'Return to Heart of Thorns' Rewards

2 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

For anyone not in the game right now, mind mentioning what the rewards are for context?

That would be useful. I'm not likely to be able to play until the weekend, and it would be helpful to know if this is worth making time for or something I can safely skip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

For anyone not in the game right now, mind mentioning what the rewards are for context?

6 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That would be useful. I'm not likely to be able to play until the weekend, and it would be helpful to know if this is worth making time for or something I can safely skip.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Return_to_Heart_of_Thorns
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_Return_to_Heart_of_Thorns_(achievements)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I completed this this morning without studying it closely. My bad!

When I finished and opened the weapon chest I found that I already had all the skins in the chest. I mistakenly assumed it would be a rare skin or other fancy reward like some of the other returns. My bad again!

We have finally reached a point in the game, where Mystic Coins are considered a bad reward - despite still costing ~ 2 gold on TP 😕. Either OP is very rich and has more stacks of MC than inventory/character/bank-slots, or they are just ... picky. Sidenote here: The weapon-skin is a placeholder. The 150 Astral Acclaim seem to be the real reward.

Considered how easy the tasks are, I'll probably do the dailies (3 events per map) as often as possible. All the tasks for the main achievement revolve around either slaying the local enemy type in small quantities (20-50), doing events in the area (10) or participating in the map-meta. Note that you can progress/complete all three by just participating in the map-meta.

I do not have much time to play right now anyway. So i highly appreciate this event, same as the previous one. Thanks ANet!

• Like 6

The rewards for the dailies are great. The event rewards for the "return to" are mostly good. The reward for "reliving the heart of thorns" event though can get bent, 2 swigs of liquid karma for doing 9 story missions. No thanks.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Mystic coins: yay! 

Plated weapons: who thought this was a reward for returning to HoT? I spend aeons in HoT when it came out working on the various achievements and collections. If you want to incentivize returning to HoT for things other than HoT itself, plated weapons are not the way to do it. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

I'm enjoying it! Already do octo almost daily, and occasionally visit VB for events to keep in crowbars for my home instance chest, so mostly keep familiar with my favorite events to do. TD is a little harder for me, was never really good at that. I have lots of mystic coins, but recently realized I got behind in clovers for a project I'm working on, and am burning through them faster than I'm getting them. Nice to have open world boosts to get coins besides the 3 you can get from ley lines (which, are kinda hard for me to hit all 3 scheduled times).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Plated weapons: who thought this was a reward for returning to HoT? I spend aeons in HoT when it came out working on the various achievements and collections. If you want to incentivize returning to HoT for things other than HoT itself, plated weapons are not the way to do it. 🤦‍♀️

...hence the mystic coins?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

Mystic coins do not make the choice of plated weapons any better, do they.

No, but the point is that they offer a "return to" reward regardless of who likes which skin set.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Can’t tell if OP is joking or not. Seems like quite good rewards, particularly for just 3 events per day per MC instead of 5 with the LWS2 return (tho events are very easy in Silverwastes).

It's the lore aspect of it. This seems like a good way to make a few gold but lots of us want relevant lore loot for this "return to" event like how we got the interesting map cloak for doing the return to dungeons event. IMO if they would have saved something like that leaf glider for this event it would make this event that much more interesting (with of course ways to earn or buy it after the event). This event is profitable but not interesting.

Also, IS Laranthir leading the Vigil now or not?

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, but the point is that they offer a "return to" reward regardless of who likes which skin set.

It's not about "liking". It's about Plated being pretty much base weapon set for Maguuma, and thus easily obtainable. Meaning, veterans (and since we're talking about a "return to" event, we are talking about veterans) are extremely likely to already have a full set (and thus obtain pretty much nothing).

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:46 PM, pallas.8150 said:

Listen, GW2 is notoriously bad for the rewards that they dole out for events, but my god this is really not incentive to revisit. Really?

then dont.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

play the content you want, if this event nudges you back to something, great. if you prefer to play other content, equally great.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not about "liking". It's about Plated being pretty much base weapon set for Maguuma, and thus easily obtainable. Meaning, veterans (and since we're talking about a "return to" event, we are talking about veterans) are extremely likely to already have a full set (and thus obtain pretty much nothing).

So the logic is that the event name being "return to" means it's only for veterans? 

So if my local Priest says people should return to Jesus, this is only targeted to boomers? Good to know. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You're not going to constantly get new "return to" skins, some players will always be unsatisfied with them whatever they pick to include there. Claiming that since someone is a veteran, it means they need to have unlocked full sets of skins is wrong -even though I do have them unlocked- but even then the veterans are obtaining something: MCs and AA. If they think it's not worth it then don't do it. But people seem to praise these rewards here, so looks like the goal of having a bait to "return to" is achieved and claiming "they obtain pretty much nothing" is false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

The Mystic Coins are a great reward, but if they keep up this level of events that reward them the prices are going to collapse.

When you consider that normally you can only get one coin per day outside of the Wizard Vault seasonal ones, giving everyone the opportunity to earn 3 more per day for an entire week is going to potentially put a lot of additional volume through the market.

While LWS2 didn't budge the prices, if these kind of events keep up something will have to give at some point when a hoarder gets twitchy and dumps them into the market.

Confused react only to confirm you are a big smelly bum and that what I wrote above makes perfect sense.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Every HoT meta I've showed up to for the last couple of days has been fully populated, and checking LFG indicates many other instances are equally populated. So regardless of the rewards, the event has doubtlessly achieved its purpose.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

The Mystic Coins are a great reward, but if they keep up this level of events that reward them the prices are going to collapse.

When you consider that normally you can only get one coin per day outside of the Wizard Vault seasonal ones, giving everyone the opportunity to earn 3 more per day for an entire week is going to potentially put a lot of additional volume through the market.

While LWS2 didn't budge the prices, if these kind of events keep up something will have to give at some point when a hoarder gets twitchy and dumps them into the market.

They won't go down that easily with the current high demand due to legendary crafting. And even if they do go down a bit, they won't just suddenly collapse.

• Like 2