for an easier time completing some of the less-run content, like Tower of Nightmares, will have a better time in there. Anyone looking to get certain achievements done, this will be a good time. With Return To's becoming sequential and predictable events, well, that's just great.

Edit: That is, if they do this, which I'm suspecting they will. Please don't take this comment as confirmation.

Edited by Kiki.9450
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Ooooh!  That's new!  I thought it was going to be the event calendar on the wiki.

Yes, I saw a news announcement about it when I was looking to see if I doubled up my post. A pretty neat addition.

• Randulf.7614 changed the title to Return to Living World 1 (now on new events calendar)
  • ArenaNet Staff
9 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Huh.  I didn't get the notification of Rubi's post.  I don't know why it skips some sometimes.

Sometimes when things are extra busy I will set up posts the day before, hide them, and unhide them when it's time to publish. That may be circumventing the notifications. That's good to know--I'll try to keep that to a minimum. 😄

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Also, there is an event calendar. It doesn’t show in portrait on mobile so link is below (added to op too)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/events/

Just got around to checking this out too. I appreciate it! Real nice to see what's all coming up all in one spot.

If there's a way to get here via in-game link (or one on the launcher), that'd be nifty, but as it is now, it's great. "Nifty" isn't something I need.

16 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Just got around to checking this out too. I appreciate it! Real nice to see what's all coming up all in one spot.

If there's a way to get here via in-game link (or one on the launcher), that'd be nifty, but as it is now, it's great. "Nifty" isn't something I need.

I’m sure a wiki page will be made by someone in the community for that 

I am very disappointed with the LWS1 "event".. first because events should be a special thing on the game about something that isn't on the game the whole year. The LWS1 is there for anyone to play at any time, how's that supposed to be an event?

Sure, it will help people to get their achievements but again, the LWS1 content is available the whole year, if people can't get their achievements done now it's because people aren't playing these contents.. and if they are not playing it, it's mainly because it's not fun or not rewarding.

Also, the new calendar doesn't mention the Lunar New Year in January or Febuary.. did they forget? Did they not make anything regarding the current animal of the chinese calendar? WTF happened to the event that is actually expected at this time of the year?

Edited by leila.7962
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Sometimes when things are extra busy I will set up posts the day before, hide them, and unhide them when it's time to publish. That may be circumventing the notifications. That's good to know--I'll try to keep that to a minimum. 😄

I got the notification this time when you (re?)posted the announcement. 

5 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

I am very disappointed with the LWS1 "event".. first because events should be a special thing on the game about something that isn't on the game the whole year. The LWS1 is there for anyone to play at any time, how's that supposed to be an event?

Sure, it will help people to get their achievements but again, the LWS1 content is available the whole year, if people can't get their achievements done now it's because people aren't playing these contents.. and if they are not playing it, it's mainly because it's not fun or not rewarding.

Also, the new calendar doesn't mention the Lunar New Year in January or Febuary.. did they forget? Did they not make anything regarding the current animal of the chinese calendar? WTF happened to the event that is actually expected at this time of the year?

You are very dissapointed, but how can you know, simce there is no info about the extra rewards or anything? Wvw bonus event is also about content that is already there. Same for fractal rush and world boss run. I only see positives soo far and a chance to get some of the missing achievements i have for ls1

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

They already said they will do events in between expac releases, not sure if you pay attention.

Yea I dident say I was against it I just answered the poster I quoted.

It is the same as the festivals just less reliable when we get them.

18 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

But...why?

I'd say that if they're trying to attract new players who haven't bought all the BLT shinies yet, it might help to occasionally rez the older stuff so it's not full of group-oriented content that's basically impossible for new players to clear.

Then there's the massive sale they just ran over Wintersday, basically dumping everything from yesteryear back in there. Looked at from the same "attract & retain new players" frame, it kind of adds up to a conscious effort at addressing FOMO fears. IDK how long gimmicks like that will work though.

PS: I am kind of half-hoping that this means the old BL Weapon collections might make their reappearances, too. Some of those designs are really cherry, as Magister Sieran might say.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
add

11 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

There's nothing listed yet that's starting in februari and further on, it'll probably be added some time soon. 

• Like 1