Pistol failure

Ragnarox.9601

17 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

It's a good thing that ascended gear is account bound and not soulbound.  There are 6 other profs that can use it and I hear that the new p/p guardian is good.  But what isn't good about guardians?

Looking at the guardian pistol  skills in the wiki and they are so incredibly op compared to the ele pistol 

Guardian pistols are also deeply flawed, it's just that comparing them to ele pistols is like comparing a low C to a full-on F.

14 hours ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

Shhhhh

Don't give them ideas 😱

They've already had it. I'm pretty sure they mentioned on stream that with pistol now the Dedicated Ranged Condi Weapon, they were considering rebalancing scepter to be more power-oriented.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Guardian pistols are also deeply flawed, it's just that comparing them to ele pistols is like comparing a low C to a full-on F.

They've already had it. I'm pretty sure they mentioned on stream that with pistol now the Dedicated Ranged Condi Weapon, they were considering rebalancing scepter to be more power-oriented.

wow these devs seem to be absolutely dedicated to drive players away from the game...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Ah yes, the beautiful logic of anet. A pistol that shoots physical bullets augmented by magic is condi and a scepter that basically conjures magic to attack the targed - power. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 9:35 PM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Autoattack 300 dmg in wvw?!? 2# and 3# skills garbage dmg. 

Waste of my ascended weapon chest.

scrap it and make longbow or offhand sword. I am sorry but this weapon have no synergy with anything elementalist oriented.

I must agree with OP, regardless.

I tested the pistol in wvw fully, and must agree that is useless at best.

So useless, that even got the opposition to laugh, several times.

In specific, this small group we were fighting against, kept attacking my character, knowing I had nothing.

Only got the character downed twice, but that due to off-hand dagger and Air magic skill 4 that saved it from getting caught many times.

I said in the feedback right after the beta, that this weapon is useless as is.

It offers nothing but gimmicks at the moment.

As OP said and so well "It has no synergy whatsoever" with any other weapon, or elementalists themselves.

Damage is all time crap, at best.

So yeah, A-Net. Scrap this out, and I mean, right now, or asap, and just give us Long Bow or Great Sword.

I'm hardly ever over-critic, but this is a disaster.

I vote the mh pistol THE worse weapon eles ever got.

... and I don't think that increasing damage is going to do anything either way.

The pistol just does NOT fit with elementalists. Period.

There's no evasion, no speed, no damage, nothing.

It's just a failed show of lights and glitter.

We want long bow or great sword, if you don't mind.

By the way.

The person that said won wvw duels 1v1 or 1v2.

You either picked on absolute noobs or are absolutely blatantly lying.

I'm sorry, if I don't naively believe this information. 

Sounds like a desperate move to try keep some shine on a weapon that 99.9% of people here agree is really not even decent to begin with.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I was talking to a friend about it and I stand by what I said in the beta, they should have made it a rifle.
This would have given them more skills to add AoE or ground targetted skills, they could have fleshed out the bullet mechanic to 2 generators and 2 consumers (or 3:1 with #5 being the consumer) and generally would be easier to adjust numbers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I must agree with OP, regardless.

I tested the pistol in wvw fully, and must agree that is useless at best.

So useless, that even got the opposition to laugh, several times.

In specific, this small group we were fighting against, kept attacking my character, knowing I had nothing.

Only got the character downed twice, but that due to off-hand dagger and Air magic skill 4 that saved it from getting caught many times.

I said in the feedback right after the beta, that this weapon is useless as is.

It offers nothing but gimmicks at the moment.

As OP said and so well "It has no synergy whatsoever" with any other weapon, or elementalists themselves.

Damage is all time crap, at best.

So yeah, A-Net. Scrap this out, and I mean, right now, or asap, and just give us Long Bow or Great Sword.

I'm hardly ever over-critic, but this is a disaster.

I vote the mh pistol THE worse weapon eles ever got.

... and I don't think that increasing damage is going to do anything either way.

The pistol just does NOT fit with elementalists. Period.

There's no evasion, no speed, no damage, nothing.

It's just a failed show of lights and glitter.

We want long bow or great sword, if you don't mind.

By the way.

The person that said won wvw duels 1v1 or 1v2.

You either picked on absolute noobs or are absolutely blatantly lying.

I'm sorry, if I don't naively believe this information. 

Sounds like a desperate move to try keep some shine on a weapon that 99.9% of people here agree is really not even decent to begin with.

When you on Europe sever we can duel @ bastion or @ mist arena

Thank you

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

When you on Europe sever we can duel @ bastion or @ mist arena

Thank you

You got a big mouth.

Don't start something you're gonna regret, just to try prove pistol is even decent.

Oh. And play fair.

If you catch my drift.

Enough said.

Oh, and next time. Pm.

Don't spam the forums with dares.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tried pistol on core in beta, was very, very disappointed

Tried pistol yesterday on my viper tempest, switched back to sword&warhorn after 5 minutes.

We really do not need another clunky mechanic - we have way too many to deal with already. And we really did not need another tickle weapon that is slow, can be blocked by all and everyone and does no dmg and has no range.

So what to do to save pistol - a weapon noone wanted and noone asked for (I would love to know how they came up with THAT idea)?

Drop the idiotic bullet mechanic.

Triple or quadruple dmg output.

Make it faster.

Make at least some of the attacks unblockable.

In its current state it is just idiotic to use it in pve - and you are a liability for your mates if you use it in wvw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

a weapon noone wanted and noone asked for

I wanted pistol (or rifle) but the execution is just kitten poor its just way too clunky to use and doesnt do enough damage to excuse yet another mechanic on top all of what elementalists already have.

Also if we would go what people ask then we would have 9 professions with greatswords and or bow weapons and nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

So what to do to save pistol - a weapon noone wanted and noone asked for (I would love to know how they came up with THAT idea)?

Quite a few of us did want pistol, though it seems for the vocal amongst the community we did not want the version we got.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Also if we would go what people ask then we would have 9 professions with greatswords and or bow weapons and nothing else.

so? some people go for dps, some go for feel/aesthetics... stop trying to FORCE diversity... everyone knows at this point it's not gonna work well at the end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

so? some people go for dps, some go for feel/aesthetics... stop trying to FORCE diversity... everyone knows at this point it's not gonna work well at the end!

Ok buddy. Next elementalist weapon will be melee dual wielding long bow/shortbow combo with mainhand support skills and offhand having two teleports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Ok buddy. Next elementalist weapon will be melee dual wielding long bow/shortbow combo with mainhand support skills and offhand having two teleports.

i mean... i know you tried really hard to sound smart there... but even though you failed miserably, what you actually described would be better than this kitten pistol...

Edited by RazieL.5684
typo
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2024 at 6:17 PM, fuzzyp.6295 said:

This happens with every new Ele weapon. Warhorn was useless, Sword was clunky, Hammer was a jumbled mess. Eles on this form are all expecting to be pulling in top dps with a day of the weapon being introduced and when they can't it's garbage. It's a complicated weapon with an awkward mechanic, we need to give ourselves time to adjust.

This is not meant to invalidate any criticism of the weapon. Just give it some time to get into the swing of things.

Warhorn actually came out good considering it was rushed when they scrapped sword imo, Sword was 3 years in the making and it took them a lot of buffs for sword and nerfing staff to the ground to make Weaver with Sword better, I wont go into Hammer as I don't play Hammer,  Pistol is just dull and incredibly boring, I think a lot of people are either bored of using old weapons or was hoping Anet might actually make decent changes to Pistol.  Also it's worth noting that i think a large majority of people want Ele to get a long ranged weapon, whether that be Longbow or Rifle, (I'd prefer Longbow) Pistol was always on the negative side from the start, the way Pistol is used on Ele doesn't help either

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

In addition to everything said here, the healing ability in water attunement is terrible. Not only do you have to first press 3 to generate an ice bullet then press 2, but the heal is less than 1/3'rd of dagger 2.

Edit: also NONE of the attacks have muzzle flashes

Edited by sumpwa.1849
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Anet is a joke. Another trash weapon for Ele. 

To make you understand what kind of studio they are: everyone said to fix the bullet UI as they were not visible. 

I would have expected a bullet symbol over Each 4 attunements on the left similar to the dots mesmer has for blades to indicate that the attunement had a bullet...

...but no... 

THEY GAVE US BUFFS ICONS LOOOOOL. 

with the hundred of icons we have already on the right side of the bar they out the bullets there 🤣🤣🤣 gg Anet that's high quality work. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

I wanted pistol (or rifle) but the execution is just kitten poor its just way too clunky to use and doesnt do enough damage to excuse yet another mechanic on top all of what elementalists already have.

I wanted rifle, but in the context of taking inspiration from elemental gun bundles and making something that substantially changes behaviour based on attunement - such as fire being a close-range flamethrower and air being a long range pick-off-a-single-target weapon. A concept that could also have been applied to pistol. Not a weapon where, with a couple of exceptions like the ice road, the skills basically feel the same apart from the numbers that appear over the target.

1 minute ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Anet is a joke. Another trash weapon for Ele. 

To make you understand what kind of studio they are: everyone said to fix the bullet UI as they were not visible. 

I would have expected a bullet symbol over Each 4 attunements on the left similar to the dots mesmer has for blades to indicate that the attunement had a bullet...

...but no... 

THEY GAVE US BUFFS ICONS LOOOOOL. 

with the hundred of icons we have already on the right side of the bar they out the bullets there 🤣🤣🤣 gg Anet that's high quality work. 

Yeah, that totally works great when the hero banner icons are already pushing your combat buff icons under the minimap!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have not played with the weapon in WvW or PvP, so the weapon might actually be bad there in those modes which I am ok with tbh. Not every weapon is made for every mode. For PvE though, I have been having fun with it. I don't think it is trash tier there. And if benches are true, it can do about 44k dps which makes me happy. Not every weapon is made for competitive modes though.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

a Dedicated Condi Gimmick that only pve tempest uses well, weaver is indifferent to and a Condi Weapon to core/catalyst due to the power coeffs being pathetic. better use all the right traits and play it correctly... which means having to go in melee range so overloads and burning rage procs actually connect

unless theyre planning buff scepter autoattacks to stupid levels, rebalancing scepter to power will likely fall flat in the same way. theyd honestly have better luck balancing staff instead

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I lost myself after 8 sec of rotation; AA are useless and I have bullet icons/buffs everywhere I don't remember what I'm supposed to do.

It's obviously "L2P" issue, but... why this level of complexity, again ?

try to always use the #2 #3 skills in pairs. youll have to put up with seeing #2 off cd sometimes but its easier to manage, what most bench rotations are doing, and plays like what they advertised saying “choose between offense/defense” (by deciding which skill you press first in the pairing)

the main idea is to always enter the same attunement - say fire, in the exact same way, so you dont need to remember if you have a fire bullet or not (it should always be the same)

weaver can pair skill #2 with the dual skill. just note dual skills will delete the bullet of the last attunement if it exists (in some ways this is actually handy). when reattuning to the same element (e.g. fire/earth to fire/fire), you can use the normal #2 #3 pairing before switching to the next attunement

17 minutes ago, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

try to always use the #2 #3 skills in pairs. youll have to put up with seeing #2 off cd sometimes but its easier to manage, what most bench rotations are doing, and plays like what they advertised saying “choose between offense/defense” (by deciding which skill you press first in the pairing)

the main idea is to always enter the same attunement - say fire, in the exact same way, so you dont need to remember if you have a fire bullet or not (it should always be the same)

weaver can pair skill #2 with the dual skill. just note dual skills will delete the bullet of the last attunement if it exists (in some ways this is actually handy). when reattuning to the same element (e.g. fire/earth to fire/fire), you can use the normal #2 #3 pairing before switching to the next attunement

Yeah but it kills the "on demand" effects. You need previous skill with effect you don't really need on purpose for an other effect on a skill with same issue, and so if you have other need or you struggle with CD, with rotation, + icons not really readables, it's a kitten mess. On weaver it's insane, I have bullets stocked because of attunement swap, and forget about it, and boom, mess rotation when I come back on the dedicated attunement.

May be on golem when you can just stay focus on the the bottom of the screen, it works, otherwise it's clunky.
I know it's a matter of habits, or previous habits with others sets of weapons, but it's hard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Yeah but it kills the "on demand" effects. You need previous skill with effect you don't really need on purpose for an other effect on a skill with same issue, and so if you have other need or you struggle with CD, with rotation, + icons not really readables, it's a kitten mess. On weaver it's insane, I have bullets stocked because of attunement swap, and forget about it, and boom, mess rotation when I come back on the dedicated attunement.

May be on golem when you can just stay focus on the the bottom of the screen, it works, otherwise it's clunky.
I know it's a matter of habits, or previous habits with others sets of weapons, but it's hard.

you can technically precast bullets so the 1st skill will be enhanced and the 2nd will prime the bullet for the next skill pairing

but i have to agree that its easy to lose track of things and that it forces a needless amount of skill ordering, particularly for ele who already has to deal with its own pre-existing complexities

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605