Mesmer Changes

Divity.3049

Who the hell designed the changes for mesmer? Gaining mirage cloak on shatter? So when you just lost all your clones? Sympathetic Visage not working for allies anymore  making a rarely used trait even less used? Temporal Enchanter becoming even more useless by removing the time extension of glamour skills? And more...

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Divity.3049 said:

Who the hell designed the changes for mesmer? Gaining mirage cloak on shatter? So when you just lost all your clones? Sympathetic Visage not working for allies anymore  making a rarely used trait even less used? Temporal Enchanter becoming even more useless by removing the time extension of glamour skills? And more...

The same dev that nerfed a dodge off mirage for 3 years. They don't like mesmers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Divity.3049 said:

Who the hell designed the changes for mesmer? Gaining mirage cloak on shatter? So when you just lost all your clones? 

Gaining Mirage Cloak on shatter would *technically* work for power builds but...Mirage still doesn't have much in the way of supporting power damage as with Infinite Horizons, clones still use their separate miniscule stats for power damage on Ambushes (while condi ambushes do weaker but actual condis, clones should inherit power damage stats from mirage for ambushes, maybe with 50% nerf) and Nomad's Endurance only giving condition damage.

• Like 3

Sand through glass has a different animation stripping the unique skill animation. It's also 30 seconds cooldown, compared to exactly the same skill on will bender, rolling light (that has another dash added to it btw) for 25s....

Man we lost the cool mirage animation now we lost the cool back-flop as well.... do better arena net

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Dune Cloak rework was a change specifically aimed at creating a power Mirage playstyle, they didn’t hide any bits about it in the same article. Losing Clones isn’t a big issue on a power build anyway since they do 0 damage to begin with. For condi builds you always want to take Infinite Horizon instead, so this is a healthy change for the diversity of the Granmaster traits. Now if they could do something about Elusive Mind as well, that’d be perfect. 

Most of the nerfs are for WvW side, while PvE side gained mostly buffs. The change to Sympathetic Visage is unfortunate indeed, it should do something more to compete with 2 other very powerful traits in its group. Other than that, PvE Chrono heal gained more Stab share, PvE power Mirage got buffed, and Virt’s Infinite Forge got buffed even though that won’t be enough. 

• Like 8

Dune cloak is definitely the most interesting change of the patch. It potentially opens up a new playstyle. 1 second of mirage cloak feels pretty strong. If power mirage becomes viable in PvE, it would be a really fun build to play.

• Like 2

Dune cloak can work on heal Mirage pretty good, ambush on the clones is pathetic so getting yourself to ambush as much as possible ain't bad.

But that requires someone to actually care about the spec to work on it in the first place.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

I'm just happy they didn't take the second dodge away again. I hope whoever came up with that is no longer in a position to touch balance! It's the little things lads!

He's been in charge of balance since 2022....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

Dune cloak can work on heal Mirage pretty good, ambush on the clones is pathetic so getting yourself to ambush as much as possible ain't bad.

But that requires someone to actually care about the spec to work on it in the first place.

It could if the ambush wasn't so clunky to execute. If you spam  the attack it cancels itself. Unsure if this is intended behaviour.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

If they decoupled Alacrity from clones and therefore Infinite Horizons, it would be even better for heal Mirage. Then we might be able to generate enough alacrity in a single staff to comfortably allow for a secondary weapon like rifle.

1 hour ago, Micah.3789 said:

If they decoupled Alacrity from clones and therefore Infinite Horizons, it would be even better for heal Mirage. Then we might be able to generate enough alacrity in a single staff to comfortably allow for a secondary weapon like rifle.

Or, hear me out, bake mirrored axes into mirage mantle, remove the cripple from axe and alacrity from staff ambush.

Opens a new trait, alacrity on ambushes. Problem solved.

That and rifle's ambush needs some work.

Edited by Geronmy.3298
  • Like 1

I'll just post it here (PVE), I played power mirage in convergence with gs and sword/focus(didn't have another sword)  and it was so much fun i was almost on perma evasion and boss attacks didn't even get me downed besides one time, didn't have this much fun in long time,  now arcdps isn't working but i hope power mirage is actually worth it in instanced content. god knows how painful it is for me to play axe mirage, but i don't know what relic could be good on p mirage maybe fireworks ?  

11 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

Or, hear me out, bake mirrored axes into mirage mantle, remove the cripple from axe and alacrity from staff ambush.

Opens a new trait, alacrity on ambushes. Problem solved.

That and rifle's ambush needs some work.

Pretty much what I've been saying for years. Alacmirage should be on a trait which competes with an important damage trait but available to all weapons, not locked to staff.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lugh.8470 said:

I'll just post it here (PVE), I played power mirage in convergence with gs and sword/focus(didn't have another sword)  and it was so much fun i was almost on perma evasion and boss attacks didn't even get me downed besides one time, didn't have this much fun in long time,  now arcdps isn't working but i hope power mirage is actually worth it in instanced content. god knows how painful it is for me to play axe mirage, but i don't know what relic could be good on p mirage maybe fireworks ?  

Unfortunately it seems to be benching at around 30k.

I say unfortunately but if they are serious about Power Mirage that means it should get some more buffs in the next patch which is great because as you said it is already a very fun build.

30 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Unfortunately it seems to be benching at around 30k.

I say unfortunately but if they are serious about Power Mirage that means it should get some more buffs in the next patch which is great because as you said it is already a very fun build.

I hope they are, because it was so much fun leap attacking with sword mainhand (same goes for gs and dagger as well ). The constant evasion was just too much fun, it really made game feel fresh after perma virtuoso/chrono repeat. Its just ambush attack and evading boss attack at the same time feels so SO satisfying, I don't know if there is any spec feels like this, 

18 hours ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

Oh that's scary. Well that does explain alot...I mean ALOT. This company must really be struggling. 

I mean if all you got to go on his hate from this forum and conjecture then you would lose that bet, but if the last annual was anything to go by then no.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:57 AM, Divity.3049 said:

so much for being able to strip boons anymore. every patch I see nerfs or removal of boon strips I get confused and cry. can anyone at anet please make infinite horizon baseline btw?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

How terrible!

I mean if they were in dire straights as you seemingly want they wouldn't have another expansion planned for this year and next year. But you do you in the end. The vocal minority of the forums I doubt represents the majority.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

On 3/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, Gesbo.6420 said:

Sand through glass has a different animation stripping the unique skill animation. It's also 30 seconds cooldown, compared to exactly the same skill on will bender, rolling light (that has another dash added to it btw) for 25s....

Man we lost the cool mirage animation now we lost the cool back-flop as well.... do better arena net

and we lost another mirage mirror. It might have been small but it was an aoe.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

and we lost another mirage mirror. It might have been small but it was a aoe.

Yeah, but for what is this skill originally: To escape, not to run instantly back to the "danger zone". So i think its a great change. With greatsword equipped you can instantly start a strong aoe ambush attack now and i think this is much better. 

2 hours ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

Yeah, but for what is this skill originally: To escape, not to run instantly back to the "danger zone". So i think its a great change. With greatsword equipped you can instantly start a strong aoe ambush attack now and i think this is much better. 

I like the functinality of the skill but I would still like to have its original animation, The change was uncalled for...

• Like 3