Legendary Relics are Coming Soon

26 minutes ago, PipuLS.7264 said:

it says that the ones who craft leggy runes before soto will recibe de leggy rune, so ... no you wont get it if you craft a leggy rune right now

That's not what the article says. It says: Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free. In other words, you’ll get 100% of legendary relic progress as a bonus for having already crafted a rune. 

So it's not live yet.

4 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

We understand that. And I understand WHY thy changed it. I even understand that it probably is an improvement. However, one of the huge QoL things of legendaries for me was to HAVE ALL THE THINGS ON RELEASE WITHOUT JUMPING THROUGH ALL THE HOOPS. If ANet wants people to jump through some hoops for the new Relic of Awesome attach it to a collection that is fun to do, gives a skin and maybe 5AP and people will do it. If ANet wants people to jump through some hoops for the new Relic of Awesome hide the hoops in engaging gamelpay so the hoops don't feel like hoops.

I'd put it differently: If Anet want new players to engage with the new content, then they should perhaps try to make that content good and engaging. Instead, it looks to me like they'd prefer to replace it with classic gear grind (something many people came to this game in order to avoid).

I know that for developers gear grind is a simpler and cheaper solution than bothering to make a good content, but for players it is a downgrade. If they cannot/don't want to make a good content anymore, then perhaps they should just stop and close the shop instead of trying to pretend they still care.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fang.2137 said:

I just want to make sure. So if I make one legendary rune, let's say tomorrow, I will still receive a legendary relic for free, or does it only work if I made the rune before this announcement?

Yes if you craft the rune before the legendary relic goes live, you will get the relic for free! 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

So those of us who crafted a 7th legendary rune in anticipation of the additional progress towards the legendary relic are SOL?  

I keep seeing this, but I don't understand it.
You have seven runes. That in itself is the benefit.
You also get a free relic. What's the problem?

If you crafted seven runes thinking it would get you a free relic before an official announcement (today), well, that's just poor planning. But guess what, you get a free relic anyway! Congrats!

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Fang.2137 said:

I just want to make sure. So if I make one legendary rune, let's say tomorrow, I will still receive a legendary relic for free, or does it only work if I made the rune before this announcement?

"Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free. In other words, you’ll get 100% of legendary relic progress as a bonus for having already crafted a rune. (...) When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end, and the only way to obtain a legendary relic will be through the normal crafting journey."

The deadline is the next release, not the current announcement.

Edited by ViolentMuffin.9573
typo
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Fang.2137 said:

The period ends at the formal release, this is just the announcement.

11 minutes ago, Fang.2137 said:

Quoted from the article. 

...it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the relic becoming available with a completed legendary relic.

So yes, if you make a legendary rune now (prior to legendary relics being released) you get the legendary relic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The period ends at the formal release, this is just the announcement.

This.

The fact that they are giving those who held off on creating legendary runes until more information about the relic compensation was available time to now act on that information is a solid show of consideration for their customers and deserves kudos.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, firedragon.8953 said:

I keep seeing this, but I don't understand it.
You have seven runes. That in itself is the benefit.
You also get a free relic. What's the problem?

If you crafted seven runes thinking it would get you a free relic before an official announcement (today), well, that's just poor planning.

I didn't craft the 7th thinking it would get me a free relic.  I crafted the 7th thinking it would get me significant progress because ANet said it would, months ago.  Turns out that was a lie, I didn't need to craft the 7th rune at all, because even a single rune was enough.

I took action based on what ANet said in an official announcement.  ANet then changed their minds, invalidating the action I took based on their official announcement.

That's the problem.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

1 hour ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

I didn't craft the 7th thinking it would get me a free relic.  I crafted the 7th thinking it would get me significant progress because ANet said it would, months ago.  Turns out that was a lie, I didn't need to craft the 7th rune at all, because even a single rune was enough.

I took action based on what ANet said in an official announcement.  ANet then changed their minds, invalidating the action I took based on their official announcement.

That's the problem.

I dunno, for me it was all very "in progress" and not 100% confirmed what would they do, so being a little bit sceptic and patient and hoarding mats in waiting was a more logical action plan to me.

Edited by ViolentMuffin.9573
"to me" at the end added
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I am a little confused with something, maybe because English is not my first language, but in the article it looks like there is a differentiation about "legendary relics" (in plural) and "legendary relic" (in singular).
Look at this line for example:

Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free.

They mention "legendary relics" but then they say "you will be granted A legendary relic", they make it look like they are going to be more than one or is it just my misunderstanding of the language?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, luuks.5687 said:

Can someone clarify something for me?  Maybe I don't understand.

There is only one relic slot. So you'll only need one.
If I craft a legendary rune now (before the release of the legendary relic), I will automatically receive the one legendary relic I need.

Is the above assumption correct?

Looks like it.

but everyone else noticing same thing so price of charms is skyrocketing!

1 minute ago, Aguileitus.2618 said:

I am a little confused with something, maybe because English is not my first language, but in the article it looks like there is a differentiation about "legendary relics" (in plural) and "legendary relic" (in singular).
Look at this line for example:

They mention "legendary relics" but then they say "you will be granted A legendary relic", they make it look like they are going to be more than one or is it just my misunderstanding of the language?

They are speaking of the plural quantity that the player base will be acquiring only one of per account. Each account will only need to unlock 1 relic.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

That's the problem.

That isnt a lie, its a change of mind in an environment where openness to change is necessary. If you tell your significant other that you will pick up dinner at their favorite restaurant on the way home, but discover that the block where the resataurant sits is not easily accessible due to an accident or something, would it be a lie to pick a different place?

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

I'm...actually reasonably happy with this. I was one of the people who got screwed over by the legendary rune -> SoTO relics announcement last year (made the runes literally 2 weeks before relics were announced), and that was and has been the biggest reason I have refused to buy SoTO. I am legit (pleasantly) surprised that I don't have to grind out all the materials for the legendary relic and that I get it for my previous efforts. I understand unlocking future expansion relics for the legendary relic (and, yeah, I've been kind of surprised for a long time that legendaries didn't work like that in the first place when stat-swapping was added to them), but...yeah. I'm happy I don't have to "craft" another legendary to get back most of the function I've lost. I still want more of the old effects back, silly as they were, but this is a surprise I wasn't expecting. I am very glad to not have to throw hundreds/thousands of gold to get back a portion of what I lost with SoTO.

Still waiting to see if update #2 adds enough to justify buying SoTO now vs later, but, hey, my biggest protest with SoTO has been halfway reasonably addressed. Way more than I was expecting, and I am glad about that.

1 hour ago, ViolentMuffin.9573 said:

I dunno, for me it was all very "in progress" and not 100% confirmed what would they do, so being a little bit sceptic and patient and hoarding mats in waiting was a more logical action plan.

Same. After getting my butt kicked before, I've been waiting for any finalized plans because it was way too soon to see what Anet was going to do, especially with the outcry against relics in the first place.

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
Made it less mean
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

So those of us who crafted a 7th legendary rune in anticipation of the additional progress towards the legendary relic are SOL?  

Or, to put it differently...

ANet: Hey players, if you do the thing, you'll get some additional rewards
Player: Okay great, I'll do the thing!
ANet: LOL just kidding, no additional rewards

Well you’re not sol. You have a 7th rune for your aquatic helmet. Alteast it’s still being used by something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had the same idea about unlocks when they announced Legendary Relics. Nice to see this idea come to life. 🙂

I'm honestly surprised about the full compensation, and one Legendary Rune being sufficient on top of that. Glad I have had 7 of those for years -- I might have been a little grumpy right now had I crafted 6-7 of them merely because of the earlier "significant progress" announcement. 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Divity.3049 said:

Will you somehow adjust the costs of legendary runes AFTER the relic release so they are becoming a more reasonable deal?

Originally legendary rune price was half of what it is now, and while part of it is due to MCs and ecto, a large part of it is Charms. I fully expect those prices to go down hard as soon as Relic gets released and the compensation "unlock" period has ended.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Crafted one now. I just hope it works fine with the auto unlock of the legendary relic for peoplat that have crafted at least one rune. Not that this got announced ArenaNet can't just change their mind  on this and denying it to the people that only crafted one - since the prices of certain components alraedy increased on the TP. (We might have not crafted it to the higher price if they did not make this announcement.)

People that have crafted 7 runes? Well their was no clear explanation on how this would work in detail - and they get the bonus to not have to manually buy another normal rune for ther aquabreather. So they can't complain. (They could have waited until now.)

The thing with unlocking new stuff first - makes sense and seems fun. (So you have at least content to unlock - not just buying the expansion automatically having the new effects and not even playing any of the new content :D) Since it affects only new stuff ... it is not a big problem.

(They still should add maybe older 6th rune boni they did not include yet in the core game without needing an unlock for the legendary. Some summons I think.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3