Rifle for Rangers?

SoulGuardian.6203

Rifle for rangers   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Rifle. Yes or no?

2. 2. How strongly do you feel about ranger getting a rifle?

• 100% Very strongly
    • 50% Somewhat strongly
    • 10% Not that strongly
    • 0% Not strongly at all
    • Other. Please state.
  3. 3. How would the rifle function?

• Just like any other
    • A shotgun
    • Add magic to it
    • A huge Crossbow
    • A Cork banger
    • I would rather have a feather duster

NO....where is the part where you ask people whether they are roleplayers  or actual players? I assumed that roleplayers would be happy and satisfied with their hammer, roleplaying as bunnythumpers in Queensdale....but here again people asking for another roleplaying weapon that would serve no other purpose other than taking screenshots for reddit. My dear roleplayers...every day I log in on ranger, I go and face a never ending stream of projectile denial, teleporting burst etc etc....projectile gameplay is useless AF at the moment and paired with the worst class mechanic in the game (pets) draws a rather bleak picture and last thing ranger needs is another projectile weapon to make things worst than what are already. Nothing personal but I'd rather have something I can play around than something useful only to take reddit screenshots. But by all means,  you can go and ask Anet for a longbow skin that looks like a rifle 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

NO....where is the part where you ask people whether they are roleplayers  or actual players? I assumed that roleplayers would be happy and satisfied with their hammer, roleplaying as bunnythumpers in Queensdale....but here again people asking for another roleplaying weapon that would serve no other purpose other than taking screenshots for reddit. My dear roleplayers...every day I log in on ranger, I go and face a never ending stream of projectile denial, teleporting burst etc etc....projectile gameplay is useless AF at the moment and paired with the worst class mechanic in the game (pets) draws a rather bleak picture and last thing ranger needs is another projectile weapon to make things worst than what are already. Nothing personal but I'd rather have something I can play around than something useful only to take reddit screenshots. But by all means,  you can go and ask Anet for a longbow skin that looks like a rifle 

600 range aoe buckshot. Can't get reflected if it isn't a projectile.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd like offhand pistol before we get rifle. Make it a ranged power weapon, with a leap backwards skill (leap finisher) and a high damage piercing shot (projectile finisher). Then it would work well with power axe (to maintain your range advantage), or power sword (to have the ultimate mobility kit).

• Like 2

Personally I'd prefer a Scepter and Focus because Ranger really needs ranged non projectile AoE and Staff has already been wasted, though Rifle could fill that role and would look better.

But getting a Rifle would be pretty funny just to kitten off the "ACKSHULLY ARAGON HAD A SWORD" crowd.

Edited by Levetty.1279
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Personally I'd prefer a Scepter and Focus because Ranger really needs ranged non projectile AoE and Staff has already been wasted, though Rifle could fill that role and would look better.

But getting a Rifle would be pretty funny just to kitten off the "ACKSHULLY ARAGON HAD A SWORD" crowd.

Aragorn had a M1817 muzzle-loaded flintlock.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

600 range buckshot let's go!

Guardian used to have a 600 range cone auto. Was removed because it was simply too hard to balance in WvW. I doubt any other profession will get one.

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

A rifle on ranger? It's probably going to throw seeds that sprout plants instead of bullets.

That's pretty close to something I've been advocating for a while.

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I miss the loot stick...

Still, I think there is room for something like that in this game.

I do too - it was a unique weapon. But they'll likely keep in mind why they killed it before bringing something similar back. Especially something that's more DPS-oriented than the lootstick ever was.

27 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I do too - it was a unique weapon. But they'll likely keep in mind why they killed it before bringing something similar back. Especially something that's more DPS-oriented than the lootstick ever was.

Nah, make it all dazes, knockbacks, and stuns so it does no damage in PvP/WvW.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah, make it all dazes, knockbacks, and stuns so it does no damage in PvP/WvW.

Pretty sure there'd still be a way to make that broken in competitive if all those dazes, knockbacks, and stuns are area-of-effect attacks. Might not be able to kill anything on its own, but one person with a lootstick generally couldn't kill much on their own in WvW either, it was when you had them in mass that they broke things.

1 minute ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Pretty sure there'd still be a way to make that broken in competitive if all those dazes, knockbacks, and stuns are area-of-effect attacks. Might not be able to kill anything on its own, but one person with a lootstick generally couldn't kill much on their own in WvW either, it was when you had them in mass that they broke things.

Oh I know, and the PvP would burn down if it happened. Would be fun to watch though.

How will Rifle be different from longbow? Longbow is a power dps weapon with extreme range that has PvP utility and burst damage. Rifle should have lower range, and probably do higher, less bursty damage. It shouldn't provide stealth, and it should maybe not have a hard CC at range.

Honestly, I'd love a kit that is something like LoL's Jhin.

1. slow 4-hit AA combo that crits for high damage on the last hit, and then goes on a 2s cooldown.
  2. shot that immobilizes opponents and deals bonus damage and gives stacks of vulnerability if that enemy is revealed or is below 75% maxhp.
  3. trap that can be placed at 480 range that deals damage, cripples, and reveals enemies.
  4. bouncing attack that gains additional damage as it bounces, depending on how low each target's health is.
  5. 1800 range unblockable piercing attack that must be aimed like skyscale fireball, with a 1.5s windup channel and you cannot move until you fire.
  • Confused 4