[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

- player housing!

- fishing

- body paint - like Norn have, for all races; you are able to change color and the look of body paint by bringing dyes of that color + hefty sum of gold or materials to a tatoo artist in a major city 🙂 Some Charr in Drizzlewood and later updates have such great paint on them, love it

- ability to TP to a waypoint anywhere for free, if you are within range (eg 150 meters) of another uncontested waypoint

- library to store all my books in - maybe as part of player housing?

• Like 3

I really miss the Feature Packs, which offered a lot of QOL updates for existing content. The last one was back in 2014. A feature-pack for 2021 should include:

- TP overhaul/rework, which is already overdue for a few years

- boon-system rework, the mess with the different boon types, priorities and grouping (buff-bar). This also includes the mess with the stealth and reveals, as well as the questionable state of Superspeed.

- proper UI solution for the Special-Action-Key mess, which keeps piling up since LW3

- proper UI solution for the portal-tomes. Seriously, tomes right now are just message box with multiple-choice lines. I played SNES RPGs which used stuff like interactive ring-menus or worldmap pointers for traveling-gizmos.

- visibitlity-checkboxes for every gear-piece and every infusion separately, with an enable-all for each type

In addition I would like to see:

- a Fractal about the Inquest vs. Joko encounter, featuring Kuda's story

- a Fractal about the Battle of Lion's Arch

- a Worldboss DRM/Vision of the Past Strike Mission fighting Zhaithan wingless on the floor of Arah

- guild-arena option to select balancing: PvE, sPvP or WvW

- polar bear & panda bear mount skins

- potato-mode: Basic models, basic character models, no flashy animations, no cosmetics = you can run Gw2 on an outdated office PC, accessible via an emergency shortcut to prevent forced shutdown/freeze due to resource overkill

- favorites for crafting

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Curious.  Why?  What could a horse mount accomplish that the existing mounts in the game don't already handle?

Mounted combat. You can use skills like normal, but instead of a dodge, it rises and strikes enemies with its hooves to inflict daze. I'd like that.

• Confused 1

Rumor it has that there are some players, who have quite more than the average number of characters, and for these, the log in screen, especially the handling of the character galery might be quite clunky and messy.

How about having an option to switch this to a list mode?

Or even better, if it's realizable from a technical point of view: That you could create character galery folders and being able to sort them by your 100% world characters, races, classes, favorites etc.

In my opinion, that would be quite an amazing Quality of Live feature, so, how are the chances that we're gonna see this in the future and that it could get realized?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Mounted combat. You can use skills like normal, but instead of a dodge, it rises and strikes enemies with its hooves to inflict daze. I'd like that.

Don't need a horse for that, though.  If implemented, why not use existing mounts?  I'd think Anet could make it much cooler with existing ones.  /shrug   Besides, lore already has horses as non-existent so it would be ... odd.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Curious.  Why?  What could a horse mount accomplish that the existing mounts in the game don't already handle?

Doesn't have to accomplish anything different, my human battlemage/knight character just needs a valiant steed.

50 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Don't need a horse for that, though.  If implemented, why not use existing mounts?  I'd think Anet could make it much cooler with existing ones.  /shrug

The raptor, bunny and the wolf could also be the same mount just with 3 different skills. Griffon and skyscale could also be fused into one mount.
The answer to your question is identity and flavor.

57 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Besides, lore already has horses as non-existent so it would be ... odd.

That is not true.
From A Brief History of Cantha about Kaineng Tah:

His death came from an unlikely event: while on an extended hunting expedition, his favorite horse improbably threw Kaineng Tah.

The thing that is actually odd is why there are no actual horses in the game, even though horses and ponies are mentioned and depicted multiple times.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:35 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Because horses are human's allies for 1000s of years and it is logical that we like them and want them. It doesn't need accomplish anything, it can just be a skin, or it can allow for 2-person mounting.

4 hours ago, Mikali.9651 said:

Because horses are human's allies for 1000s of years and it is logical that we like them and want them. It doesn't need accomplish anything, it can just be a skin, or it can allow for 2-person mounting.

Again, GW2 lore doesn't support that idea.  And, mounts in GW2 are character transformations so I highly doubt that any 2 person mounts would be possible within the current mount structure.

As someone who likes farming AP, I'd love to have a split section for daily tracking and other achievements. I've found myself kicking a collection, etc ... off the list too often especially during festivals that bring even more dailies.

Or an increased max limit for the tracker, I guess.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, Lyssia.4637 said:

Even just the ability to move the weapon skills around on the bar would be nice.  All the dodge skills seem to show up in the middle slots; I'd put them last or first, so I don't hit them by accident.

Unless you are using your mouse to click your weapon skills, as of this reply you can change all your weapon keybinds under options > control options> skills.

that said, if people like using mouse for skill stuff, i'd be for them being able to swap.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:30 PM, Anima Mundi.9306 said:

Please allow for the removal of tonics from the novelty panel back into inventory, and update the descriptions of certain tonics to reflect their potential uses.

Although the release of the novelty panel in 2018 has been useful and welcome quality of life change to reduce bank and inventory clutter, there are conflicts with some of the existing tonics that I feel have not been properly reconciled.

Most other novelties and several of the endless tonics solely exist for the purpose of transformation, and are more convenient in the novelty panel as intended. For this reason, I feel a player can easily get in the habit of immediately adding a tonic to the novelty panel upon receipt.

However, a few of the endless tonics are key ingredients or currencies for the mystic forge or vendors.

Adding the endless tonic to the wardrobe effectively permanently deletes the item from your inventory, but offers no sufficient warning that the item will be fully irrecoverable.

The novelty panel can conflict with these specific tonics and can cause a lot of undue frustration. Many of the affected tonics were not initially designed with the option to disappear into the novelties panel, and end up being incongruous with the newer function.

Based on the wiki, the affected tonics include:

·         Endless Black Quaggan Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Blue Quaggan Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Green Quaggan Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Pink Quaggan Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Bottle of Batwing Brew (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Toy Ventari Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Princess Doll Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Toy Soldier Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Plush Griffon Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Toy Golem Tonic (Mystic Forge ingredient)

·         Endless Fractal Tonic (Currency for Infinite Mist Potions)

·         Endless Anomaly Fragment (Mystic Force ingredient)

·         Enchanted Snowball (Currency for Enchanted Colorful Snowball)

Probably the most frustrating of these is the Endless Fractal Tonic, in which the functionally useless item can actually be exchanged for an extremely useful item. So far, none of the descriptions of the affected tonics give any suggestion that they have other uses than transformation:

I feel this is an extreme lack of transparency. Compare this to the much more clear description of certain minis that can be used in similar ways:

After submitting a ticket to support (#8118527) after having this frustrating realization with the Endless Fractal Tonic, I realized that there is no way to retain the item after it is added to the novelty collection, and I find this a little absurd given that Support would still be able to recover the item if I had made the mistake of directly deleting it from my inventory. A previous user faced a similar issue. I feel that intended game functions should not have this affect.

Though the novelty panel is useful for many other tonics, it hurts how several of the existing tonics are intended to be used. The ability to remove the tonics and more appropriate descriptions would help to address some of these pain points.

if this was implemented, i'd be more for the ability to remove the tonics, rather than update the descriptions-- i appreciate the humorous descriptions.

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

Allow us to add non-endless tonics to the tonic wardrobe.

Some of my characters just have like, entire bags filled with things like sylvan dog transformation ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plant_Dog_Transformation ) , holiday event  and so on.  There are a ton of silly/cute, heart rewards, holiday event  & craftable tonics that take up inventory space for us tonic lovers.  I know some are to be soulbound, but why not simply allow us to add them to the tonic closet  (maybe the bottom, or a divider or something ), so everything is all in one place, and we can use them across characters?  (make them account bound)

Thanks.