I HOPE THIS RESTRUCTURING DONT GO TROUGH

I really hope you are smart and stop doing this and leave servers as IS, you should better come with something promising like new rewards, quality content and changes for wvw instead. As a long wvw player who enjoyed it untill now I really hope you learn from this mistake and don't ruin what is good in wvw. I really hope this don't go trough. I am sorry but this is bad.

end of rant.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

I really hope you are smart and stop doing this and leave servers as IS, you should better come with something promising like new rewards, quality content and changes for wvw instead. As a long wvw player who enjoyed it untill now I really hope you learn from this mistake and don't ruin what is good in wvw. I really hope this don't go trough. I am sorry but this is bad.

end of rant.

Take a look at my post history or Sig and you can see my server is T4 NA  (bottom) and I still like my pub-mates. 

So that said, what did you like or dislike about the first week of three of the beta to better clarify changes to be made? 

I hope it goes through, the previous situation was horrible, kittened up and basically one of the problems (not the main or all of them) of why WvW is what it is right now.

WR for me so far at least from the first MU of the beta is so good, as a roamer/small scale player I have never had so much content on daily basis for hours, even the guilds that raid on my team (I think there are 2) are not big but still do a hell of a good job winning fights in open field and defending/attacking while the enemy is bigger and I know most of them so I know their numbers, no we didn't select the same guild to be on the same team, my guild went solo and the guild got assigned randomly to a team.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

the previous situation was horrible

The previous situation was in suffering. This term seems to me to be more appropriate. Put this way, it's probably something shared by all of us here on the forum. It's as if WVW has been waiting for an update/improvement for a few years.

Now imagine if the development offered an update to WVW, ensuring all of us that it's still a competing team game mode. Then imagine a feedback of the beta versions of this update here on the forum that has a taste of true enthusiasm. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone?

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 1

The WR isn't gonna have any impact on gameplay or amount of content ur gonna experience. That's not what its for, so if u think that, well ur gonna be disapointed. It's supose to manage population issue's and all the stupid banwaggoning after each link reset. Which is fine if u ask me. 

So if ur finding the WR lacking, in what ever shape or form, maybe u forgot to choose an alliance or u didnt bother cause u thought, meh, who cares anyway. 

I for one would prefer if they gave up on the whole wr/alliances, and instead forcused on the ACTUAL issues in wvw. Of which there are MANY!! Im not gonna waste time naming them and pointing them out, since if u play wvw on a daily basis, u know all the issues, to which I am refering. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

The WR isn't gonna have any impact on gameplay or amount of content ur gonna experience. That's not what its for, so if u think that, well ur gonna be disapointed. It's supose to manage population issue's and all the stupid banwaggoning after each link reset. Which is fine if u ask me. 

Although yesterday wie where outnumbered on all 4 maps.

i guess you can never „balance“ it out properly at any given time. Just cope and leave then i guess.

but generally i feel like it works out well. This week was quite fun so far.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

for one would prefer if they gave up on the whole wr/alliances, and instead forcused on the ACTUAL issues in wvw. Of which there are MANY!! Im not gonna waste time naming them and pointing them out, since if u play wvw on a daily basis, u know all the issues, to which I am refering

Thieves

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

So if ur finding the WR lacking, in what ever shape or form, maybe u forgot to choose an alliance or u didnt bother cause u thought, meh, who cares anyway. 

I for one would prefer if they gave up on the whole wr/alliances, and instead forcused on the ACTUAL issues in wvw. Of which there are MANY!! Im not gonna waste time naming them and pointing them out, since if u play wvw on a daily basis, u know all the issues, to which I am refering. 

But that's the thing, it's not actually doing much for the population either, it's just making it easier for the bandwagoners to group together and basically get free transfers, at the cost of mixing up all the players who actually stayed loyal to their servers. If it's not aiming to at least help fix some of the other issues with population like time zone coverage, spreading out players more so there's less outnumbered moments, and bringing performances of worlds closer together so that doesn't feel like there's 5 separate tiers of huge gaps in between every tier, but rather you have 12-15 servers that are all near enough to compete with each other for T1, there really isn't any point to the system. Other than introducing more chaos into the population so they can appease the ants in the pants fight guilds who don't even care about anything other than having a farm in front of them for the two hours they log on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

all they do with this is to support big guilds, leaving out those who are not in a large guild. Those who claim this is beneficial are the ones in those large groups, pretending to be superior fighting 15 randoms with a 50 man blob. The best course of action might be to quit WvW and let those in large groups take over empty structures.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

But that's the thing, it's not actually doing much for the population either, it's just making it easier for the bandwagoners to group together and basically get free transfers, at the cost of mixing up all the players who actually stayed loyal to their servers. If it's not aiming to at least help fix some of the other issues with population like time zone coverage, spreading out players more so there's less outnumbered moments, and bringing performances of worlds closer together so that doesn't feel like there's 5 separate tiers of huge gaps in between every tier, but rather you have 12-15 servers that are all near enough to compete with each other for T1, there really isn't any point to the system. Other than introducing more chaos into the population so they can appease the ants in the pants fight guilds who don't even care about anything other than having a farm in front of them for the two hours they log on.

And when we don’t see this result you have specified to be a success from what is the very  first week (or first weekend since it was already getting doomed) of a buggy sorting algorithm and what we knew where going to be fairly disorganised guilds in completely random tiers, we can definitivly say WR doesn’t work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And when we don’t see this result you have specified to be a success from what is the very  first week (or first weekend since it was already getting doomed) of a buggy sorting algorithm and what we knew where going to be fairly disorganised guilds in completely random tiers, we can definitivly say WR doesn’t work. 

The whole test is kinda gone in the ditch since the sorting was screwed up and had to manually move people, and now we have to wait another week before they do another recreation to see if anything was fixed and if anything is working like it's suppose to. Too early to write it off, at the same time.... it's been like 8 betas... with like little progress to show...

• Like 1

I don't know how people think this restructuring is going to fix the population balance problem...

We are going to run into the same exact problems, maybe worse.

Overstacked servers already have massive wvw guilds building alliances with each other to stack on the same server. 

Understacked servers with small guilds will get the crumbs and be placed together...

We are already seeing this where we are matched up with a massive blob server that is dominating like 90% coverage. SM is basically perma-red t3... unless you want to wake up at 5am for a quick ninja-flip..

ANET fixed nothing. And the only thing that happened was I got separated from like 75% of my guildies even though we all selected the same wvw guild

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

The whole test is kinda gone in the ditch since the sorting was screwed up and had to manually move people, and now we have to wait another week before they do another recreation to see if anything was fixed and if anything is working like it's suppose to. Too early to write it off, at the same time.... it's been like 8 betas... with like little progress to show...

I hasnt been quite 8 of them, but I agree - Anet should have had the sorting fixed by now.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely. All this update does is turning WvW into EoTM 2.0. Leaving players nothing to do but boonball trains. Forcing players to fight alongside players/guilds they dislike without even an option to transfer away from them? Great Kitten design ArenaNet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Razi.6031 said:

I don't know how people think this restructuring is going to fix the population balance problem...

because it's not just a population problem. The way they count population doesn't take into account:

• what time of day you play
  • skill differences of players
  • pug groups vs organised groups aka boonballs
  • imbalances per class vs player preferences
  • the various different roles people can play WvW
  • the people who play (or just stand around) in WvW for legendaries
  • the difference in how serious some guilds/servers take their WvW

All of these things lead to imbalances that are not about population of servers old or new. And boonballs are the worst of it all because the difference between a boonball and a group of players that isn't as well organised is humongous and leads to things like a boonball just farming defenders of, for example, the garrisons without the defenders (even when more numerous) being able to do anything about it.

I get that you should be rewarded for playing well, but the difference is just too big.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:
  • what time of day you play
  • skill differences of players
  • pug groups vs organised groups aka boonballs
  • imbalances per class vs player preferences
  • the various different roles people can play WvW
  • the people who play (or just stand around) in WvW for legendaries
  • the difference in how serious some guilds/servers take their WvW

But couldn’t we more or less assume that, if all players are randomly equally distributed to all servers (i know: hypothetical scenario), those different kind of players would also be distributed equally?

so if we completely forge new servers and redistribute all players random and then block every transfer forever, we would have a more or less balanced population wouldn’t we?

i know this will not be done for a lot of good and bad reasons but I’m afraid that’s the only real solution.

Edited by CafPow.1542

31 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

But couldn’t we more or less assume that, if all players are randomly equally distributed to all servers (i know: hypothetical scenario), those different kind of players would also be distributed equally?

so if we completely forge new servers and redistribute all players random and then block every transfer forever, we would have a more or less balanced population wouldn’t we?

i know this will not be done for a lot of good and bad reasons but I’m afraid that’s the only real solution.

Similar balance could be achieved by letting people transfer and incentivising transfers to (and playing on) weaker/underpopulated servers. Currently, there is basically no bonus/penalty for playing while being outnumbered or against outnumbered (everyone cares about bags these days and they drop regardless).

• Haha 1