In case you haven't noticed .. Teleport to friend item now

12 hours ago, synk.6907 said:

I have like 500 of the normal ones. Guess I should use them. No cooldown 😉

Yeah, but mentally you sort of feel like saving on those, that's how it goes for me anyway xD

I used them before when the infinite one was recharging, will rarely be neccesary now I guess

5 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Yeah, maybe not the most important post, guess I just wanted to share my excitement xD

I love this QoL update, so I share your excitement!  Also I'm still getting accustomed to using it more frequently, so it's a nice reminder.  It's one of my favorite purchases from the gem store

• Thanks 1

Yeah it is major improvment. The only downsize is that you probably want shared item slot just for that. Apart from that it solves some serious problems, like do you wan to do quest/hero points in PoF without repeating prologue story? Do you want to do some content in tangled deeps, or any other living world maps when meta is active? Do you want to just join that meta event now, even if you leveled up somewhere else? Not to mention get your jumping puzzle without jumping.

• Like 1

• ArenaNet Staff
On 3/31/2024 at 8:43 AM, jokke.6239 said:

Yeah, maybe not the most important post, guess I just wanted to share my excitement xD

@jokke.6239 I'm glad you did! There are always people who missed the note/weren't aware for one reason or another, so mentioning it almost certainly brought it to the attention of others who missed it as well. 

And I've said this elsewhere: We need to hear what the community likes just as much as we need to hear what they want changed/improved/updated/fixed, and human beings in general are much less likely to spend time talking about what they like than they are talking about what they dislike. Calling out a change that you just discovered and that you love is great--thank you! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@jokke.6239 I'm glad you did! There are always people who missed the note/weren't aware for one reason or another, so mentioning it almost certainly brought it to the attention of others who missed it as well. 

And I've said this elsewhere: We need to hear what the community likes just as much as we need to hear what they want changed/improved/updated/fixed, and human beings in general are much less likely to spend time talking about what they like than they are talking about what they dislike. Calling out a change that you just discovered and that you love is great--thank you! 

Really love the change.  The teleport to friend solves so many little situations, like wanting to play with your friends but realizing you haven't unlocked a waypoint on a particular character, or racing to get meta that's about to pop and so on.  As someone who essentially co-ops with someone who is "directional challenged"  (has difficulty forming mental maps and learning how to get from one place to another.  Where you or I might learn basic navigation of a map within a time or two playing on it, they don't  The game world is essentially new each time they play, they don't really learn where A is in relation to B.) we're constantly using it to keep up with each other and the reduced recharge is an amazing help.  Seriously, thank you.  I know that probably wasn't the motivation behind the cooldown change, and I know some balance has to be struck to keep it from being abusable, but the ten minute recharge feels great and always feels available when we need it and it made if much easier to play together.  Just wanted to call out a specific use case that you might not realize you were helping out  😊.

However, a small quality of life suggestion:  The arbitrary limitation of selecting four random(ish) players when used in a squad makes it difficult to use in certain situations.  I think it selects the first four people (chronologically) who joined, but it ALSO shows offline players leading to situations where there are 0 valid options to choose from (such as: https://i.postimg.cc/fRsk8rtX/image.png ).  Additionally, when metas involve people splitting up and performing tasks all over (say Amnytas), it can be difficult for her to find me.  So our usual routine is I find a squad, waypoint to the map, join the instance, move into position, leave squad, join her party, she teleports to me, then we both leave party and rejoin original squad.  It works.  But it could be improved:

(low effort): at least ensure that the four chosen names are viable targets (not offline)
(better): why cap at four people?  Just show the whole squad in a scrollable list  (maybe without the previews, the real reason for the four person limit, I suspect)
(ultimate extravagance) make the list searchable

High priority?  Naaaah.  Just more noticeable now that we can use it 6x as much!  😁

Edited by PixelHero.5849
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks Rubi

• Like 1