Remove the special success for the new legendary armor from Wizard's Vault.

It's completely insane to force people to do 3 success for the new legendary armor into the Wizard's Vault, or at least 2 of them. Create one piece of the legendary armor took a lot of time and ressources that people like me, who already have legendaries armors or maybe who just don't want to do your new legary armor, that we could put somewhere else. Such a lost of time and especially such of lost of points for the Vault, we lost 800 points if we don't do those success... ☠️  

And BTW  it would be so great to add an arrow to choose the right amount of point we want to spend in the vault, and not 5 by 5 or 1 by 1. 

Edited by Khaos.6479
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 34
  • Sad 2

• Khaos.6479 changed the title to Remove the special success for the new legendary armor from Wizard's Vault.

Not crafting leggy armor for vault is a loss of like 14 gold if you play often enough to buy everything of importance from vault. You'd save money by not doing it and get a tiny rebate if you were gonna make it anyways. Also; coffers were nerfed to 10 silver so that's less things to buy.

It's not of much concern to me, but that doesn't mean I don't agree it's a lame choice for objectives.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Legendary crafting as a Vault objective is indeed a lame choice. Many of us already have full sets of legendary armor.

It would be interesting if they offered a sort of side-grade option for legendary armor to unlock the skins and satisfy the Vault objective. Similar to the way gen 3 legendary weapons can unlock additional skins for a fraction of what the original Aurene weapon cost to make.

• Like 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

Wow. So you are complaining that people who spend hundreds of gold worth of resources on crafting a legendary obsidian piece of armour will get 15-20 gold back from WV?

And you will miss out on the 15-20 gold because you don’t want to spend the hundreds? 

This make no sense.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Wow. So you are complaining that people who spend hundreds of gold worth of resources on crafting a legendary obsidian piece of armour will get 15-20 gold back from WV?

And you will miss out on the 15-20 gold because you don’t want to spend the hundreds? 

This make no sense.

I think it just underscores the point that besides armor there's nothing much to that patch after all.

• Like 6
  • Confused 14

Without change claiming anyone's "forced" into something just because a special task exists is ridiculous. You can buy out the store without finishing a single special objective. Get some perspective, actual numbers and basic logic before crying wolf.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I think it just underscores the point that besides armor there's nothing much to that patch after all.

That might well be.

But OPs specific complaint is unrelated and is just weird logic. WV isn't even achievement points, there's nothing at all to show for completing a special WV goal other than the AA which translates to 15-20 gold worth for doing something that costs 100s. It's a small reward for those who do want to start building obsidian armor, if you don't want to then move on and be thankful you saved the hundreds of gold rather than complaining on the forums that you don't want to spend 100s to gain 10s.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 13

Just thought I'd remind you guys that the requirement for this special wizard's vault thing is ONLY ONE PIECE. You are NOT being forced to make an entire set. Making ONE piece is very reasonable to do in 76 days.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Not crafting leggy armor for vault is a loss of like 14 gold if you play often enough to buy everything of importance from vault. You'd save money by not doing it and get a tiny rebate if you were gonna make it anyways. Also; coffers were nerfed to 10 silver so that's less things to buy.

It's not of much concern to me, but that doesn't mean I don't agree it's a lame choice for objectives.

54 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

This make no sense.

Thank you both. Even though I already have all three weights of leggy armor, I was vaguely wondering if I wanted to build one piece of obsidian armor just for the AA. My wondering never got to the point of doing the math involved but you two made it pretty clear that it would be silly for me to do that just for the AA from those three specials.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Without change claiming anyone's "forced" into something just because a special task exists is ridiculous. You can buy out the store without finishing a single special objective. Get some perspective, actual numbers and basic logic before crying wolf.

It's like the people who were upset over that one CM being in the Special category not too long ago decrying that they're "forced" to do it. 🙃People are weird.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On top of all the points already raised it's very likely they'll add more special activities over time, that's happened with both of the previous seasons. So the AA from making a legendary armour piece will be an even smaller part of the total than it is now.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

It's like the people who were upset over that one CM being in the Special category not too long ago decrying that they're "forced" to do it. 🙃People are weird.

Right? I didn't do that one, and I don't care. I still got all I wanted from the vault. I don't get why people think it's the end of the world if they don't complete every little kittening thing in a game.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Right? I didn't do that one, and I don't care. I still got all I wanted from the vault. I don't get why people think it's the end of the world if they don't complete every little kittening thing in a game.

It was the 8g worth of aa that it rewarded that made it feel force apparently.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 2

This again?  For the love of Joko, it's an optional task.  You are not losing anything by ignoring it and doing the others over the course of the season.  People aren't being forced to do anything just because it's listed as an option in the WV?!

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Just thought I'd remind you guys that the requirement for this special wizard's vault thing is ONLY ONE PIECE. You are NOT being forced to make an entire set. Making ONE piece is very reasonable to do in 76 days.

Yes but what exaclty do you want me to do with ONE PIECE of an armor that, I personnally find it ugly? I don't want to do the full set AND it will use ressources that MAYBE I want to put somewhere else, like to do legendary weapons ! Everyone is not playing 10 hours a day. Seriously... It shouldn't be in the special success of WV. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 15

12 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

Yes but what exaclty do you want me to do with ONE PIECE of an armor that, I personnally find it ugly? I don't want to do the full set AND it will use ressources that MAYBE I want to put somewhere else, like to do legendary weapons ! Everyone is not playing 10 hours a day. Seriously... It shouldn't be in the special success of WV. 

You don't have to play 10 hours a day. Just don't do it, then. It's not like it's the only way to get astral acclaim.

• Like 14
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

So don't do it, what's the issue here exactly?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Khaos.6479 said:

In what universe are you required to complete the Special category? You're missing out on a whole whopping 14(?) gold in the course of 3 months by not doing this WV special. 

Seriously, if this special isn't for you, it isn't for you. You'll clear out the shop fast enough just off of dailies and weeklies. Don't worry about it. 

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

This make no sense.

It's the same type of person who I open my full instance home up to with the comment "No tips necessary but appreciated" and 80% of the time I get no tips, 10% I get tips, and 10% I get 1c and a "HA HA".  That's why I stopped doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khaos.6479 said:

As others have said, don't do it. 

Or if you are bound and determined to do it, put the armor on and transmute it, for free no less.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

The special objectives are completely optional. You don't have to do them. I have the raid armor already so won't be crafting the new one, probably. But I am fine with that.

Same Argument as with the Dagda CM special mission a while back. You don't have to do it. It's just an optional incentive to venture into stuff you might ignored.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Ooohhh noooo, last week it was the complaint about CM strikes in the WV special.  This week is about obsidian armor.   For quarterly, optional tasks.  And I didn't even do the WvW defense daily 👀

You monster! Get back there and do your defenses...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1