Add an option to remove damage numbers on screen.

I'd like that, or an option to move them somewhere else.

I never pay attention to the numbers, unless it's consistently 0, which tells me I'm doing something wrong. In my other MMO I have it set to tell me only if my attacks aren't working, and the text appears above the chat box rather than in the middle of the screen so it doesn't block my view of other things. Although that's a mix of in-game settings and a mod.

• Like 4

I would like that. I am using arc most of the time, and it's not like this numbers gives You much insight anyway.

We have some tolggles in options to hide parts of the HUD already. They even have presets You can choose from, one of this presets is named "Immersive". I wasn't toying with it, but You might give it a try if You haven't already. Maybe the feature You want is already there. I certainly can't imagine "Immersive" HUD that shows You big floating numbers on screen. So might be worth a try. xd

I can get behind this. I literally do not read the numbers anyway. Never have, never will. The enemies health bar either goes down or it doesn't, that's all you need.

Imagine if we could get rid of all the numbers. What would happen to the DPS meta then? Are there enough crayons to console the meta-chasing players?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I can get behind this, too, despite that I will never do enough damage. The result is always the same: the numbers don't matter. They are WAY too low anyway. Unless I am doing 10 figure damage, don't show it to me. I already know my damage is way too low. Don't rub it in my face. Let me hide my shame. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH DAMAGE.

Edited by Zera.9435
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Kipe.7526 said:

I don't even play gw2 and logged in just to say how stupid this idea is. Godspeed 🫡

I logged in just to say how stupid it is to post on a forum of a game you don't even play. Godspeed. 

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Kipe.7526 said:

I don't even play gw2 and logged in just to say how stupid this idea is. Godspeed 🫡

I'm curious, random troll who may never return, why do you think it's a bad idea? The most valuable combat information anyone will typically want would come from a combat addon (ArcDPS) or logs, yes? And even if seeing these numbers pop up on the screen is somehow highly valued as well, wouldn't you be able to gather that exact same information (more detailed even) from the combat chat tab?

Enlighten me, random troll, or whoever else would like to.

Even if it is somehow "bad" or "stupid" I still want to see the option to hide those pop-up numbers in-game. (Shouldn't need an addon just for this.) Who does it hurt, other than potentially the person hiding those numbers from themself?

• Like 2

On 2/8/2024 at 11:20 PM, Jedrik.3109 said:

It is on the 1st or 2nd tab. It has been a while, but it says something like disable pop up windows. I'll look tonight when home. 

11 hours ago, Ray Koopa.2354 said:

Extras > Suppress combat floating text / Suppress all floating text

Thank you so much, guys! 👍 I will test this feature today to see whether I like the change. Never knew it existed. 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Thank you so much, guys! 👍 I will test this feature today to see whether I like the change. Never knew it existed. 😄

It does make it a little hard to see _what_ you hit which is why I don't enable that option. But in case of a single target in strikes that might be okay.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ray Koopa.2354 said:

It does make it a little hard to see _what_ you hit which is why I don't enable that option. But in case of a single target in strikes that might be okay.

Yeah, I've noticed that it also includes indicators such as "Evaded" and other vital information, so I don't think I will use it at the moment. But it is good to know that this option exists. 🙂

• Confused 3

On 2/10/2024 at 2:56 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah, I've noticed that it also includes indicators such as "Evaded" and other vital information, so I don't think I will use it at the moment. But it is good to know that this option exists. 🙂

I also heard it does not work in competitive modes (for good reason) so it's limited in usefulness anyway depending where you want to hide those numbers.

It would be nice if it only hid non-0 numbers and retain every other info.

6 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Imagine Anet deleting damage indicators at all.

Just like in Path of Exile, you will never see your actual DPS in game, because you don't need it.

Yes I can imagine that all the rage when casuals fail everything with a timer due to players doing 1-3k dps where 7k is needed.

They will blame the game is to hard nerf please.

• Confused 2