[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

4 minutes ago, crosknight.3041 said:

xiquatl giving you a jade bot skin that looks like the flying snake that is summoned while you wield it.

A minipet I could agree with.

But I'd rather not see Arenanet insult this weapon by tying it into the trash bot system.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

A minipet I could agree with.

But I'd rather not see Arenanet insult this weapon by tying it into the trash bot system.

The jade bot mini is a mini that mimics the jade bot skin that'd be the same thing but with additional jade bot things for people that aren't insane to enjoy.

On 7/15/2023 at 4:16 AM, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

Can we PLEASE get a setting in the crafting menu to make it so all dropdowns are collapsed by default or have the UI remember what is/isn't collapsed it would be such a minor change but would be incredibly nice QoL. I have almost every recipe in the game so its impossible to just scroll to what I want and is extremely tedious to have to manually hide everything I'm not interacting with every time I close and open the crafting UI.

+1

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So there are some third party websites that do something like this, and also the gw2 wiki is helpful.

for most crafting types it gives you an overview of what combines with what and so on. for just chef, it will tell you exactly which recipes you have already discovered , which you can discover, and which you need a recipe for (with an API key). i think it would be nice if all the types worked like chef. 

Crafting - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

this one gives you steps to follow for what to make and buy to level crafting. It assumes you're going to craft from 0-400 all in one go, I tend to want to organize one level at a time so i can place a buy order and not end up overwhelmed with inventory. since the buy list is all mashed together it's a bit of work to go through and look at stuff for one level at a time. it estimates the cost from the trading post.

ACCGs for Guild Wars 2 (gw2crafts.net) 

this one gives you an overview of a recipe, steps and where to get things, and estimates the cost of buying stuffs on the trading post or wherever else in game it needs to be bought.
Incinerator - Crafting - Calculator - gw2efficiency 

and other guides like

Legendary Gear Archives - GuildJen 

Gearing up to Ascended Guide - Hardstuck

How to make WvW Legendary Armor - GW2 - MetaBattle

etc.

but legendary and ascended are the same stats: unless your friend needs the legendary armory and to change stats for many builds, they don't need to go to legendary. Ascended can be obtained without crafting. For most content exotic is considered standard (they say you only need ascended for like t3 and t4 fractals, due to the infusion spots). Edit: I see you said WvW so yeah when fighting other players in WvW the ascended could help. Also might like to check that their stats are correct for WvW, if you haven't done this yet. /edit

But if they're struggling maybe the boost in stats from ascended could help, but also consider other things like adding marauder to bezerker gear (or adding bezerker to marauder), or checking if their build is current, or trying if a different class would fit their playstyle better. Which I'm sure you already thought of.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:19 PM, babana.7521 said:

First of all, i want to say this, I am grandmaster craftsman, all of it including scribing. This suggestion is here because after I tried to help out an elderly fellow players who is in their 70s in their crafting, the player plays WvW exclusively, every time he gets killed, people suggest that he needs legendary armors, he started crafting,  6 months ago if not mistaken, along the way he would whisper to ask what's next, what do I do? I can tell it is a struggle for them. I had to hop on a low level toon without any crafting discipline to help him out, guiding them when ever they ask me question, tell them which youtube video to watch, etc and what guide to follow, eventually, when I ask them if they have their legendary a couple of weeks ago, they said they have given up. 

Therefore, is there a way to make crafting easier? make this an option,  yes please guide me thru crafting/ no I like to discover it myself, for instant, if players check yes, when they open up the crafting table, a message will pops up telling them what exactly they can craft with what they have in their bank in bold letters. and tell them how many items they need to purchase from the TP? 

I know this is far reaching request, but it would be nice to have it for players who are actually confused by the current crafting system.

lastly,  think about your player base, if they have started playing GW1 at age 30, all these players would be in their 50 now, if they are in their 40  when they started most of them already in their 60s, I know for a fact there are  octogenarians in the game.

This would help a lot of players.
Thank you.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Thanks 1

Garden Plots and Ascended  Seed Pouches... it is very easy to inadvertently waste a seed pouch you crafted by equipping it and accidentally selecting a node that already has a growing plant.  This removes the growing plant and consumes your ascended seed pouch.  Would be nice if this mechanic was friendlier and prevented such mistakes.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 7:16 AM, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

Can we PLEASE get a setting in the crafting menu to make it so all dropdowns are collapsed by default or have the UI remember what is/isn't collapsed it would be such a minor change but would be incredibly nice QoL. I have almost every recipe in the game so its impossible to just scroll to what I want and is extremely tedious to have to manually hide everything I'm not interacting with every time I close and open the crafting UI.

I'd prefer being able to favorite items so they appear at the top even better if it can be reorganized, but yes all three of these things please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can each  person's participation of events be like activivly stacking Vulnerability ? Every sec  one tiny-vuln is aplied and after 6 sec it transform into a mega-vuln (delayed effect) .And a small bosss debuff (selfburn) if previous and current Vuln stacks (participation) , drops significant .

Now if excuse me , i am going to be proud about myself for founding out what "background images" does in Joomla !

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Since the other thread got locked (cause it was a bumped old thread?) guess I'll have to create a new one

Thought that's what people always say you should do (use search function for already created topics)

The roundtail dragon mini is making the game miserable to play

Please this feature soon 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

following on from this:

crafting is very costly. It's possible that it has become more costly over time with different changes to drops and things but without a related change to crafting requirements. For example I hear that Mystic Coins used to have a much more plentiful acquisition rate, and now non-ascended feast recipes are inordinately expensive. ...

I think also the coin gain has reduced. So the price for thermocatalytic reagents, icy runestones, runes of holding, etc., is effectively more expensive. 

The diminishing returns effectively adds time gating/ expense to even low level materials. 

• Confused 3

Add "Block Player" choice to the in game mail report function. Too many trolls use alt accounts for in game mails as a work around to harass people. They are the new "gold sellers" of harassing messages. Perhaps you should make it so Free Accounts can't send in game mail in the first place.

• Haha 1

I would like to see an alternate interaction method for mesmer portals and possibly certain other objects like Aviator Memory boxes, due to portal trolling and such. Sometimes those kinds of pranks are funny, but when a portal leads into being stuck inside terrain, that's a borderline "blocks progress"-level bug, or even anti-player/griefing exploit. And sometimes you get stuck in combat too, so it's not like you can just easily waypoint out.

Personally, I think it would be ideal if you had to hold down the interact button for like 1-2s so it has to be a very intentional action. There could also be an option to turn this function off for people who want it the old way.

The other method could be to just have a shared binding with the existing interact, so you could either bind two different keys, or just have them both bound to the same button.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I really hope that there are plans to fix parts of the game that are made way too easy with the power creep and mounts.

Specifically, the Dragon's Stand meta, I think, would greatly benefit from not being able to mount, at least during the last phase with the Mouth. Also, it is now perfectly possible to finish the map TWICE in the two hour window between resets. I don't think that was ever intended.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Exclude accounts with at least one level 80 character from the event completion dailies in low level/starter zones, the same way accounts with only low level characters are excluded from dailies in level 80 zones. (Although this might be moot, if there are drastic changes coming to the recurring achievements with SotO.)

Edit: If you feel confused, don't be afraid to ask. The first step to solve your problem is admitting you have one. Have a nice day. 💜

Edited by Handsel.2891
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

As my eyes are getting older, it becomes hard to follow a WvW commander with catmander. This symbol seems to be shrunk to me. Also colors are a problem. I tried to work around with personal target, but this even gets worse. Personal target has a very small line.

Is it possible to work on either commander tag, colors or personal target line to set it more visible for those who have problems?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:05 PM, jokke.6239 said:

Since the other thread got locked (cause it was a bumped old thread?) guess I'll have to create a new one

Thought that's what people always say you should do (use search function for already created topics)

Please this feature soon 

Turns out it's not the roundtail dragon

I got this one in a black lion chest (after not having played since before EoD)

And it had the default sound effect when I used it (turned out to be a bug)

In my attempt to silence it, I had turned on the "use default setting on player items"

Turns out it's the DEFAULT jade bot that's such a pain to my ears xD

And seems like they fixed the dragon mini

Should encounter it a lot less now I think

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Arka Arkania.6214 said:

As my eyes are getting older, it becomes hard to follow a WvW commander with catmander. This symbol seems to be shrunk to me. Also colors are a problem. I tried to work around with personal target, but this even gets worse. Personal target has a very small line.

Is it possible to work on either commander tag, colors or personal target line to set it more visible for those who have problems?

I 100% support this idea. The commander tag could made to allow size scaling like Anet did with the mouse cursor and people could choose how visible they needed it to be. Perhaps players could also choose a different color to highlight the tag as well, to help our colorblind community members. These 2 options would go a long way towards reducing the hardships that some folks endure while enjoying GW2.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Please please please can we remove the direction of travel from the camera location on skiffs.
This makes them really hard to control when you're trying to look around while traveling.
Turning on the skiffs should only be controlled by the A and D keys not the camera to prevent the frustration of crashing into a wall due to looking left.

To the confused emoji anon (honestly would rather you post so I can answer your confused state) The camera and direction controls of the skiff are linked, meaning the boat will go in the direction you look, which also means you can not look around while traveling in action camera without the boat moving off the path you intend to go on.  As for a QoL the action camera should not be linked to the turning of the skiff, or at least an option to disable this. I've found it more clumbersome to have the turning of the boat to the camera rather than the A and D keys.

Edited by Smoosh.2718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2023 at 1:05 PM, jokke.6239 said:

Please this feature soon 

"This feature" what?? you didn't say anything

Edited by KawsMeCal.5923
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Handsel.2891 said:

Exclude accounts with at least one level 80 character from the event completion dailies in low level/starter zones, the same way accounts with only low level characters are excluded from dailies in level 80 zones. (Although this might be moot, if there are drastic changes coming to the recurring achievements with SotO.)

Edit: If you feel confused, don't be afraid to ask. The first step to solve your problem is admitting you have one. Have a nice day. 💜

So I'm not allowed to do events I never did before on a low level character because I have one at 80? That doesn't sound stupid in the slightest... /s

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

following on from this:

I think also the coin gain has reduced. So the price for thermocatalytic reagents, icy runestones, runes of holding, etc., is effectively more expensive. 

The diminishing returns effectively adds time gating/ expense to even low level materials. 

You think that based on what exactly?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1