The limited inventory space and default equipment templates are really offputting, I rather spend my time elsewhere due to how detrimental this is to my enjoyment

The gold prices for bigger bags for all your characters is outrageous. There's 3 specializations per profession but we only get two equipment templates? That's kittened up, I can't store all these weapons/armor + quest items + currencies. Every expansion that grants a new specialization should've unlocked an extra equipment template permanently (both existing and new characters)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Equipment templates are what OP is talking about, not build templates.

A build is just changing some skills and traits. Easy to do quickly at no cost. But changing equipment when you don't have enough templates for that means you have to carry around an extra 10+ pieces of gear in your bag, and it takes longer to change equipment than to change skills/runes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

WvW healer: Minstrel

PvE healer: Settler or whatever

WvW DPS: Berserker or Marauder.

PvE DPS: Berserker.

WvW condi: Trailblazer

PvE condi: Viper

That's 6 equipment sets, minimum. Legendary isn't just "a convenience". In fact it's pretty inconvenient the way you have to pick stats every time, and then do the same for accessories. and then for weapons. It's a literal requirement if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 build all the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Oh however did we all manage without more than one equipment template to begin with (before templates were a thing that was normal for years). To be fair, arc used to have a much more convenient solution to this than what was implemented, but you had to carry all that stuff around in your bags regardless, unless ofc you had legendary equipment on every character (but very few people had because armory wasn't a thing then either). 

The way I see it you can either buy more equipment templates or character slots to solve the issue (wich was the solution prior to templates aswell, on top of 2 templates you also get 5 bagslots on the character slot- btw cheap 20 slot bags are okay for everything if you take this solution), if you don't want to use real money there's always converting gold to gems. But i doubt anet is gonna change much on the situation since their income depends on it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Swooz.7596 said:

The gold prices for bigger bags for all your characters is outrageous. There's 3 specializations per profession but we only get two equipment templates? That's kittened up, I can't store all these weapons/armor + quest items + currencies. Every expansion that grants a new specialization should've unlocked an extra equipment template permanently (both existing and new characters)

the answer is quite simply to buy them either with gold or gems.  In GW2 you don't pay a sub, so that's the equivalent of buying 3 a month, and its good to invest in the game you play.  I bought a couple with gold and a couple with gems over the last couple years until I had max.

Edit: you can get 2 right now from the wizards vaults for the equivalent of a couple days play for free.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

-laughs in 26 character slots so that I have builds tied to individual characters rather than hauling around multiple sets of equipment on 1 character and I really only play the same 6 or so characters primarily  and the rest are there just because I can-

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Hello, I would like to ask you. I want to change the race of my character and make the same class but I have purchased 5 bag slots will it be possible to transfer them to my new character if I delete this one and is it possible to have some help from you or will I have to purchase new 5 bag slot if i delete this character and create a new one
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, MXD.4582 said:
Hello, I would like to ask you. I want to change the race of my character and make the same class but I have purchased 5 bag slots will it be possible to transfer them to my new character if I delete this one and is it possible to have some help from you or will I have to purchase new 5 bag slot if i delete this character and create a new one

Bag Slot Expansions are not account bound.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_Slot_Expansion

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

-laughs in 26 character slots so that I have builds tied to individual characters rather than hauling around multiple sets of equipment on 1 character and I really only play the same 6 or so characters primarily  and the rest are there just because I can-

The day legendary gear was available across my entire account was a great day. 😂

• Like 3

On 2/1/2024 at 5:21 PM, Swooz.7596 said:

The initial number of templates is suposed to reflect the number of gamemodes (pve/wvw/pvp), not number of especs. Respeccing is free and unlimited.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The gold prices for bigger bags for all your characters is outrageous.

And that coming since getting gold is so easy, aa rewards AND the current festival.

The 18 slots bag in tp aren't that expensive, not even for all your characters.

There's nothing outrageous about bags.

There's 3 specializations per profession but we only get two equipment templates? That's kittened up, I can't store all these weapons/armor + quest items + currencies. Every expansion that grants a new specialization should've unlocked an extra equipment template permanently (both existing and new characters)

The usual solution: more characters

Or live with two sets.

I wouldn't recommend to carry an entire extra set.

When the templates are on sale you could buy them with gems but that's more a long term solution
(I only do that for 2 favourite characters [even when I do have more characters, laziness].)

But I like your suggestion 👍.

However, if those rather small things are so discouraging, that you can't even plan save up gold to improve it then I suggest to drop GW2. Most QoL items cost gems and thus gold and thus time which means you have to keep struggling like the poor man you pretend to be.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2

New characters come with 2 equipment templates, and cost the same amount as 2 character-specific equipment template upgrades. Character slots give you bag slots, annual birthday presents, and the opportunity to park that alt on a daily chest for free daily gold. Also, it gives you more different bodies to put fashion on.

Character slots look like the have a lot of upsides compared to equipment template expansions.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 4:33 PM, MXD.4582 said:

Any purchased bag slots used on a character are bound to that character. Bag slots that are available per character with as basic are 3 for free to play character, 5 for fully unlocked account (via purchasing a expansion I believe). Any additional Bag slots added to character's beyond this are restricted to this character and are lost when the character is deleted.

Edited by Dibit.6259
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

The day legendary gear was available across my entire account was a great day. 😂

You know that's why I never made any legendaries until the wizards vault gave out those starter packs? I saw the cost to make leggies and said there's no way I'm doing that, it's not worth it, having no idea that leggies were available across characters. Now I have three leggies.....I'm also utterly broke....probably unrelated....

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

You know that's why I never made any legendaries until the wizards vault gave out those starter packs? I saw the cost to make leggies and said there's no way I'm doing that, it's not worth it, having no idea that leggies were available across characters. Now I have three leggies.....I'm also utterly broke....probably unrelated....

I just wanted shinies and started making legendaries a few years ago (AB makes gold go brrrrrrrrrr), pre-armory. Made Nevermore and swore to nevermore make another gen2 legendary. Spoiler: Nevermore is not my only gen2. 😂Also made some gen1s. Then later (post armory update) got light raid armor and was thrilled. Then they released the prismatic regalia. I had also sworn to never make the trinkets because getting the achievements SUCKS.

Well, ok, full trinkets now (with 2x Conflux after swearing I'd never do WvW enough for that 😂). Throw in I think three gen3 weapons for good measure, with two having Jormag variants. There's no way I'll make runes. Welp, made the runes. Thanks to armory, I now had 50bazillion characters with otherwise full gear, plus the ability to make meme characters for theme nights for WvW guild, so runes would make things way more convenient, right?? Maybe I'll work on sigils next; gotta get them provisioners tokens......

And then Anet told me to git rekt by announcing relics two weeks after making all the runes, so I don't think I've made any legendaries since. 🙃

But, yeah, pre Anet pulling the rug out from under my feet and nuking all my enthusiasm for the game, I was constantly making legendary items. 🫠Making legendaries is dangerous because you can't stop at one. Skritt brain demands shinies.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I just wanted shinies and started making legendaries a few years ago (AB makes gold go brrrrrrrrrr), pre-armory. Made Nevermore and swore to nevermore make another gen2 legendary. Spoiler: Nevermore is not my only gen2. 😂Also made some gen1s. Then later (post armory update) got light raid armor and was thrilled. Then they released the prismatic regalia. I had also sworn to never make the trinkets because getting the achievements SUCKS.

Well, ok, full trinkets now (with 2x Conflux after swearing I'd never do WvW enough for that 😂). Throw in I think three gen3 weapons for good measure, with two having Jormag variants. There's no way I'll make runes. Welp, made the runes. Thanks to armory, I now had 50bazillion characters with otherwise full gear, plus the ability to make meme characters for theme nights for WvW guild, so runes would make things way more convenient, right?? Maybe I'll work on sigils next; gotta get them provisioners tokens......

And then Anet told me to git rekt by announcing relics two weeks after making all the runes, so I don't think I've made any legendaries since. 🙃

But, yeah, pre Anet pulling the rug out from under my feet and nuking all my enthusiasm for the game, I was constantly making legendary items. 🫠Making legendaries is dangerous because you can't stop at one. Skritt brain demands shinies.

That is a sad ending. :(

But I get it. When I was playing in 2022, I started at 0 legendaries (albeit with some progress, like world completion on hand) and after breaking the mental barrier with getting the Return To legendary and making Incinerator, I continued on and within 7 months or so, got the accessories, 2 more legendary weapons, a piece of WvW armor, 6 runes, and had progress toward more legendary stuff when I quit.

I can only imagine how the rug pull feels for people who have full legendaries and are now wondering if their legendaries are going to stay legendary going forward. GW2 was supposed to be the kind of game that doesn't do that stuff to people.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

That is a sad ending. :(

But I get it. When I was playing in 2022, I started at 0 legendaries (albeit with some progress, like world completion on hand) and after breaking the mental barrier with getting the Return To legendary and making Incinerator, I continued on and within 7 months or so, got the accessories, 2 more legendary weapons, a piece of WvW armor, 6 runes, and had progress toward more legendary stuff when I quit.

I can only imagine how the rug pull feels for people who have full legendaries and are now wondering if their legendaries are going to stay legendary going forward. GW2 was supposed to be the kind of game that doesn't do that stuff to people.

Yeah...

Like, I understand the compromise on the legendary relic (and maybe it's how legendary stats should have worked the entire time stat-selectable legendaries have existed, where you unlock the stats on your account first before you can use them), but it's still so crappy that it's happening in the first place. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Before relics people were talking about legendary bags.  It would be in the legendary armory, account wide, you would need to craft multiple bags if you wanted to equip more than one bag per character.  Thirty-two slots and it could be any type of bag like invisible, container, equipment, ect. 
I don't know that the introduction of relics actually killed those discussions, but I haven't seen one since.

I only bought equipment templates for fashion.  If I wanted to play a different role I usually just switched to another character.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The sad reality is that GW2 is designed with inventory bloat for you to buy more bag slot, material, bank, and equipment expansions. There is excessive "junk" in game.
Devs could easily have made the game less of a clutter fest, but that is far less profitable. It's one of the things I actually mark Anets gemstore setup down many points for. Classic "develop a problem to sell the solution" design. I let it slide because the game has no sub and the gemstore generally has no pay to win items.

With that said, easier inventory management is one of the main reasons I even went for legendries. Of course, I ever only went for legendries after the armory implementation. lol

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 8
  • Confused 4

Experienced players will find a way to cope with the limited inventory space, especially for equipment/gear. The problem imo is more the huge amount of junk items for new players. Two days ago I did a dungeon with a new player that had to constantly stop because his inventory was always full. I sent him 2 bags after the dungeon, but still, this is a bad experience for new players (and even veterans actually, when we have to constantly open bags containing bags containing more bags...). Tip: rename "trophy" as "junk", many players think that a trophy is a valuable item and keep them in the inventory.

• Like 5