[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

13 minutes ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Snip

You would think "/stuck" would bump you straight up higher than a jump to get you free, or move your toon like 20 units laterally to the side to get you unstuck, without actually moving you 1/2 way across the map. Alternately, transport you like 3o units directly up so it is like an air drop in the Drizzlewood Coast map.

Yea people would totaly not abuse that to map break or cheese jump puzzles etc at all.

19 hours ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

While I can certainly see that a Norn or Charr player would actually benefit from being shrunk (cause the big toons are harder to use on JPs than the small ones, and Charr move funny), it being forced on ONLY those classes is wrong. An option to choose it would be preferred.

other options... just as absurd as forcing shrinking potions on specific races:

• How bout you do JPs as a large toon and stop worrying about what other players do.
  • Force apply Endless Embiggening Tonic on all them puny Asura, Sylvari and Human toons so they are big and cumbersome like Norns, making the JP harder on them
  • Transmutate all players into generic Asura and apply cripple (so native Asura players are inconvenienced by the change too) for all JP zones

Yeah, all those absurd options suck.... so does forcing a shrink on larger players.

The only forced option that could be applied equally would be for a RNG based transmutation to a random generic NPC body. You would have a 1 in 5 chance (so 20%) that you get transformed into the same race, and an 80% chance you would have to adjust "on the fly" to the new size and movement style. The only way to change those odds would be to run as a Human or Sylvari, since they are the same size and general movement, giving you a 40% chance of not having to adapt and a 60% chance of having to deal with it.

To paraphrase - "Watch me makes a strawman argument that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was originally said."

Yes, forced, I have done JPs and similar on Norns and Charrs and that's infinitely easier than being another race and having your vision blocked by a Norn and Charr and needing to do precision jumps. You can adjust to size and movement and compensate for it. You're unable to compensate for essentially making a blind jump where all you can hope is that you got the distance right since there's a Norn/Charr blocking your vision.

23 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

If it is done to characters automatically I think there would be a problem. Some players would not want it to happen.

If we had a way where only you see it and it is optional (like how the bobblehead item works), that would be fine by me.

"Oh no... Anyway"

Most players would like to be able to see where they're going when it comes to an environment where Norn and Charr can block your vision by size alone. While it can be no fun to be forced into a different size, there are more people affected by no fun if their vision is blocked, unless Norn and Charr are suddenly the majority played races.

It's optimistic to think that it can be made so that only other players can see it since the walk cycles and animation timings are dependent on the size of the model. The only thing that could work would be like in the MKCT where other people are seen as wisps and that would be aesthetically boring for everyone.

6 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

To paraphrase - "Watch me makes a strawman argument that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was originally said."

Yes, forced, I have done JPs and similar on Norns and Charrs and that's infinitely easier than being another race and having your vision blocked by a Norn and Charr and needing to do precision jumps. You can adjust to size and movement and compensate for it. You're unable to compensate for essentially making a blind jump where all you can hope is that you got the distance right since there's a Norn/Charr blocking your vision.

Nothing strawman about it. I rejected your request, and argued the inverse.  Imposing a mandatory change that effects payer movement to a percentage users, while having zero change to the other players is not a change that should be made as it is unfair to the player base.

Clearly you do not like the idea of having your character altered against your will in a way that would effect your game play either.  Specifically, instead of force shrinking Norn/Charr I suggested forced growing of the small ones to the same size as Norn/Charr so that your "these other players with their big toons are too big" argument is void in the same way. Either way, it is not an idea that would be well received by all those effected if it was a forced change made on them. 

5 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

"Oh no... Anyway"

Most players would like to be able to see where they're going when it comes to an environment where Norn and Charr can block your vision by size alone. While it can be no fun to be forced into a different size, there are more people affected by no fun if their vision is blocked, unless Norn and Charr are suddenly the majority played races.

It's optimistic to think that it can be made so that only other players can see it since the walk cycles and animation timings are dependent on the size of the model. The only thing that could work would be like in the MKCT where other people are seen as wisps and that would be aesthetically boring for everyone.

I agree that everybody becoming whisps would work, but ultimately be a negative impact and be more boring.

I also agree that 'only you see the large become small' would not work well as the larger races movements are based on their sizes. Note this fact is why I am against forcing the change on only some players. If you shrink a Norn, they move differently, and the sudden change makes the JP harder for those specific players.

I did provide an option that would not only work, but be equally fair (or unfair) to all players (unlike your request).... instead of transmutating all the big races to small(er) race sizes which effects their movement but having zero changes to the users who choose the small races (an unfair change), I suggested that all players get randomly changed to a new toon with a random race and NPC-esk body for the JPs. This way everyone is equally inconvenienced by the change, not just the Norn and Charr players.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:50 PM, Sarah.8354 said:

Enlarge the Equipment Preview. Now, when the character wields some weapons such as hammer or greatsword, you can't see the character and the weapon completely, you lose the very sense of Preview.

It would also be nice to have the ability to see the preview weapon in action since so many now have trails or other flare that you cannot really see from spinning in a circle

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Nothing strawman about it. I rejected your request, and argued the inverse.  Imposing a mandatory change that effects payer movement to a percentage users, while having zero change to the other players is not a change that should be made as it is unfair to the player base.

Clearly you do not like the idea of having your character altered against your will in a way that would effect your game play either.  Specifically, instead of force shrinking Norn/Charr I suggested forced growing of the small ones to the same size as Norn/Charr so that your "these other players with their big toons are too big" argument is void in the same way. Either way, it is not an idea that would be well received by all those effected if it was a forced change made on them. 

I agree that everybody becoming whisps would work, but ultimately be a negative impact and be more boring.

I also agree that 'only you see the large become small' would not work well as the larger races movements are based on their sizes. Note this fact is why I am against forcing the change on only some players. If you shrink a Norn, they move differently, and the sudden change makes the JP harder for those specific players.

I did provide an option that would not only work, but be equally fair (or unfair) to all players (unlike your request).... instead of transmutating all the big races to small(er) race sizes which effects their movement but having zero changes to the users who choose the small races (an unfair change), I suggested that all players get randomly changed to a new toon with a random race and NPC-esk body for the JPs. This way everyone is equally inconvenienced by the change, not just the Norn and Charr players.

You literally invented a situation so you could argue against it and make me look ridiculous by context. You're doing it again when you say that I'm against being force-altered. The Crystal Cavern JP does this and people are still going there. This is clearly less of a problem than you make it.

Could we please have the ability to share our current build template name in our squad icon details? By this I mean for example, in a squad anyone would be able to mouse over your squad icon (as they can already do, which at the moment shows your character name, username, achievement points and online/offline status), and see the build template name in the window. The player would just need to ensure they have their build names described properly, aka "condi dps" or "heal scourge" and this would finally get rid of the need to always announce your role when entering a squad. It would also make it easier for leaders to organise roles as they always have the reference there and won't lose track.

Edited by Ember.8510
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

You literally invented a situation so you could argue against it and make me look ridiculous by context. You're doing it again when you say that I'm against being force-altered. The Crystal Cavern JP does this and people are still going there. This is clearly less of a problem than you make it.

In Crystal Cavern, that is literally part of the mechanics of the challenge. So not the same thing at all.

Again unless you can come up with a way where it is optional and only the player can see it, changing this for the winter jp is not something that would work for me.

• Like 2

please consider expanding the range for "Next Target"
as the main keybind for targeting, it's frustrating when i am too far away from a target to target them, especially in PVP. at that far distance, I can manually click on them to target, so I know it's possible, but the keybind does not work at that range

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

I did not invent anything.

You said "I like to play tiny races.... I hate doing JPs with the giant races cause I can't see.... devs, please make the giant races shrink when they enter a JP cause I don''t want to change characters to a giant race so I can see"

I stated us giant race players would be singled out and negatively impacted by your request as suddenly shrinking the character model would significantly change how the character moves.

I then proposed the opposite of your request; make the tiny races get forced to be giants at JPs... which would solve your complaint of not being able to see, but not impact the Norn and Charr players.... I also acknowledged that this inversion of your initial request would similarly be unfair to all the small races, as they would suddenly be slower and harder to maneuver.

My proposed ACTUAL fix for your issue is surprisingly similar to your last argument. If they are going to force change one race, they have to force change them all. That is exactly what the Crystal Cavern JP does.... the mechanic of that JP does not just change a single race, it effects everyone equally. Everyone can get shrunk or grown multiple times while running though a single time... this is FAIR. Your initial request to just effect Norn and Charr is NOT fair to the player base. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Adding my vote to the suggestion/idea to be able to lock character spots on the char select screen instead of having them shift around based on the last logged in character.  For me, it'd make character management a bit easier (18 total), and I'm certain many others in this thread have said the same over the years.

If there's been a technical reason listed as to why such an option isn't feasible, I'd love to see a link noting that.  Would be at least some degree of closure, for lack of better description.

• Like 2

can we have a trinket version of the Lion's Arch snow globe?

And can we transmute trinkets, I know they don't contribute to fashion, but sometimes it might be nice to have a jar of fireflies or some other low-level item equipped, just for the player to look at in the equipment tab.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

I did not invent anything.

You said "I like to play tiny races.... I hate doing JPs with the giant races cause I can't see.... devs, please make the giant races shrink when they enter a JP cause I don''t want to change characters to a giant race so I can see"

I stated us giant race players would be singled out and negatively impacted by your request as suddenly shrinking the character model would significantly change how the character moves.

I then proposed the opposite of your request; make the tiny races get forced to be giants at JPs... which would solve your complaint of not being able to see, but not impact the Norn and Charr players.... I also acknowledged that this inversion of your initial request would similarly be unfair to all the small races, as they would suddenly be slower and harder to maneuver.

My proposed ACTUAL fix for your issue is surprisingly similar to your last argument. If they are going to force change one race, they have to force change them all. That is exactly what the Crystal Cavern JP does.... the mechanic of that JP does not just change a single race, it effects everyone equally. Everyone can get shrunk or grown multiple times while running though a single time... this is FAIR. Your initial request to just effect Norn and Charr is NOT fair to the player base. 

Yes, strawman as it implies things I never said or even implied. The arguments you said I used are invented, I can see that now that you repeat what you think you read as I never used the words "like" or "hate." You have an obvious chip on your shoulder and I suggest you remove it before it grows out of proportion and makes your life miserable.

• Confused 2

On 12/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, Tanek.5983 said:

In Crystal Cavern, that is literally part of the mechanics of the challenge. So not the same thing at all.

Again unless you can come up with a way where it is optional and only the player can see it, changing this for the winter jp is not something that would work for me.

People still do it and how would it be a challenge to be shrunk down? It would literally make any JP easier as a large part of the screen would no longer be a player character.

• Confused 2

Without reading the 373 pages (at the time of posting this), I'm sure this has already been requested....

[Hints & Notifications] - Every time I get a special action key in the SOTO maps, I get this annoying pop-up notification telling me about it! There is no setting to disable it, and it's extremely annoying. If there is a setting and I missed it, please tell me.

[Clingy Skyscales] - Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, for the love of everything good in this world add a SEPARATE action key that makes a Skyscale "cling" to something. Every time I fly somewhere, and my Skyscale finds a solid pixel, I'm glued to it like superglue!! It's extremely frustrating, it wastes a bunch of time when trying to get around. A simple setting and/or keybind that disables cling by default and allows you to activate it with a skill when needed will resolve this problem.

[Mail Restrictions] - Unable to right-click and "add" items to a mail, means you have to drag-and-drop items, which is tedious. Furthermore, then overly-restrictive 5 items per mail, with a limit of 2 mails every 2 minutes is so over the top! Even if you simply added 10 items per mail, it would be a HUGE improvement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Without reading the 373 pages (at the time of posting this), I'm sure this has already been requested....

[Hints & Notifications] - Every time I get a special action key in the SOTO maps, I get this annoying pop-up notification telling me about it! There is no setting to disable it, and it's extremely annoying. If there is a setting and I missed it, please tell me.

[Clingy Skyscales] - Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, for the love of everything good in this world add a SEPARATE action key that makes a Skyscale "cling" to something. Every time I fly somewhere, and my Skyscale finds a solid pixel, I'm glued to it like superglue!! It's extremely frustrating, it wastes a bunch of time when trying to get around. A simple setting and/or keybind that disables cling by default and allows you to activate it with a skill when needed will resolve this problem.

[Mail Restrictions] - Unable to right-click and "add" items to a mail, means you have to drag-and-drop items, which is tedious. Furthermore, then overly-restrictive 5 items per mail, with a limit of 2 mails every 2 minutes is so over the top! Even if you simply added 10 items per mail, it would be a HUGE improvement.

There is no setting to disable hint popups no. ( and yes alot of people have asked of way to disable them )

No comment about the skyscale cling it just a habit of it you got to get used to.

You do know that you can just right click any item thats not account/soulbound and press the mail and it will poof up in your attacthment up to 5 per mail no need to drag and drop mate.

What are you sending that make 10 items every 2 mins seem to small of an amunt for you?

The send limit is to combat gold sellers that used to mass email peopl way back when, since it dont happen anymore I say its a good thing that they limited it because it worked.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know that you can just right click any item thats not account/soulbound and press the mail and it will poof up in your attacthment up to 5 per mail no need to drag and drop mate.

I think they're talking about adding items 2-5 to a mail already started with 1 item in it. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

I think they're talking about adding items 2-5 to a mail already started with 1 item in it. 

Good news it works the same way you can right click send mail on five items they will fill up a mail then you can type the name on were it should go and send.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 9:50 AM, Malus.2184 said:

Yes, strawman as it implies things I never said or even implied. The arguments you said I used are invented, I can see that now that you repeat what you think you read as I never used the words "like" or "hate." You have an obvious chip on your shoulder and I suggest you remove it before it grows out of proportion and makes your life miserable.

Not a "strawman".  Either you need to look up what that term means, or you need to realize what your own request actually was.

We have established that changing a Norn or Charr from giant size to human size significantly changes how the character moves, and how jump timing works. This significant change makes the user have to adjust how they move and jump as their muscle memory and timings are now all off what they are used to and play regularly in the open world. 

We have also established that forcing a change on a percentage of the player base which will negatively impact their play, while not similarly impacting the rest of the player base is unfair. In other words, it would be punishing a portion of the player base to reward the opposite portion of the player base.

Your original posting....

On 12/28/2023 at 5:18 AM, Malus.2184 said:

Apply the shrinking tonic effect on Charrs and Norns when they enter a JP area, they take up so much screen real estate. It's especially problematic on the Winter Wonderland puzzles since they can prevent you from seeing anything from their sheer bulk.

You did not ask for a way to make large players look smaller for just you, which would correct your issue but have no direct impact on the player base.
You did not ask for a way to make your own toon larger to be able to see, which would have no impact on the player base. (this actually already exists, Endless Embiggening Tonic)
You did not ask for a way to make other players invisible or 'wisps' in the JPs , which would correct your issue but have no direct impact on the player base.

Your request was specifically to inconvenience players who choose Norn and Charr characters. You can not see what you need in JPs, and want the other players that are in your way punished.

That is not a 'strawman', that is what you asked for. 

You reported an issue you found with the game, which is quite valid. However, your solution to the issue was not something that would solve the issue with the least impact to the player base at large. No, you requested to punish a percentage of the player base for being in your way. You are the one who seems to have a chip on their shoulder my dude.

• Thanks 3

ANET PLEASE OFFER GEMSTORE WAYPOINT SOUNDS - JUST ... ANYTHING, PLEASE?

The timeless waypoint noise will always be cherished, but I would personally pay well for a different waypoint sound or music and perhaps even other affects?

FRIENDS - HELP GET BEHIND THIS IDEA, $$$

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1