[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If you are being honest about helping, then YES you should waste your time doing it because anyone who is honest about helping people understands there is going to be a wide variety of players they are likely going to encounter while doing so and in the end, helping these people expands the pool of players you can enjoy the game with. 

The other option ... keep pointing the finger at everyone else to meet your expectations for gameplay, continue excluding people from your optimal teams and watch the decline of instanced team content decline while blaming the game for not giving you tools to segregate yourself further. 

> Join party/squad
> Inspect gear of everyone
> Find a person using a weird hodpodge build with weird gear
> Send a tell their way "Hey friend, I noticed your gear is unfocused, has levels all over the place, and the rarity is all weird. I can help make you something that fits the build you want if you like."
> Person either tells you off "OMG you looked at my gear! >:C" or goes "Oh yeah, IDK what to use."

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Trolling people and wasting their time is toxic. The only people that have issues with gear check in an instanced PvE setting are those who are looking for a carry. That's toxic. 

Yeah I'm just being dramatic and throwing out the same argumentation that was put towards me.  I, personally, see no issue with being able to see someone's gear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

People who lie don't want help. We're trying to isolate the trolls and liars. That's the point of gear check.

Sure, because those people likely DIDN'T ASK for your help to elicit you to question them about their builds in the first place. That's not help, that's being imposing. I'm not questioning the point of the gear check; I'm certain of how EXACTLY how most people would use it, even just simply based on the reasoning people ask for the tool itself. My point is that the behaviour you are describing here is a good example of why it likely doesn't exist. 

My favourite part is where you label them as trolls and liars because they didn't take your 'help'. How rude of them. 🙄

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

> Join party/squad
> Inspect gear of everyone
> Find a person using a weird hodpodge build with weird gear
> Send a tell their way "Hey friend, I noticed your gear is unfocused, has levels all over the place, and the rarity is all weird. I can help make you something that fits the build you want if you like."
> Person either tells you off "OMG you looked at my gear! >:C" or goes "Oh yeah, IDK what to use."

Anyone that is truly helpful in this game isn't waiting on Anet to provide them a gearcheck feature to help people so the reasoning that it would be used to help others is pretty absurd. Plus the fact that I have YET to see someone request a gearcheck feature, simply  because they are just a good Samaritan. 

But sure, let's pretend all the people asking for gearcheck aren't doing it to make optimal teams on LFG and just want to help people. 🙄

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Good story but ... more like ...

>inspect gear

>get kicked because doesn't play how people think they should.

That's also true.

But you're also not entitled to other people's time, so they're completely in their right to kick someone from their group if they don't meet their standards be it gear, class, or experience.

19 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Anyone that is truly helpful in this game isn't waiting on Anet to provide them a gearcheck feature to help people. Notice, not a single person asking for gearcheck here is doing it because they are the most helpful people in the game. Those people ALREADY figured out how to help others without gearcheck. 

Hi, it's me, Andifulated.  I like helping people with builds and content, but I also have problems wording things in ways that shows my intent.  I'd love to be able to rule out gear as a problem without having to rely on people being "Honest" because I've been burned by trusting people to actually have the builds set up for the encounter

Also a no true scotsman fallacy.  I believe I'm done here.  You can get the last word in, but I've had more productive discussions with the skritt outside Rata Sum.

Edited by Andifulated.3482
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

That's also true.

But you're also not entitled to other people's time, so they're completely in their right to kick someone from their group if they don't meet their standards be it gear, class, or experience.

Sure ... and if someone is sensitive to that, they already have ways to make teams to address THEIR sensitivities. The responsibility to be in a team that fits a player's needs ... is on the PLAYER, not others, especially if they are particularly sensitive to ... whatever. If they don't like that burden, it's not up to Anet to address that for them with features like gearcheck.  

29 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

Hi, it's me, Andifulated.  I like helping people with builds and content, but I also have problems wording things in ways that shows my intent.  I'd love to be able to rule out gear as a problem without having to rely on people being "Honest" because I've been burned by trusting people to actually have the builds set up for the encounter

Also a no true scotsman fallacy.  I believe I'm done here.  You can get the last word in, but I've had more productive discussions with the skritt outside Rata Sum.

A few people that MIGHT use this gearcheck tool to help people (which they are likely already helping people WITHOUT it) does in no way offset the majority of people trying to make optimal teams in LFG that would use it to filter undesirable players from their teams. No true Scotsman indeed. 

Again, explain to me why these players, who are particularly sensitive to teaming with non-optimal players, are deserving of a filtering tool for making teams when they WILLINGLY choose to use LFG, literally opening themselves up to exposing themselves to team mates of every kind you can imagine? You can't explain it, because they aren't deserving of such a tool, any more than anyone else that has requirements when they build a team. 

The whole argument for a gear check feature for these players is based on their belief their requirements for teaming are special, exceptional, and more important than anyone else's. They aren't.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 1/23/2023 at 5:54 PM, nagoL.3701 said:

Gotcha, it def makes sense when looking at it in that perspective. 

Social viewing would be cool and thank you for the background knowledge 😉 

+1 from me that you allowed considering both opt-in and opt-outs though I think you already saw how that might an issue. Now to some of the posts after if it was for cosmetics only then maybe you might see more positives but then people will question the ROI versus just having people ask the question in a say or whisper, which is valid. Now forgive some of my next posts to others as you didn't indicate game mode. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Big YES to gearcheck

HI! Big no. And I say this to support the PvE players that might run into issues. A bigger No since in WvW why should you be able to access my build to adjust yours to try and fight me again? No you need to build out better and know you build. See how assumptions work. OP never mentioned game mode.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

To address your a) here.  Different groups have different goals. To just clear the content once, 5k to 6k DPS isn't an issue.  To do repeated clears and more advanced skips (And get weekly CMs on raids / Daily CMs on fractals), you'll need to do at least twice that DPS and that's where doing 5k DPS (About the same as your standard optimized support healer), is definitely not pulling your weight.

Gamewise/mechanically those 5-6k dps players  , are given "ok" by the game itself , if the can clear the hardest boss .Raiders are the ones feeling that the 5-6k dps are dragging down their team . If some groups have those  expectations , we enable inspect +dps addon some specific areas + give those peole the tools needed (enable in instances + guild perks that you can see guild members ... so we cultivate a happy community )  .

Spoiler

And we should copy the mechanic of the LFG discorse (choose a role + wait for a popup that starts the group ....... no need to stare and get comfused by raid sellers , by looking in the LFG)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

On 1/23/2023 at 10:27 PM, Solvar.7953 said:

An inspect skins (what skin the different armor/weapons are) is different than what is usually assumed with expect gear (what stats, runes, infusions, etc the item has).

I would be fine with an inspect skins, but not an inspect gear.

Agree, but not sure of the coding cost, and agree we should need to think about that but we do need to consider what that means isn't coded for instead of the change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The game is designed for people to work together. Not to leach off each other. 

Here in lies the problem. The game is not, in 2 of 3 play modes the game is designed to fight each other. When you allow inspections you allow people to gain info while they attack each other. The OP never listed this as in just PvE. I believe you are coming at this from that side but this affect the other play modes. So no, -1 here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/25/2023 at 12:51 AM, Nephalem.8921 said:

Oh no people might expect you to wear group builds in group content. the horror! What is more toxic? A player expecting a decent build in strikes/fractals or your average open world player joining in full cele boost gear expecting a carry?

Again, this is one of three game modes. if I am roaming in WvW, grouped in sPvP, and attacking enemy players why do I want them or even my side reviewing my gear?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I don't care what someone runs, as long as they bring the performance desired and that is absolutely reflected with a proper dps meter. If someone then feels comfortable to share their build, more power to them.

Meta....lol that word by itself should be your warning bell. Meta means quite often someone got sold on buying a bridge. Off meta builds become meta once players show how well they do and then suddenly meta changes. Don't by into the hype. And assuming someone equips builds that others have up voted doesn't mean they will do well on them. Gear inspection does nothing to show that a player knows the rotation. Add to that all three game modes and its even worse. Great you accepted that paper tiger to you WvW warband and they died at the gate guards. WTW, BTW are Meta. No lol. Will agree with Cyninja, players that know their build will do better in most game modes over those that just equip they don't know about because some random websites that was rated by 5 players said it was Meta. And again the OP never said what game mode and since people really haven't restricted where this would be used, no thanks.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

With how much ascended gear (Trinkets, weapons, armor) has stat selection on it these days and with the amount of new prefixes that can be mixed and matched for optimization, it's kinda getting a bit obnoxious to tell someone about your build

Correct, but again that issue is directly linked to API oversight. 

10 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure, because those people likely DIDN'T ASK for your help to elicit you to question them about their builds in the first place. That's not help, that's being imposing. I'm not questioning the point of the gear check; I'm certain of how EXACTLY how most people would use it, even just simply based on the reasoning people ask for the tool itself. My point is that the behaviour you are describing here is a good example of why it likely doesn't exist. 

My favourite part is where you label them as trolls and liars because they didn't take your 'help'. How rude of them. 🙄

No they're trolls and liars because they come in with an assortment of yellows and say they have experience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

as often happens in these kind of threads it gets sidetracked into raid chat by raiders.  The OP was not explicitly referring to raids,  but to clarify, 95% of GW2 content does not need gear checks - maybe skin checks would be nice though.  As for raids, some raiders like this kind of thing so as long as the check is technically confined to raids and it does not bleed out into the rest of the game then fair enough the toxicity will be limited.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563

6 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Gamewise/mechanically those 5-6k dps players  , are given "ok" by the game itself , if the can clear the hardest boss .Raiders are the ones feeling that the 5-6k dps are dragging down their team . If some groups have those  expectations , we enable inspect +dps addon some specific areas + give those peole the tools needed (enable in instances + guild perks that you can see guild members ... so we cultivate a happy community )  .

Reveal hidden contents

And we should copy the mechanic of the LFG discorse (choose a role + wait for a popup that starts the group ....... no need to stare and get comfused by raid sellers , by looking in the LFG)

Friend, you've missed my point  People who repeatedly play content for rewards don't want to spend the full 10 - 15 minutes to enrage to defeat a boss.  They want it dead in 2-4 minutes and move on to the next kill.  They have the right to play with like-minded people, who have the right builds, gear, and experience, just like you have a right to build your own groups with your own requirements.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

I would rather have a way to inspect if player wants to inspect other people gear - this way I could just ignore gear-inspecting elitists  😜

I'd be satisfied with a way to ping both build and gear with out having to jump through several hoops (Save build to build storage, copy code, paste code, then ping every piece of equipment or write out what every piece of equipment is because the API doesn't support showing the selection on equipment with stat selections).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

Friend, you've missed my point  People who repeatedly play content for rewards don't want to spend the full 10 - 15 minutes to enrage to defeat a boss.  They want it dead in 2-4 minutes and move on to the next kill.  They have the right to play with like-minded people, who have the right builds, gear, and experience, just like you have a right to build your own groups with your own requirements.

Yeah and by giving an official dps + inspect addon , supported by the company , we aknoleghe the ned of those people to find same minded people .I only ask to be in instances or a guild perk (can see the people from that guild  or other guild that unlocked it).

It would foster a community , by having the "trustworthy" people in 1-2 mega guilds , rather than using the Discorse server

While the rest of the game is unaffected

(It would be better to use this (waste 4months resources)  , than push and waste reources all the time when people to use LI builds and later on others cry if Teapot used it )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6