Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

Less then half a year starts the next addon. So it's time to speculate about the new weapons we will get.

Today, i found something about the possible Focus on reddit, that inspired me to go further.

Making Focus a Summoner weapon. With skill 4 you  open a rift and invoke a pet depending on your curent legend, making it a flipskill with a petbased spell (a bit like the elementalist elite pets)

Skill 5 can be a buffing roar, damaging aura, destructive singletarget spell, etc (depending on curent summon). around the pet (or around you, if no summon was invoked).

Your pet will always hit your target, so no petcontrol needed.

What do you think we will get?

Edited by Tobias.4975

If it's going to be Focus and Summoning, it'd rather it be an extension of Legends.

The two "summons" would be drawing out an extension of the currently invoked Legend and summoning an offensive or supportive minion/reflection of the Legend. So the kit would be: 

Skill 4: Skill relating to the invoked Legend

Skill 5: A summoned spirit/minion/echo which attacks or supports depending on the invoked Legend.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2

Why would we need new weapons?

The main appeal of SotO as a main Rev player was Weapon Mastery granting free access to previous spec weapons, and the start of the show has been the short bow so far. Half of our arsenal has no use, why do you want new gimmicks to pile in the trash can?

There's not a single role for a Rev build which isn't already covered, and new weapons means just stolen animations from other classes and time wasted in delivering nothing of interest (ex.: scepter).

I would rather prefer from ANet to focus in new features as homing or gestore skins; I already have all the useless weapons I need in all professions. Also: nerf Vindicator!

To the "confused" folks: this is not a posture, I'm talking sriously; they released a new expansion with no new specs (it's ok, the field already feels overcrowded and a lot of specs are already underused), no new mounts (it's fine, we already have a ton and Skyscale overall obscures most of them, pun intended), no new crafting or fishing or homing...  So the main novelties were spec weapons shared (which was great), a couple of new maps and the promise of new weapons and legendary armors.

But none of the latest were available at release, and after 6 months more, what we got is that more than half of the new weapons are garbage (as expected), and most of the roles are alerady filled, so why we would want new weapons?  What weapons we need? A dps weapon? We already have those so if they suck why not fix them? A support weapon? The same. Why to waste time re-making something we already have (or had in the past)?  What ANet should do instead is something productive, of some use. Maybe even fun? I'm not in a hurry (73 h and counting in Last Epoch, still chosing main in Tekken 8), they can spent as much time as the want...   But spending another year making another round of  lame weapons would be just a waste...

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Id rather see them adding runes like rune of the vindicator instead of bringing new especs without fitting runes again

Runes are abandoned content.

They used to have personality albeit 90% of them weren't used in the past; now the "personality" relies in the relics, and runes are nothing but a stat points buff, and only 3 are used (Dragonhunter, Trapper and Monk; maybe Surge if you want mobility).  No reason to develop new runes when you have 95 runes wasted...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just a speculation, seeing as how they have switched focus from releasing Elite Specs to providing new weapons that were otherwise inaccessible.

My guess would be A-net would keep handing out new weapons to every class in future expansions until every class has access to every weapon in-game.

This would be the new feature that they would most likely be working towards that would replace 'Elite Specs'.

By the time every class has acquired every weapon in-game, way into the future, they would have already planned and most likely began testing the next big feature to introduce to the game going ahead.

I'm not saying this would be the route that A-net will take, after all it's all just speculation, but it would be the "Lazy-Man's" approach to buy time.

I personally wouldn't mind A-net implementing new features alongside releasing new weapons. It really depends on how much work A-net is able to get done and implement in-game.

In regards to the next weapon for revenant, I personally want any 1200 range weapon with a fast and spammy auto attack animation for WvW.

Hammer is 🤮 for me personally.

Edited by Royal Grand Majesty.9852
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

that's kalla
literally just play kalla if you wanna be the gw2 version of rit, i don't understand why the entirety of the rev playerbase seems to hate it

Because she's clunky and expensive to use, so between bad flow and worse inbuilt mechanics, she's not as desirable as solid choices like Glint or Core.

Also Condi Renegade still uses Kalla for Raids-strikes-fractals so she's not-not used.

Thankfully, we'll be getting a Kalla revamp next week which could see her usage rate go up if it solves her current issues. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

that's kalla
literally just play kalla if you wanna be the gw2 version of rit, i don't understand why the entirety of the rev playerbase seems to hate it

Because the ritualist playerbase wants ritualist, and they're unwilling to recognise that revenant can never be ritualist.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Because the ritualist playerbase wants ritualist, and they're unwilling to recognise that revenant can never be ritualist.

Really didn't help that Vindicator's Icon is so explicitly a literal Eye-con, something which in GW context was strongly related to Ritualist. If I had no better things to do, I would have started a petition to change Vindicator's Icon. Gosh that icon was such a bait. 

1 minute ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Really didn't help that Vindicator's Icon is so explicitly a literal Eye-con, something which in GW context was strongly related to Ritualist. If I had no better things to do, I would have started a petition to change Vindicator's Icon. Gosh that icon was such a bait. 

It actually makes a certain amount of sense: St Viktor was probably a W/Rt, and the rest of the symbol is reminiscent of Jade Sea wildlife. But yeah, the last two elite specs felt that, to some extent, they were trying to placate the ritualist crowd.

It'll never happen, though, since the core of revenant is a secular dervish, and the general design of being heavily defined by legend choice is pretty much the opposite of how customisable the GW1 rit was.

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It actually makes a certain amount of sense: St Viktor was probably a W/Rt, and the rest of the symbol is reminiscent of Jade Sea wildlife. But yeah, the last two elite specs felt that, to some extent, they were trying to placate the ritualist crowd.

It'll never happen, though, since the core of revenant is a secular dervish, and the general design of being heavily defined by legend choice is pretty much the opposite of how customisable the GW1 rit was.

Problem was Kalla's "summons" were realistically just very bad Wells that could be interrupted, something the update next week aims to fix but not in the way which supports the "Summoner" feel but more of a "Wellmancer" 

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Problem was Kalla's "summons" were realistically just very bad Wells that could be interrupted, something the update next week aims to fix but not in the way which supports the "Summoner" feel but more of a "Wellmancer" 

Unless we all misinterpreted what they meant with "no longer targetable".

updating/reworking kalla stance is a good step but still the traits/F-skills needs to be looked in. And kalla skills/ F-skills energy costs overall lowered

• Confused 1

My hopes are for Dagger MH and OH.  We have everything covered except a fast attacking assassination playstyle.  I would hope Daggers could be played as condi. 

What i would like to see is:

Main Hand

• Auto Attack applies Bleeding and torment damage, to synergize with Kalla and Demon stances.  Each attack grants more stacks.
  • Skill that consumes Bleeds and Converts them to torment. Using this skill increases condition damage based on how many stacks were converted.  
    • Conversion condis gain a new duration.  Example: 1 second bleed would become a new 10second Torment.
  • Ranged Dagger ability via mist portal. 
    • Applies Bleeds each time a dagger hits. 
    • Single Target, but pierces targets 
  • Stealth Ambush skill
  • Ambush should be high stack of Bleeding and Burning and/or Confusion to feel "bursty"

Offhand

• Would need to have synergy with Mace and be comparable to Axe, so i think it best to have a CC and a gap closer, but also provide stealth to give that assassin feel.
  • CC I think Fear would be the best avenue.  It is the CC that has the least amount of abilities.  I think it fits with Mallyx theme. 
    • Low Damage, maybe small boon strip?
  • Gap Closer - Ability that dashes, unstealthed, and drops a Smoke Field at the end of the dash - this would make it combo with itself to provide the stealth, but being interrupted in the dash part would stop the Smoke Field, thus stopping the stealth -- BALANCED!

The synergy with Shortbow would be great.  Stack up a lot of bleeds with Shortbow, swap to dagger/mallyx and convert them to Torment.  Swap back to Kalla and Shortbow, bleed away, swap... great rotation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

One of kalla's biggest problems is the floor, how many times we couldn't land on the ground. And unlike wells, which can be placed anywhere, we were also limited.

I wish they would fix that 

Edited by arazoth.7290

On 3/13/2024 at 6:30 AM, Tobias.4975 said:

Making Focus a Summoner weapon. With skill 4 you  open a rift and invoke a pet depending on your curent legend, making it a flipskill with a petbased spell (a bit like the elementalist elite pets)

Skill 5 can be a buffing roar, damaging aura, destructive singletarget spell, etc (depending on curent summon). around the pet (or around you, if no summon was invoked).

Your pet will always hit your target, so no petcontrol needed.

It took anet 6 years to fix the mistake that was summons on Revenant. I think we can safely assume they won't make that mistake again. Also, the moment it would be created, anet would need to nerf it to hell and back in competitive modes so it will never be meta. I'd rather have a useable weapon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Even if we didn't consider what happened to turrets to be an indication of ArenaNet not having figured out a way to make turret-like summons fit into GW2 at all, rev is still designed to regularly switch back to a core legend, 3/4 of which are melee-oriented and the remainder is pure support.

Renegade is/was the closest to ritualist rev was ever going to get. You'd have a better chance getting rit as a necromancer elite spec.

• Like 1