Mounts and Minipets need to be tied to equipment tabs

We have multiple equipment tabs for our equipment but when we change our look, our mounts and our minipets cant be changed with it.  The devs really need to associate mounts and minipets with specific equipment tabs, so that we can swap to different mounts/dye schemes and minis for our different looks.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I'd be ok with it as long as there's also the option to keep the same mounts and mini pets when changing equipment (without having to manually link the same ones to each template) and if the random option continues to work as it does now.

• Like 2

True -that also includes other things like gliders, outfits (including them being active or not per equipment tab) or headgear/gloves/shoulder/weapon visibility boxes. It was proposed many times already, doubt it will happen. But it should.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is an excellent idea and could help Arenanet sell more cosmetics so win-win. I love matching my equipment with my costume, glider, pet, and mounts. I even have multiple rangers to create sets themed around specific ranger pets because just one ranger with multiple loadouts unlocked isn't enough! The main reason I have been skipping on cosmetic purchases lately is because it's such a chore to change up everything on a character with no way to flip back to previous skin and dye choices.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 1/15/2024 at 9:08 AM, Kiki.9450 said:

Not necessarily equipment, but I do agree it'd be nice to have mounts, miniatures, wardrobe setups, and dye setups so that they can be saved to templates.

I actually use different colored dyes on different builds to tell them apart. Granted I forget about it most of the time.

But yea people spent all this gold/money and all this stuff. They need better access to them.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Equipment templates need improved functionality, especially considering that template expansions are a Gem Store item.

100% agreed.

Maybe templates in general, including build, equipment, and the addition of a fashion/wardrobe template that incorporates skins+outfits, along with gliders, mount skins, and miniatures can be upgraded.  I think this would slot in well as an expansion level feature.

• Thanks 2

I would prefer a separate "style/outfit" tab. People should have as many of those as they have unlocked equipment templates. But being able to switch between the skins/mounts independently of the equipment stats.

(Make the weapon and armor skins included per default and the other stuff with a checkbox so you could have equipped one default one that never changes. Or different mount skins/clors, minis and other stuff - based on the skin/outfit templates.)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I would prefer a separate "style/outfit" tab. People should have as many of those as they have unlocked equipment templates. But being able to switch between the skins/mounts independently of the equipment stats.

(Make the weapon and armor skins included per default and the other stuff with a checkbox so you could have equipped one default one that never changes. Or different mount skins/clors, minis and other stuff - based on the skin/outfit templates.)

Suggest a way for Anet to monetize this, and you might succeed.

Agreed, and be sure to include outfits too. For example I have one equipment template where I'm going for a certain look that has an outfit showing. But for a different equipment template I'm going for a look that has the armor visible (no outfit).  It would be very nice to have specific outfits (or no outfit) be remembered along with the associated template.

What about the most obvious? The backpiece.

When I switch between my builds (different armor too), then I can either choose to have enabled everywhere or disabled everywhere.

Weirdly enough it is same with other armor pieces that can be visually en-/disabled, they are even tied to different tabs, but either I enable it for all or disable it for all. That is esp. very limiting for head pieces.

When I switch to my fully body armor berserker set I want it enabled, when I switch to my rather fur showing condi set I don't want the headpiece to show.
No way I can have that atm.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2