[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Nash.3974 said:

@phokus.8934 said:Having mouse customizations will be my biggest change to make. Far too often the mouse gets lost in combat!

You should try out yolomouse, it’s my fav addon for Gw2 and it’s completely legit. I‘ve been using this for a few years already, you have a lot of ways to customize your mouse.

Where we can read about confirmation that this is legit. I may use something similar.

I really like the idea that the team had with pushing fewer expansions, by keeping the systems upgrades, storyline, and map introduction to the Living Story. That said however, I would still like to see expansions released for major overhauls and client upgrades. A good example of this could be a further overhaul of the graphics engine to support VR and integrating client support for other operating systems like Linux.

Hi,Considering that some novelties can be purchased for free with Sarettokk upon completion of an achievement (e.g. the Chair for Chairs of the World), could you do the same for these following novelties that could be obtained upon completion of historic achievements?

My QoL idea is to make it optional to buy a mount that is offered for free (after awhile). Like the Beetle Mount. I spent, no, wasted 1,5 day now, looking, waiting.Thinking collecting the saddle would be the final step. Unfortunately there's another collecting phase. And there we go again....I'd rather see the Beetle available in store, a few months after it has been released.I'd rather pay 20 euro, which is a little more than 2 hours at work than spending maybe 20 hours (because I'm not done yet collecting) of my free time on getting a mount.The griffon already took a long time to collect, and now another mount that takes hours and hours of non-recreational gameplay.At least make it optional, please.

Build templates please, as this is long overdue.Unlimited in game mails to mutual friends and possibly guild members as well.Book shelf or library for tomes and booksAn increase to the magic cap where it will cost 40,000 points of essences to gain 1% magic find until 400% is reached. To go further with this 50,000 points for each additional percent to go from 400% to 500%.

I know that what I'm about to post is more about game balance and less on the QoL side. Also, it's unlikely that what I'll post will ever be implemented, but I just wanted to post in a place where somebody from Anet will see.

I'm not a dungeon or a raid player who enjoys doing nothing but fight after fight after fight after fight... I'm a world player who enjoys exploring the world in casual and relaxing environment, meaning I like less emphasis on constant forced fights so I can have more variety. Unfortunately, the aggro behavior in PoF means that in some situations, all I'm doing is being forced to fight a dozen enemies that chain pull one after another. PoF enemies have ridiculously big aggro range, have big density in a tight space, respawn too fast, and chase for too long.

I was doing PoF story yesterday. I'm too upset to bother to look up the name of the story mission, but it involved me looking for clues in a small village in the Crystal Oasis. Because of the aggro behavior I mentioned above, I constantly ended up fighting half a dozen enemies at a time. After begrudgingly chain killing all enemies in the village (about 20 enemies), I continued to look for clues, only for enemies to respawn. Again, due to the aggro range, I ended up constantly chain pulling respawned enemy after respawned enemy after respawned enemy. After clearing the camp for the 2nd time and continuing to look for clues, enemies respawned AGAIN and I again entered chain respawn fight after chain respawn fight. Needless to say, eventually, I was out of healing and died. I cannot even begin to explain how annoying this was.

Later in the story, I was in a mission where I had a Charr and a Sylvari NPC as my allies. I'd see that there are a lot of enemies clumped together. Since it's not smart to pull everything, I tried to pull the closest enemy with my ranged weapon. Oh, hey, my stupid NPC allies dash into melee range and pull all the enemies in the entire area. After disposing of the melee enemies, I tried to pull the remaining ranged enemies by moving away. But look, my NPC allies are charging in toward the ranged enemies, which in turn, aggroes even more enemies due to the ridiculous aggro range of PoF enemies... The entire mission was an effing mess where I constantly had to deal with like a dozen enemies at a time that constantly got pulled by my NPC allies due to aggro range and density of mobs in PoF...

Yet later in the story, I was navigating looking for crystal shards of a dragon. I got knocked off my mount and was surrounded by more than half a dozen enemies from the right and left. I took down the melee enemies, then moved toward the ranged enemies on the left side to finish them off since my melee weapon set is better for quickly AOEing enemies down. Again, due to the big aggro range, moving to kill ranged enemies on the left side aggroed enemies that were further off to the left. After killing the ranged enemies to the left, I couldn't run towards the enemies further off to the left, as doing so would aggro even more enemies that are even further down to the left. So, I had no choice but to let the newly aggroed enemies pound on me while I went for the ranged enemies on the right. Of course, getting in range to attack the enemies to the right meant I aggroed enemies that were further off to the right. Eventually, I had no more healing and had no choice but to die, and run all the way back from a waypoint 1/3 of a map away...

Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated by my experience in PoF. This just isn't fun. The ridiculous aggro range is ruining the game for me. I had so much fun in Core Tyria with mounts that I spent more money in 2 months of this game than I have ever spent in any other game. 1 hour in PoF with some bad luck makes me completely regret spending all that money on this game... I have no problems with some areas or some maps being combat heavy. However, having all of PoF have such ridiculous aggro range just ruins the fun of exploring the world. Players already have to fight a LOT in the game. Is it such a crime to be able to explore PoF maps with less forced fights when the player is not in the mood to spend so much time with forced chain fights after forced chain fights after forced chain fights?

Minor, weird QOL details:

1. Bank tabs - moveableMake them able to be move up or down, so you can shuffle them around

2. LFG tab - lock/returnAdd a way to lock/remember a specific tab, so that you auto return to that tab until you unlock or pick a different tabIt's annoying having to go through the choices to constantly check if that one niche thing you're looking for has a group or not

3. Black Lion Trading Post - search for unlocked skinsI want to see the things I don't have unlocked so I can unlock them, and filter out the ones already unlocked

4. Dyes - exoticJust reclassify gem store exclusive dyes as exotic instead of rare, mostly for ease in trading post

Here's my list of QoL recommendations.

• Add a drop down menu by the mini-map that would allow players to switch instances in case of a bugged event (for a hero point or other PvE event)
  • Allow account bound tonics like the Endless Choya Dance Tonic to be tradable or gifted to other players
  • Add an option to change the background screen and music theme in the Character Selection Screen, ex: use the HoT music theme but with the PoF background screen
  • Allow guilds in the guild slot area in the Guild Tab to be moved around, ex: move your Guild in /g4 to the spot in /g1

Please add templates. Dye and trait templates. So that we can have a choice in multiple color schemes at the click of a button, or so we don't have to change our traits everytime we want to change our specialization. It seems like something that could easily be implemented. I think people have been asking for this since release.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:
  1. Would be nice if the beetle didn't have to smash through the volatile magic crystals to collect them and thereby dismount you. Once you get the mastery to collect the crystal, it would be neat to just drive over them and keep going. Or make that another mastery tier above the existing one - always happy to have new masteries.

It already does, but you have to be moving at purple speed or higher. Watch the exhaust trail of the saddle. It changes colour from blue through to purple through to a sort of yellow-brown-orange (YBO) colour as you pick up speed. Once it reaches purple, if you can keep it there, you'll pick up VM crystals by driving through them. (In fact, originally that was the only way to pick them up because it wouldn't do it from the "1" attack-dismount skill.)

(In general, getting past purple to the the YBO colour only happens during and for a while after the "jump key" boost or on long downhill stretches, of which there aren't many.)

I wasn't aware that was possible. Thank you!

A small request: I recently got the Charr Rock guitar I've been waiting for courtesy of the novelty box (thank you!) but there's two things that would make it even better:

1. Reduce the cool-downs on the notes. I can play Seven Nation Army on it but it currently sounds like somebody taking their first guitar lesson. The temp needs to be quicker.

2. A second or two after you've stopped playing, the toon goes from the playing pose back to the combat-ready(?) or relaxed or whatever it is pose, where he's holding the guitar in one hand at his side. It looks strange. Would it be possible to either i) always have the guitar in play pose, or ii) once you've played any notes keep it in play pose, or iii) maybe toggle between play/rest mode with the combat toggle key? (If the last one is already possible, I apologise. I just thought of it and haven't tried it yet.)

I was just writing in the Halloween thread and had an idea to suggest...

Cosmetic Upgrades to Home Instance nodes

The king-sized candy corn node is an upgrade to the candy-corn node to make it look bigger and give more candy corn. All well and good. But how awesome would it be if you could upgrade other nodes, at least cosmetically?There could be a vendor or vendors who sell cosmetic upgrades to specific nodes (or perhaps a generic node upgrader for a higher price than a specific node upgrade). The upgrades would not affect the output, to avoid disrupting the economy. But they would make the nodes look bigger, more detailed or add effects.

For example, the currently lack-luster brandstone node could be upgraded to a "Sparking brandstone node" which has some cracking electricity arcing here and there. It would then make sense why the original brandstone node looks so dull. The equally lackluster Aurilium node could get bigger and give off some kind of golden glow. The wintersday tree is already good, but upgraded it could have extra wintersday ornaments around it or maybe spin around.

This would be fun for collectors (like myself) and could be a draw-card for people to invite others to their home instances to show off their bling.

@Briareos.1865 said:

@Mea.5491 said:Salvage minor/major runes/sigils into Dust which takes only 1 slot instead of 9000 and it's sellable to merchants for a few Copper.ORRemove minor/major runes/sigils from dropped gear.

Yes pls. Or change those minor runes and sigil to selectable stats so we could just have a single stack

Jotun alphabet: every rune you get will complete a part of it, when you get to a certain level of runes, it will increase your karma trate gain permanently.

On the topic of runes/sigils, Final Fantasy online has an interesting system they do with material that might work here. FF uses materia in place of runes...same general idea though.

In FFXIV, you can trade 5 materia and get 1 back. The new materia will not be any of the ones put in and has a small chance to become higher grade. With enough low grade materia, you can try to get several better materia and in turn try to get even better materia. It isn’t too hard to trade say, 50 junk materia to get 1 or 2 good ones back... it isn't really profitable, but it is a good use of junk to get something useful.

In GW terms, trade 4 different runes to the forge, get 1 (possibly of higher level). The bad point is GW has such a huge variety of runes that it is hard to game the system unless presented with randomly generated choices.

I would like an optional on/off button for idle animations (this would not affect other players), either at the game settings or a new 'idle animations' tab in the Total Makeover Kit! I managed to make a clipping-free mix-n-match armor set for my Sylvari but I still have clipping issues with weapons and back items only during the arm swing idle animation! It would be a huge quality of life improvement for me if I could turn the idle animations off.ALSO, while we're at weapon clipping, I would like an option to hide weapons out of combat. Again, this would be optional and wouldn't affect other players. :heart:

As others have mentioned, I would love to see some UI customizability.

The ability to hide screen elements (like activity tracker in the top right, map, etc.) until mouseover would be huge.A smaller, minimal action bar would look good too. Giving the user granular control over hiding boons, conditions, and endurance would help give the game more screen real estate.Hiding non-party (or all) nameplates unless I'm holding Alt/Ctrl will help clean up the screen during huge world events too... allowing the user to get a better idea of how battles are progressing.

To see just how immersive this game is when UI elements are out of the way, try using the Hide UI during Tequatl. It's fantastic!

To second some other comments here, I'd really like to see an option for auto-salvage and auto-deposit of mats. Perhaps this could be tied behind a Core Tyria mastery, like auto-loot?

Thanks!