[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I don't know how anyone thought about it as a good idea during playtest. This is the first thing it came into my mind, that there should be a "pressing f to use ley-line" option. But being forced to use it once you touch it, is so garbage as you mostly end up at the wrong end of the map, because it is hard to get off it. This really needs to be fixed.  I hope they don't put it as new mastery in the next expansion, lol.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, Blude.6812 said:

I suspect that this will get the same response from Anet as the requests to being able to turn off/on gliding.

There is a keybinding for it. For example I have to press the spacebar to activate gliding and when I press it again it stops gliding. 🙂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frostfang.5109 said:

Junk trophies

Please get rid of "glob of globby goo" and similar junk trophies! They are so pointless!! Make them copper drops instead. Only keep the trophies that are actually used for something such as collections etc. 

That would ruin the Jade Bot recycler chips.... Using these, you can automatically have all the junk transformed into the five things below, depending on what you want/need

• Bloodstone
  • Dragonite 
  • Empyreal Fragments
  • Jade Slivers

If you want gold, you save them and sell them at a vendor. The easiest way to do that is have an oiled bag that collects them all between sellings.

• Like 1

The game needs more cows. As ranger pets. Minis and NPCs. Mounts! Guild Hall decorations. Home instance inhabitants (like all those cats). Cow-themed outfits, armors, and weapons (especially a warhorn that goes MOOOO). Emotes. There should be a Cow Lodge in Hoelbrak. Cow bobble heads in that damned box o' fun thing. A Relic of the Bos Taurus that summons a Herd of Cows to stampede over enemies. A jump puzzle in which we are transformed into cows and must jump over the moon!  Cow Dancing Adventures. Craftable items to cleanse any and all varieties of barnyard/pasture stinkiness. Cows, I tell you. Cows.

And opossums.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

it only sucks when you are on griffon and not on skyscale.. cause you don't have a skill to move forward to leave it like on the skyscale.. i think they could add a mastery to have something similar so we dont get stuck on the ley line and go back to where we were by mistake lol

• Like 1

There should be more granular control over the HUD 'Objectives' section.

Specifically, a way to pin the Wizard's Vault Objectives (the read out with the % completed) to the top right corner. Not only for the daily, but also the weekly and special.... independently.

Along with this, allow users to hide 'story' and 'special events' sections independently as well.

Like a check-box in the UI settings area or something. That way, if you are the type of player that tries to complete all those challenges, you can have it shown always, and if you don't do those, or don't focus on them, not have it shown.

Currently it is "show area" and "hide area" only.... you can not really choose what goes there though (aside from what to watchlist, which does not include the Wizards Vault objectives)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Specifically, a way to pin the Wizard's Vault Objectives (the read out with the % completed) to the top right corner. Not only for the daily, but also the weekly and special.... independently.

Along with this, allow users to hide 'story' and 'special events' sections independently as well.

While you are at it, don't forget the option to hide the Wizard's Toilet as well.

And put the login daily in a wiggly box about the minimap, so people can just get the 5 currency by right clicking the wiggly box and thus bypass the awful, mobile game inspired UI.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

A few things on my list i'd like to see.

1. A gem shop Portal Folder item that we can put all our passes portals and portal books and portal items into. I mean im building up quite a stack of portal books and portal items. they take up my entire maxed out shared inventory at this point.

2. Upgraded skyscale dash. would rly make the final touch for the skyscale to give a mastery that upgrades its dash with a third bar and longer distance dash like the raptor or the jackal mount dashes get.

3. Aesthetic slot separate from helm for tattoo, glasses and glowing eye helm items. would be nice to wear glasses with my favorite helm or have glowing eyes with a crown etc. They separated them in GW1 so it'd be nice to see a repeat of that action in GW2.

The home instance is massive and disorderly,could it be made some changes? Plan an separated area,players have their own yard and houses which can be customized(like european,egypt,or cantha style),place furnitures,plant flowers,etc...and you should knock the door if you want join the train to mining nodes. 🙂

• Haha 2

Probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll try anyway:

How about changing armor rigs of every armor to the same type or say, outfit? It is A LOT OF WORK - I know. But it would allow SO MUCH in terms of fashion for the players and possible ways of income for the devs! Many, MANY outfits would work amazingly as armor sets and players would gladly pay a hefty penny for that option!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can you please remake the SotO achievement "find the shrine guardians" at least one; all like the rock or smash?

The "series of checkpoints" are a nightmare to do.

NOT all of us has the Ultimate acceleron 10+ core computer; with a mega ultra nvidia gforce 9999.9999 ultra mega tetra bite , accelerator, phosphorion megatron max, latest computer.

Some of us are working class, with bills to pay , and do have othet expences besides GW2.

So, we cannot afford to run the game without getting atrocious lag, and are not able to complete this.

Amnytas also lags to death... almost to a 1920 slideshow, with 0000.p01 fps, prehistoric dinosaur radio shack performance. 

So, please consider us 

Not all of us are RICH mummy and daddy boys and girls with yhe latest tech and ultimate €2000 computer.

If it's not too much to ask... please consider us, and fix the dam lag.

Yours truly.

Thank you very much.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The new design philosophy that has been spoken about in the Studio Updates, suggests a desire to encourage players to delve into core content and other expansions rather than just focusing on new maps and new expansions. Given that masteries also function beyond their original expansions, it seems logical to let players progress on a mastery track outside the exclusive zones of those expansions, provided they've purchased the relevant content.

Currently, if I want to advance an expansion exclusive mastery track, I'm limited to expansion exclusive maps. Ideally, I should be able to choose any mastery track I've gained access to and play wherever I wish to earn xp progression towards that mastery, rather than being restricted to particular areas.

While it's reasonable to earn mastery points in the expansion zones related to them – promoting exploration and engagement with new content – the subsequent experience progression feels unnecessarily restrictive. The current system feels outdated and opposes the intent to enhance the core game experience. How? If playing in maps outside of an expansion hinders my ability to progress, then all of that content becomes immediately obsolete. This, ironically, shortens my engagement time with any new expansion because it results in content burnout at an accellerated pace.

Without flexibility, every new mastery track inadvertently escalates this sense of obsoletion, at least for me as a player who is primarily motivated by systems that promote shorter feedback loops for a sense of progression. Like leveling and mastery tracks. If I choose to engage in activities in previous zones, it feels like a halt in my progression since any XP gained outside new maps feels like a missed opportunity.

P.S. LET ME DYE MY WEAPONS! Thanks. ❤️

Edited by Sondergaard.8469
  • Confused 1

We need more hairy chest options for human male characters in this game. It's a sick joke that the hairiest my character can be is a sad excuse of a testosterone deficit. 90% of the chests are shaved for some reason and the ones that have hair let's be honest have less hair than a naked mole rat. I have about 4x the chest coverage of hair than my character does and this is a HUGE problem. I would also like more armors that show off said chest hair. Some deep V's are in order. The women characters get to run around with their chests jiggling and wearing mini skirts I just want a deep V and more chest hair. You think my Ranger has had time to shave his chest in the past year? Let alone even shower? Forget about it. This sexism needs to end. If I can't make my character look like me when I go to the grocery store then what is this all really about anyways?

Edited by Mount Mazama.2917
added human specifically. inb4 just play charr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Greetings, 

I am writing this as a plea to the developers to stop this new "bitcoin" of the Supreme runes of holding. People trying to get their 32 slot bags are met with a huge problem, the supreme rune of holding witch can be dropped only by gambling or bought off the Trading Post. I suggest it is added to the crafting discipline vendor like all the rest of be aquired by other means other than gambling.

Its really troublesome that someone can spend 150gold for 400gems as of today (dont know about the future) and get minimum  +20 slots of inventory space with the bag slot expansion, while to increase from 20-32 for one bag costs more than 250gold at this time(maybe tommorow it will cost more),and that is only if you buy them outright from the Trading post, if you decide to gamble for them the cost is astronomical.

All i am asking is that this is considered for a possible change in the aquisition of the Supreme rune of holding. 

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Salonikios.3154
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

OPEN-WORLD PVP OPTION

Idea is to make a few servers with open world pvp, or an optional setting that when turned on, places you into a shard where pvp in the open world is possible. Only people with the setting turned on would be in this pvp-only shard. No teams, but grouping and sharding as a group possible. Maybe no squad support in the beginning, to see how it pans out. Or squad play can be limited to current WvW / team oriented fight style.

Just a wild and open-world pvp experience for pvp players, 100% optional. Cities could be safe zones, or even towns. Feel this would bring life back into every zone in the game. Could even add in a reward system somehow, or mini-events that pop up in diff maps, to keep a variance in the content. Would be WvW gear/specs/talents, etc, to keep it wild. Far more immersion for pvp players to be able to sort of live in the world of Tyria finally. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:01 PM, Sky.3460 said:

Dear Arenanet,
I am not sure who or where to address this, but I guess here in the forums I will make my first ever post.
I have loved GW2. I have been playing for over 10 years. I have put literally thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. When I found out that for 11 years of playing we would not be receiving a title, I was completely heartbroken. For those of us who have been playing since the beginning, those "birthday" titles are one of the main motivators to continue playing. The titles represent all of the time and energy that has been put into the world of GW2.
For me, it feels as though the focus of Arenanet has completely shifted towards gaining new players, while forgetting about those of us who have kept the game running and relevant for the past 10+ years.
There is nothing more valuable to me in the game than that exclusive, yearly title. I feel as though for the very first time I have a reason to pull back from GW2. I feel completely unappreciated as a player.
I hope that this message get's passed along to the right eyes. I apologize if I come across as whiney or ungrateful but this has absolutely devastated me. 
I beg you to reconsider and add a title for 11 years of playing. Those of us who have supported and endorsed the game for over a decade truly deserve it.

Ty as always,

Sky

Thank you Sky!  ❤️  Thank you for so perfectly putting my feelings and thoughts into words.  My real birthday is August 24th, and every year I anxiously look forward to finding out what my new title is.  I have been terribly sad since the 11 year anniversary.

I have a pretty serious genetic disorder that has caused many health challenges.  As a result, I don't have much of a life and am trapped at home in bed when things get bed.....hence since GW2 began I have put in 11,443 hours of my life playing Guild Wars 2That is well over a YEAR of my LIFE dedicated to playing this game .... and then some.  It's literally the ONLY pc or console game I play.  

I have always loved getting the new title and getting to show it off, and this year was heart breaking.  PLEASE Anet ... PLEASE retroactively give us 11 year b-day titles and resume doing annual titles for your most loyal players!  Please show your love for us as we have shown ours for you.  I think many would agree that the title was the favorite part of our annual gift by FAR.

Sommer

😢

gw024.jpg.10e6c5f67b2a5be9fee149a33daad1c5.jpg

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/files/file/4-11-years-old-and-sad-no-title/

Edited by SommerTurtle.6082
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kite.5327 said:

OPEN-WORLD PVP OPTION

Idea is to make a few servers with open world pvp, or an optional setting that when turned on, places you into a shard where pvp in the open world is possible. Only people with the setting turned on would be in this pvp-only shard. No teams, but grouping and sharding as a group possible. Maybe no squad support in the beginning, to see how it pans out. Or squad play can be limited to current WvW / team oriented fight style.

Just a wild and open-world pvp experience for pvp players, 100% optional. Cities could be safe zones, or even towns. Feel this would bring life back into every zone in the game. Could even add in a reward system somehow, or mini-events that pop up in diff maps, to keep a variance in the content. Would be WvW gear/specs/talents, etc, to keep it wild. Far more immersion for pvp players to be able to sort of live in the world of Tyria finally. 

Gw2 dont have servers like this its all on the same pve server it just spin up more map shards if needed for the area your in.