Pistol failure

Ragnarox.9601

the 2k dps with auto attacking is amazing, thank you anet. skills are very clumsy. after an hour on the new nayos map my artisan counter counted like 9 pistol kills while I had much more from several events. scepter does like twice the damage for me I dont know what pistols role is supposed to be

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Faebe.7341 said:

the 2k dps with auto attacking is amazing, thank you anet. skills are very clumsy. after an hour on the new nayos map my artisan counter counted like 9 pistol kills while I had much more from several events. scepter does like twice the damage for me I dont know what pistols role is supposed to be

More than I had guardian pistol kills. I think that counter only considers actual killing blows so... good luck incrementing it with a condi weapon, especially in group events.

It's a good thing that ascended gear is account bound and not soulbound.  There are 6 other profs that can use it and I hear that the new p/p guardian is good.  But what isn't good about guardians?

Looking at the guardian pistol  skills in the wiki and they are so incredibly op compared to the ele pistol 

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Faebe.7341 said:

They will nerf Scepter until Pistol is better

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Autoattack 300 dmg in wvw?!? 2# and 3# skills garbage dmg. 

Waste of my ascended weapon chest.

scrap it and make longbow or offhand sword. I am sorry but this weapon have no synergy with anything elementalist oriented.

Whilst I agree the new pistol is extremely poor the concept of an ele gun slinger it's one that I find very pleasing, certainly more than an elemental archer

• Confused 4

It feels a bit slow i think that has to do with after cast but over all its an good hybrid utility wepon i do not think it can out dmg scepter (but scepter is an pure dps wepon). I think it should be more looked at as an ranged dagger not another specter. Now we do need an ture 2h ranged dps wepon hammer dose not cut it or at least hammer needs to be on the lines of 900 ranges like pistol.

Pistol seems realty good for pvp environment it has oddly more aura generation then dagger main hand but its mostly an single target wepon. In pve being single target makes the wepon worthless for any thing in the game.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

but over all its an good hybrid utility wepon i do not think it can out dmg scepter (but scepter is an pure dps wepon). I think it should be more looked at as an ranged dagger not another specter.

And this is exactly THE problem.

Elementalist has plenty of utilities, scepter has also good utilities AND good damage, but pistol has nothing of both of them. 

Dagger is a completely failed weapon design nowadays and needs complete rework, especially when comparing with other classes.

So by you comparing it to a "ranged" dagger, you basically say (and this is true, by the way), that pistol is also a completely outdated and useless weapon no one asked for like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I'm surprised players are reporting P/P failure so soon after release... 

This happens with every new Ele weapon. Warhorn was useless, Sword was clunky, Hammer was a jumbled mess. Eles on this form are all expecting to be pulling in top dps with a day of the weapon being introduced and when they can't it's garbage. It's a complicated weapon with an awkward mechanic, we need to give ourselves time to adjust.

This is not meant to invalidate any criticism of the weapon. Just give it some time to get into the swing of things.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, RazieL.5684 said:

pistol is absolute garbage and this is without even mentioning that using earth shield removes all bullets you have saved up....

Wow, that is bull. Especially cause hammer orbs doesn't get removed that way. So it's not a "design" effect

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

This happens with every new Ele weapon. Warhorn was useless, Sword was clunky, Hammer was a jumbled mess. Eles on this form are all expecting to be pulling in top dps with a day of the weapon being introduced and when they can't it's garbage. It's a complicated weapon with an awkward mechanic, we need to give ourselves time to adjust.

This is not meant to invalidate any criticism of the weapon. Just give it some time to get into the swing of things.

I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet, but it definitely looks like it has potential for weaver at least.  And you're not wrong.  A lot of people thought sword was bad, but in my opinion it's a great weapon.

• Confused 2

pistol is NOT a bad weapon! ( WvW view )

its a boring weapon with boring animation and boring mechanic but it is a STRONG weapon.

As a solo / small scale Roamer ( dueller ) this weapon is great for "standard" catalyst players. I Won EVERY 1 on 1 and some 1 vs 2.

It is a little bit better than scepter in everything. ( shorter cooldowns, more damage, much more burning, area frost aura ) It has the same perma might, aura stacking and poison on skill 3 + you get a free interrupt in skill 2 + vulnerability + interrupt in skill 3  + much more bleeding ( like 20 stacks + )

but.. it is a very boring  weapon ! And you should remove that boring bullet mechanic, it is useless, just remove it and make the skills a little bit stronger ...and make air skill 3 a "normal 600er range leap" instead of this confusing and random interrupting skill ... 😕

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Please make it an offhand. All it would lose is the auto-attack which is the most boring part of the weapon anyway. Then I could use it alongside sword or dagger and it would be so useful as a support weapon to a melee weapon.

Honestly, it would probably be less effort to just move it to off-hand and cut the autos and Weaver duals than to try and make it work as a main-hand that's stuck in some endless tuning loop trying to validate it's existence against scepter while not rendering scepter obsolete. It just seems like such a monstrous, Sisyphean balance pain-in-the-kitten to double down on for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

pistol is NOT a bad weapon! ( WvW view )

its a boring weapon with boring animation and boring mechanic but it is a STRONG weapon.

As a solo / small scale Roamer ( dueller ) this weapon is great for "standard" catalyst players. I Won EVERY 1 on 1 and some 1 vs 2.

It is a little bit better than scepter in everything. ( shorter cooldowns, more damage, much more burning, area frost aura ) It has the same perma might, aura stacking and poison on skill 3 + you get a free interrupt in skill 2 + vulnerability + interrupt in skill 3  + much more bleeding ( like 20 stacks + )

but.. it is a very boring  weapon ! And you should remove that boring bullet mechanic, it is useless, just remove it and make the skills a little bit stronger ...and make air skill 3 a "normal 600er range leap" instead of this confusing and random interrupting skill ... 😕

I kind of feel like all the new weapons are a bit boring to play? I'm getting tired of Anet always taking the "different for the sake of being different" approach to weapons and elite specs. It's like a hip restaurant that started out being innovative with quirky twists on classic recipes but now they just do weird stuff like serving spaghetti out of a light bulb. It's definitely different, but it isn't clear who asked for it or if anyone really likes it. Lol. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DaKillaOfHell.5907 said:

And this is exactly THE problem.

Elementalist has plenty of utilities, scepter has also good utilities AND good damage, but pistol has nothing of both of them. 

Dagger is a completely failed weapon design nowadays and needs complete rework, especially when comparing with other classes.

So by you comparing it to a "ranged" dagger, you basically say (and this is true, by the way), that pistol is also a completely outdated and useless weapon no one asked for like that.

That would make only 2 viable weapons for the ele class sword and scepter at that point. That maybe missing the point of the non all in dmg builds out there.