[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I know it's almost certainly too late to do before the Steam release, but would you please revisit attribute downscaling in levelling zones sometime soon?

As it currently stands, there is basically zero reason to spec for anything except for Power; everything else gets scaled down so much, and things like Healing Power just don't do anything meaningful when in <Lv80 zones. This, combined with lower mob health in levelling zones, just leads to Power builds (especially high level ones) just instantly destroying everything, which is going to be very frustrating for the all the new players as they won't be able to keep up.

IMO, it'd be better for some attributes to be scaled with diminishing returns (or harsher diminishing returns than they are now). So, very little (or zero) downscaling when only a little bit above base (for that level); some downscaling when moderately above base; and a lot when way above base.

Additionally, attributes like Concentration shouldn't be scaled at all, or they should actually scale up in levelling zones, because they're so hard to come by and currently apply at a flat rate; so it's exponentially harder to get any meaningful boon duration while in levelling zones. Diminishing returns would also allow crit to actually be a thing while levelling, instead of getting scaled down so much that your crit chance is halved.

I know levelling is such a small part of the game overall, but we're going to have a lot of casuals join who may take many months to max out a single character. Speaking from experience with games I only played occasionally, it's really disheartening to try out new things and find out that 95% of it just doesn't do anything til you've played for enough hours to get to the part where it "counts". The new players will probably also be trying out Dungeons, where the downscaling is going to absolutely stomp them, yet high level Power builds are still going to absolutely destroy everything.

• Thanks 2

Why are we limited to Weapons, Armor and Backpacks.
Why can we not have cosmetic slots for Kits/Pets/Skills:

• Kits: This one makes the most sense since most of the kits have not been changed since launch
  • Pets: Simple things like a Reindeer noes/outfit for Rock Gazelle, or an Asura Golem for Mechanist
  • Skills: We already have modifiers based on which Legendary you have so why cant they be placed inside a cosmetic slot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Why are we limited to Weapons, Armor and Backpacks.
Why can we not have cosmetic slots for Kits/Pets/Skills:

• Kits: This one makes the most sense since most of the kits have not been changed since launch
  • Pets: Simple things like a Reindeer noes/outfit for Rock Gazelle, or an Asura Golem for Mechanist
  • Skills: We already have modifiers based on which Legendary you have so why cant they be placed inside a cosmetic slot

Probably because the weapons, armors and backpacks can be used by every class, while what you mentioned above is not. Basically "covering more ground" for the potential buyers. Also, possibly, the technology might not exist (yet?).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Probably because the weapons, armors and backpacks can be used by every class, while what you mentioned above is not. Basically "covering more ground" for the potential buyers. Also, possibly, the technology might not exist (yet?).

Kits and Pets are exclusive to a class but legendary weapon/skill modifiers are not. We have something for harvesting tools so why can that system not be shared for any weapon in the game then by extension how hard would it be to swap out the model ID for a Kit or Pet.

Since I wont read 249 pages and the search didnt show any mention of it I would like to bring up the Idea of naming the BANKTABS !!

also add a tickbox to choose if you want them to be closed or open when u enter the bank

thats it. maybe anyone else has 15+ tabs and has sometimes trouble finding something dispite having them organised simply coz they are so many and you have to close or scroll so you can find the tab you want

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Feature request: give us an option checkbox to disable [Ctrl] and [Shift] skill linking when in combat.

At first, I thought it was just fat fingers.  "Fat fingers gonna fing fatly, whatcha gonna do?"  But it was ALWAYS [Shift] that was tripping me up.  Then I remembered: [Shift] is the command to run in a lot of games.  Muscle memory is tripping me up, when I need to move faster when in a hectic combat, I nudge [Shift], and now I'm stopped entirely as my typed commands go into chat.

So yeah, just give me an option to disable those chat linking options in combat.  Or the option to reassign them entirely, or limit them to the right-hand [Shift], [Alt], and [Ctrl] keys.

It would be nice if when looking at an achievement in the ui that has child achievements, if the child achievements had like a "1/10" (in the small box in the attached image) if the child has completed 1/10, and the larger box (attached image) started to fill in a percentage bar.

https://i.imgur.com/kltZX76.png

Been awhile since I linked an image, hope it works. Must not like pngs.

• Like 1

A way to read mails and Trade updates from the original website so you can check from your phone

And as a beginner I don’t like how I’m missing out on stuff like the wardrobe because I’m so scared of wasting those special coins when I don’t have anything I really want to wear and only have like 4 of those coins. Why can’t changing your looks cost a few copper/silver coins until.. level 60?

Edited by Chekko.4607
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

QoL 

🎵 Boss Fight custom playlist 

Hi ANet, Since the Word Boss fight updates, the custom playlist for boss fight doesn't trigger anymore.

The Ambience music keeps playing until the characters lose half the health, then the normal fight music plays.

If the in-combat state changes to non combat, the Ambience playlist triggers again, and so you're fighting a world boss to the sound of Ballad of Ice and Snow.

If it's not too much trouble, could you restore this please?

So when we enter the boss fight area, the right music playlist will trigger?

I would so much appreciate that feat.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

I would like to see some new crafting recipes that use Essence of Luck to create Magic Find buffs. Something like +30% MF for 30 mins. Similar to the way food and utilities work. It would give us something else to do with Essence of Luck after hitting the cap of 300. Right now we mostly just hoard them to use them once a year at the festival.

Edited by raykor.6723
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

If you put something on the AH at the lowest possible sell price, NPCs should purchase it after 6 months.

Well yea, I think this will become more and more important, UNLESS they put someone in charge of maintaining the econemy. Once upon a time the game had some dude who would make up recipes and things that would use up things that get rewarded too often or that have lost draw/usefullness. The really big one was whent he game was kinda new and iirc it was all about butter. So much butter omg haha. So players got new forge recipes which would make loot boxes. People would buy up the butter, etc then use it up to make silly loot boxes. This fixed the glut and gave vets with too much loot things to buy up. Win win win.

Im not sure why Anet has stopped doing this. Its a HUGE oversight no question really. 

It was also the way Festival goods supply/demand has always been balanced in the past, but It seems like Maybe no one left understands that TBH. It has not happened for a few years.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2

A quality of life change Would be give Warrior back it's HAMMER DAMAGE in WORLD VERSUS WORLD do you all fear our power that we can only be held back with skills that deal 5 damage with blunt force weapons? honestly it's like all hammers are hammers are ment to be whackmole. Hammer speed on warrior is at a snails place and they can be dodged easily. Or in other words if one can dodge a wrench they can.... Dodge a Hammer?🤯🤔 Sure greatsword and axes work but I mean Warrior is the easiest class right? How easily can one defeat a player with a 2 Handed Hammer Warrior in world versus world as a core warrior? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

A quality of life change Would be give Warrior back it's HAMMER DAMAGE in WORLD VERSUS WORLD do you all fear our power that we can only be held back with skills that deal 5 damage with blunt force weapons? honestly it's like all hammers are hammers are ment to be whackmole. Hammer speed on warrior is at a snails place and they can be dodged easily. Or in other words if one can dodge a wrench they can.... Dodge a Hammer?🤯🤔 Sure greatsword and axes work but I mean Warrior is the easiest class right? How easily can one defeat a player with a 2 Handed Hammer Warrior in world versus world as a core warrior? 

That prob goes in the wvw or professions section of the forum friend. I understand your its a qol thing perspective, but all of balance is qol from that perspective and well thats just too broad of a definition. I hope they do wvw/pvp balance later this year too, for what its worth.

Hi Anet, since the Necromancer and  Scrapper can use "Wells", underwater. (Gyros are considered wells). When can the chronomancer and specter receive the same treatment? Most of the current builds around chronomancer and specter relies on wells, and when they go underwater, the damage/utility is excluded completely. You guys should try fractal 76 and see how frustrating it is to play it, the whole purpouse for chronos and specters builds to provide support and damage to the group is lost.

51 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

That prob goes in the wvw or professions section of the forum friend. I understand your its a qol thing perspective, but all of balance is qol from that perspective and well thats just too broad of a definition. I hope they do wvw/pvp balance later this year too, for what its worth.

Honestly the only reason I posted here is from what I know about the warrior forums or wvw they are not even looked at aside from pve based stuff. Considering Hammer has been in the same place it has been in for 2 years not just for warrior but guardian as well it's like the weapon type itself is an oddity. I get balancing a hammer would be difficult to do so with ferocity and such. But if the high hits is the scary thing just make it so ferocity is nerfed on hammers and let power actually do something with a hammer is all I want in terms of wvw lol. If one takes the time to craft a ascended weapons or legendary for that matter and one minute it does damage the next it's like you got a crunched up replacement from the far back end of the mystic forge I imagine many people would be up more in arms. And yeah technically anything in game would be qol in this point I have presented which I do agree. But look at dungeons and guildhalls that have had nothing done with them for several years now at this point. Sure ooooo a new guildhall oooo same currency from all dungeons. Projects left unfinished which does happen. How many qol are actually delivered? Idk that offhand since I mostly do the Cornerstone game mode. Not meaning anything towards you but at times it feels not all areas of gameplay receive equal treatment or even on the same radar.

A portal tome/library (call it like a Portable Portal Library), where you can put all the teleport scrolls/tomes/passes so they only take up one space in the inventory. Have it when you select the item, it gives you a menu with options to each tome/season and an option for gemstore passes, then a submenu for each section for everything you have unlocked with your account/added to the tome. On the main menu have an option that pops up depending on if you are in your home instance or Mistlock Sanctuary to teleport you back to previous location. Would be fantastic to save some inventory space.

So the new buff items we can buy with the decade currency;  Decade Enhancement Station, Decade Desserts and Anniversary Banner kind of seemed like they would have made more sense being the natural evolutions of Delectable Birthday Cakes.  However they are literally just one-time-use items which is pretty disappointing after all of this time.

Would it be possible at least to have a utility version of Delectable Birthday Cakes added to the game please?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Please allow us to earn Guild Favor by simply completing objectives in WvW whilst representing our guild.

This could be part of the favor system.

My Guild only just started to florish, but my "Right Hand" First in command is getting frustrated with the slow progress.

I don't wanna start kicking everybody out that doesn't get involved, but we can only do certain things once per week.

We failed the challenge several times yesterday before calling quits.

Which brings me to a question...

GvG when?

Two actually...

Why are commander tags so expensive at 300 Gold?

I'd like to incentive my guildies to do WvW, guild missions, and think that any Guild Master should get one free.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Shouldn't we make Stability a 1.5 sec  duration in PvE , that doesn't stack in duration , atleast for CMs ?

So it becomes a "clutch" mechanic vs Minister Lee + other future knockback bosses ? Otherwise the raid team , should not waste time creating any more boss knockbacks effects  .

(Or mobs(enemies-not pets) count as extra "friendly" player for greens , so they another strat is let them be alive (get improve stats(or evolve to multi-aoe ranged) with each succefull green) .

That way 3 people  can kite and do the greens , while the 7 rest burn the boss , but in the last phase they will get bombarded by the improved Npcs , forcing them to waste utilities for Reflect/Ranged Denial Spells ,or take the normal  route of doing the boss fight as intended (6 people on greens))

Edited by Ryuk.6840