Studio Update: "The Realm of Dreams" coming February 27, and more!

• ArenaNet Staff

Our new studio update is available now! Learn about the second major update to Guild Wars 2®: Secrets of the Obscure™, "The Realm of Dreams," coming February 27. This update brings new story chapters, legendary relics, expanded weapon proficiencies, the first tier of Obsidian legendary armor, new Wizard's Vault rewards, and more.

Read on to learn more about what's coming to Guild Wars 2 on February 27 and beyond!

enUS-gw2-qr2-studio-update-roadmap-1920x1080.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I for one am excited. Some stuff I wasn't expecting in this update which I enjoy. However, can we please get a tease of something related to the Legendary Obsidian Armor Tier 2? Like what will tier 2 look like or do? Will it transform while in combat like raid armor or is it an aura?

54 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 was not obsidian armor supposed to transform? Will T2 do this instead of T1?

It is supposed to become infused with magic in battle yeah.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/secrets-of-the-obscure/

LEGENDARY ARMOR

A future release will introduce a brand-new set of legendary armor that becomes infused with magic in combat. Essential materials and components for legendary armor collection will be available beginning at launch, so you can build up resources right away!

Edited by Pifil.5193
Added link and quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ArenaNet Staff
14 minutes ago, HeroineDark.6287 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 the update has super adventure box for April 19th,  that's a Friday. Are yall changing update day or should that say March 19th? 

April 16 is the correct date. The news post had a typo--we've published a fix and a few of us MIGHT be sitting here hitting F5 every three seconds waiting for it to go live. 😄 

@Krydle.7418 and @Pifil.5193, what browsers are you using? We're not able to reproduce the issue on our end. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

April 16 is the correct date. The news post had a typo--we've published a fix and a few of us MIGHT be sitting here hitting F5 every three seconds waiting for it to go live. 😄 

Thank you so much. Long story but I was extremely nervous we weren't getting a sab date until closer to release,  but this helps me plan time off since 1st sab day is important to me. 

• Like 2

I am so excited about the Ultimate Dominator change for WvW!!

Now I can track my continued player kills to 10,000,000 because it means so much to me and my personal progress when 90% of players only want to do PPT as if WvW is a PvE type game mode.

I am honestly surprised that the Diamond Legend Rank which so many players exploited to reach in EotM has not been changed to 100,000 at least as well... @Rubi Bayer.8493 is this perhaps something you guys can look into for the future?

Thank you so much for all the hard and effort work with this update! Great job!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Krydle.7418 and @Pifil.5193, what browsers are you using? We're not able to reproduce the issue on our end. 

Chrome and Firefox on Android. 🙂

Edit: ah, it's the locale:

en on it's own works: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-realm-of-dreams-arrives-on-february-27/

en-gb doesn't work: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-realm-of-dreams-arrives-on-february-27/

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I think it might strictly be the EN-GB version of the webpage because when I remove the GB from the URL it shows the images. 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-realm-of-dreams-arrives-on-february-27/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-realm-of-dreams-arrives-on-february-27/

• Like 2

I read "WvW achievement updates & new rewards" 😍 and then read this:

World vs. World—Expanded Realm Avenger Achievements: At last! The Realm Avenger achievement, which tracks player defeats in WvW and awards the Ultimate Dominator title, has been expanded with 9 additional tiers at 250,000 increments. Each tier comes with a new variant of the Ultimate Dominator title that reflects the number of players that you’ve defeated (e.g., Ultimate Dominator II). These achievements will take already-earned progress into account.

You just update the kill achievement for the super blobbers. 😒

World vs. World—Lord Update: We’re modernizing the loadouts of castle, keep, and tower lords with the addition of a new channeled healing skill that aids objective defenders in combat, giving the lord a more active role in battle. Attackers will need to keep a close eye on the lord and break their defiance bar to minimize the support they’re able to provide. As a note, this is currently a stretch goal for the update and may need to shift out to a future update.

So we might not even get that? 😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

i am aware that a week before patch is way too late for model changes, but:
I am on my knees begging the art devs to add some cutouts and move around the trim for horns/claws/ears on charr.
The armor as is:
Medium hood completely deletes the horns and ears, yet lets em flop free on asura;
  There's plenty of leather embellishments all over the hood, to maybe add some extra trim connected to em to make the horns/ears pop pop out though, if not let em beee pretty please
The embellishments on claws on medium are great and fit the overall daggery theme wonderfully; yet they just stick out of the middle of the boot's vamp(?) completely detached from the metallic sole trim that looks neat on other races (especially asura hell yeah toe armor) but on charr the trim surrounding the vamp just highlights the non-charr foot-y boot-y shape that makes the whole shoe feel a bit more like a stretched out clownish boot, degrading the over all genuinely neat extra detail put into it.
  Honestly no clue what small-ish tweaks could be done to make it work as is, beside doing either something similar to asura with trim per each digit of the foot or just going for more sandal-y look with whole "paw" out.

On heavy the horns and ears just clip out of the helm, but the helm still looks neto- just not sure about the ears clipping in and out of the excisance, and the horns not having any sorta metallic trim on the base to make em look more intentional; heavy boots honestly look great, and the claws feel more naturally placed plus the shape overall seems more charr-y, though its a shame they are the odd one out and dont have the metallic claws; I really appreciate the ornaments on the tail- hope other weight will also get some ornaments there too with t2;
light is cool beside the boots again, cant really tell from the one picture in the blog post

31 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I read "WvW achievement updates & new rewards" 😍 and then read this:

World vs. World—Expanded Realm Avenger Achievements: At last! The Realm Avenger achievement, which tracks player defeats in WvW and awards the Ultimate Dominator title, has been expanded with 9 additional tiers at 250,000 increments. Each tier comes with a new variant of the Ultimate Dominator title that reflects the number of players that you’ve defeated (e.g., Ultimate Dominator II). These achievements will take already-earned progress into account.

You just update the kill achievement for the super blobbers. 😒

World vs. World—Lord Update: We’re modernizing the loadouts of castle, keep, and tower lords with the addition of a new channeled healing skill that aids objective defenders in combat, giving the lord a more active role in battle. Attackers will need to keep a close eye on the lord and break their defiance bar to minimize the support they’re able to provide. As a note, this is currently a stretch goal for the update and may need to shift out to a future update.

So we might not even get that? 😥

I wonder if the Realm Avenger will take into account the kills above 250,000 or if we'll have to start from 250,000. I'm already above 500,000.  Oh, look at that. I should have read more carefully - it will.

Edited by Heibi.4251