[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

8 hours ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

A new relic that makes you immune to the bloody fear weapons!

right now there area elite skills that have like a 20 second charge, and it never fails that some NPC in the mod will fear you right as you are about to strike, wasting the charge and your time

Stability says hello.

• Like 1

i lead many squads, mainly pugs in 10 man instanced content, and every time i need to remember who is doing what role (quick alac heal dps tank and other roles). i also need to make sure that everyone else in the squad are in sync of who is doing what. this leads to many problems in my day to day squad leading experience:

• annoying to have to remember the name of every role player while creating and sorting the subgroups
    • leads to mistakes in the group composition like accidently put the 2 healers on same subgroup or recruit more supports than i need
  • after sometime, if someone leave the party without telling what role he is (i.e. "g2g -qdps"), i need to verify what was his role
    • not always his subgroup members are talkative so i need to somehow figure it out
  • many times other members of squad are not in sync what roles they were assigned, so they whisper me or they just go whatever role they think they were assigned

i think we need an in game tool that can let commander mark roles for members in a way everyone can see who is supposed to do what.

is there any option for that which i am not aware of? if not, here are some solutions i suggest, but i am open for any other options:

• let commander set color of members in the squad panel, community will set itself common colors for common roles
  • let commander set effects for members of squad (less ideal, but will work the same as above)
  • let commander set position of members in the squad panel's subgroup (most left will be the healsupport, next is dps support and next is dps) - this will not solve all problems but is a step in the right direction
  • let commander set names for subgroups (i will call names for subgroups as the inner composition of it, again less ideal)

btw, the current option of marking players with the commander's marks (arrow, circle, heart) isn't good enough because it adds more mess to the already hard to read situation, and will not work while creating the squad, in which case most of the squad members are not near each other or even in the same place

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Agreed, I recently mentioned that in another thread about lfg too:

On 10/24/2023 at 6:25 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

(...) I think the easier and more useful idea would be to allow commander to mark people in their squads as whatever role, so they can easier see who's still missing (especially when someone leaves without a word).

I think the best option would be the one with marking players in squad panel, just adding some colors would be good enough.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

For being a somewhat casual friendly game, the 10 man group interface is lacking. For how important Strikes are as casual content, organizing pugs is a nightmare and relies on power gamers to be a smooth experience..

That ignore the fact that the tag itself is 14$ dollars  to purchase or a lot of hours of farming.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Stability says hello.

there is no permanent stability. There are traits and skills that add it (very) temporarily, often with a long cooldown, and it only helps if you cast it BEFORE you are feared.... but when like the Bladesworn elite skill is a 30 second charge, and your stability trait gave you a whopping 1 to 8 second duration, you effectively have no stability while you charge your elite skill unless you have a group of players around you granting boons over and over

It just makes fairly little sense.... you are "the champion" who has faced / battled six elder dragons, the god of war, and now demons..... and you wet your pants and run away scared when a zombie you just hit with an axe screams at you?

I get it... WvW and PvP should not get the permanent stability..... hell, make it only work in 'non current' content, so that you can still be feared in the most recent expansion (when ever you are playing), but the foes you have been killing literally for years in older maps should no longer make you run like a frightened toddler (if you had the relic equipped that is)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I feel there should be a difficulty rating of professions on the character creation page.
A difficulty rating would help both casual people and smart gamer people. 
For example:
I created a elementalist/tempest/weaver and quickly found that it was too technical to play for me as a casual player, I feel only smart gamer type people can handle this profession with all the swaps etc. so this profession could be labelled as hard.
I have a revenant/herald now and with all the passive boons its great for survivability so this proffession could be labelled as easy.
I just feel this would help out, thanks for consideration.

• Haha 1

With the upcoming alliance system there could be some potential QoL utilizing the alliance system regarding targeting in communication with your squad and or alliance.

What do I mean: OK, so short and sweet...you know how, that unless you are in the same subsquad of a person calling a target, that you cannot see the same target called? Nope, you cannot. Simply make an adjustment to have commander called targets seen by each subgroup for focuses.

The only way to get a similar effect for this is to place commander markers on targets but each person will still have to manually click on the target, through a sea of other enemies, in hopes of finding the marked target.

We need to have a Take Commander Target button, take target on Commander symbol marked target or something similar. Right now it's tab targeting or frantically clicking until we find the right person. This forces everyone in the same subgroup of a squad to take a called target or click click spammy spamming, (It's not fun) and causes subgroup combofield + boon priorities to get wonky.

OTHER SUGGESTION: with the alliance system I can see an alliance of commanders making markers and squads becoming very large past the squad cap, I suggest being able to make alliance mode targeting to where other commanders in the alliance were in be able to see the targets/markers of each other as well for further tuned communication. 

I'd be happy to clarify if needed to get this topic seen

This is also posted in the wvw section as a topic

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ollie B.8597 said:

I feel there should be a difficulty rating of professions on the character creation page.
A difficulty rating would help both casual people and smart gamer people. 
For example:
I created a elementalist/tempest/weaver and quickly found that it was too technical to play for me as a casual player, I feel only smart gamer type people can handle this profession with all the swaps etc. so this profession could be labelled as hard.
I have a revenant/herald now and with all the passive boons its great for survivability so this proffession could be labelled as easy.
I just feel this would help out, thanks for consideration.

There's a complexity rating on the Character Creation screen (1 - 3 dots):  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession#Professions

• Like 1

arc boontable solves some of that problem - you can see in outgoing tab who gives what boons (and how much) -you won't know if it was heal or dpsboon but you then know what other guy to ask if he is heal or dpsboon (and make the lfg accordingly). That only works if you did a fight with that grp ofc and not beforehand.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a tool that the commander can set up with roles he wants and also maybe even auto lfg for those + maybe requirements, but I don't see this happening and also can live with the existing workarounds if we get more content out of it (like devtime spent on content instead of lfg and or squadtool). Not sure but I just imagine this to be much work.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hadi.2430 said:

look at chat history problem solved 

Only partially. Its a 2 way communication and some players are slow to respond.

Also some will join stating multiple roles.

Color coding would be really nice. Ability for joining players to designate their current build role via icons in squad ui even better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/11/2023 at 8:21 PM, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

tackle box like the special inventory containers (20 slot craftsman's bag. 20 slot invisible bag) specifically for fish so that is easy and organized to stockpile rare fish for trading for ancient ambergris, easy to keep my catches seperate and organized from the rest of my stuff and also have all my bait in one place neatly. 

Another way this could go is an item taking up one inventory slot that all fishing related stuff and bait goes into. 

People who aren't super into fishing may not be aware but fishing eats a lot of inventory space and we have to organize everything manually.  I think it is the perfect thing to have a fishing dedicated container like we have crafting containers etc. 

They should honestly just add a section to the Fishing tab in the Hero panel called the "Tackle Box" which is a material storage-like area into which all types of bait up to a limit (such as 1000) and lures (maybe up to 4 of each type) can be deposited. Extra cool if other fishing-related items could be stored in the Tackle Box, such as any/all types of Fishing Power food.

That way, players could more seamlessly fish across multiple characters, instead of needing to dedicate 1 character to fishing or taking the time and energy to move bait and lures over (or holding them on multiple characters...) any time they want to fish on a different character.

Even if this was an unlockable that could be purchased in-game or from the Black Lion Trading Company, it would be a massive QoL improvement for anyone that fishes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Only partially. Its a 2 way communication and some players are slow to respond.

Also some will join stating multiple roles.

Color coding would be really nice. Ability for joining players to designate their current build role via icons in squad ui even better.

I also think that icons might be the better solution, as color-coding is already used for class and boss mechanics.

• Haha 1

With story missions, especially expansion could you make that each reward item would be account bound, soulbind on use. And also each reward will be 1time per character.

Generally my main character very soon is gear up, so rewards are nevery useful fot it, however alts could benefit, i just need to transfer it.

The other part is that initially item could seem useless, but in future i can have another character with build which would use that item (lets say hammers). So it would be nice if i can run again story with different character to get all the rewards.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why would you implement such a permanent unchangeable visual effect on any class? I heard the berserkers have a red glow on their hands and a lot of people are hating that as well.
Instead please give us an option to toggle it off. That way it would be 1 less thing to render for your game, and 1 less eyesore for people who doesn't like it, and those who like it can toggle it on. Win - Win - Win situation for all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm gonna assume you don't play any pvp style game mode at all where skill usages and states get communicated via visual effects and animations. It would break the game if removed. Imagine not being able to see what a strike boss was casting.

Engineers used to have "hobo sacks" so opponents could tell which kits they were in. It got changed eventually to what was being held in the characters hands.

/shrug

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm gonna assume you don't play any pvp style game mode at all where skill usages and states get communicated via visual effects and animations. It would break the game if removed. Imagine not being able to see what a strike boss was casting.

Are you telling me you look at the tiny little particle effect on a player's wrists to tell which attunement or legend a player is currently channeling in the middle of a PvP match

Also OP suggested it as an optional toggle - obviously standard models in competitive modes would always have it on if you somehow do actually want to use such a tiny visual effect to get information from your opponents

Edited by Shaman.2034
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

Are you telling me you look at the tiny little particle effect on a player's wrists to tell which attunement or legend a player is currently channeling in the middle of a PvP match

Also OP suggested it as an optional toggle - obviously standard models in competitive modes would always have it on if you somehow do actually want to use such a tiny visual effect to get information from your opponents

I'm telling you what it's for. Nothing more. If it's such a tiny effect hard to see, as you suggest, how is it ruining someone's look then? He zooming in to admire himself constantly or something?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is hard to see in combat, unnoticeable even. I however like to stand in town and anywhere else where the view is good (pretty much everywhere in-game) and admire my character from a close up view (and take pictures) which motivates me to play the game more, and everything is perfect except for the unmatching glowy hand color.

Also a side note: This game earns a lot because of Convenience, and, FASHION. So please let people be as fashionable as they want without these unchangeable visual effects.

Edited by Zeperio.4853
edited for better clarification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1