[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@kharmin.7683 It's not unrealistic, they already did it. With the Rebel Shoes.

@Mangovnik.7416 Not pants but shoes. Hear me out.

Long Rebel Shoes gives a new skin to Your legs, pants AND tails in case of charrs. So my idea is for ANet to add shoes that look like dragon feets, that would also change charr tails into dragon tails. Personally I would leave pants out of it so You can use pants of Your choice and not be bount to a single skin.

Plus dragon gloves as a seperate skin.

Thats all from me. What do You think? ^^

• Like 3

make Zommoros do something when we throw fireworks/toilet paper/eggs/whatever else can be thrown into the Forge 😁

edit: like throw some random stuff back yo us or throw rotten eggs onto us with a small chance of getting something decent every once in a while :3 basically, I'd like to make the Forge more fun and interesting even if I don't have anything to " melt" I could at lest throw stuff in it during festivals and when I have a ton of leftovers after a festival that I usually just destroy

Edited by Avelione.6075
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

In this specific case, the answer is not very good. Regarding skin design/development, the resources cannot be used elsewhere. Same way you cannot send a car-mechanic to a hospital doing a brain-surgery.

Money is a resource and is applicable across the board.  I'd rather Anet use their money to hire/retain programmers that would fix many of the ongoing, known issues in the game rather than spend the money for an artist to create this suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Vavume.8065 said:

1) Legendary Bags armory

2) Opacity slider for Inventory

3) Legendary Infusion armory

4) Option to disable camera automatic zoom in/out during world boss fights

5) Tome of Tomes, a tome to hold all VIP and season tomes.

What does (1) even mean? Infinite bags? A bag you can equip on each character?

3) Make it just a separate "Visuals" tab in the Hero panel, like fishing is, for all the visuals: infusions, gathering tools, anything they add in the future. Let infusions just be for stats.

--> Remove aquabreather, or just keep it for the visual and infusions, no more rune. I don't even care about losing the functionality of my 7th legendary rune.

46 minutes ago, Avelione.6075 said:

make Zommoros do something when we throw fireworks/toilet paper/eggs/whatever else can be thrown into the Forge 😁

He throws it back at you , followed by a meteor, and knock you out.

Then comes grenth and scythes you and you will have to wp.

Then, for an hour, you will force wear donkey ears, and you will gnarl every 30 seconds.

😆 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Money is a resource and is applicable across the board.  I'd rather Anet use their money to hire/retain programmers that would fix many of the ongoing, known issues in the game rather than spend the money for an artist to create this suggestion.

Issues like?

Don't forget that it is skins and gemstore items that are the big % of said money. The better they make them, the more peoples will buy them, and You can't deny that this particular skin is pretty popular and wanted. Money makes money.

Edited by Biziut.3594

3 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

What does (1) even mean? Infinite bags? A bag you can equip on each character?

Yeah unlocks across account, example, craft 1 legendary bag, your whole account now has a legendary bag in the first slot. You would still need to buy bag slot expansions for extra bags.

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Start at the top. There's always something to do.

And how many of this issues makes the game absolutly unplayable, which one of this issues, when repaired, will bring money to develop the game even further? Not much I suppose, if any. Skins do bring money.

Don't get me wrong, repairing the bugs is an important matter, but so is adding new stuff, stuff that generate money, that can be then spent on resources for repairing this bugs too.

Saying...

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'd rather Anet spend their resources elsewhere.

...on a thing that have potencial to generate lots of money for further development of the game and for repairing...

51 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

ongoing, known issues

...is just pure nonsense imho.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

When opening a container that has recipes or skins to be unlocked, gray out the ones that are already unlocked.  I often find it faster to go to the wiki or other source outside of the game to see what items in a weapon chest I still need to unlock vs scrolling through the in-game container and hovering over each item to see if it is unlocked.

Related, when buying containers from vendors which contain such items, that container should be grayed out if all the items in it have been unlocked - it can still be purchased if someone just wants another item, but again, a bit of a pain to see if the item is something that is unlocked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would love:

1. Turn off other players' infusions and other glowy effects.
  2. Turn off my infusions and other glowy effects.
  3. Open world legendary gathering tools and legendary glyphs.
  4. Turn all portal tome / scroll items into unlockable novelties.
  5. Turn converters / gobblers into unlockable novelties while we're at it.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• Integrate something like the mount radial wheel into the core game.
  • Option to disable other players' infusions (while leaving on spell effects and the like).
  • Split more items off of Post-Processing into their own separate graphics options.
  • Yeah, a fishing bait bag would be a good move.
  • Severe consolidation of currencies.
  • Not something I'd personally make use of, but it is weird that GW2 doesn't have official controller support. It feels like a more natural fit for GW2 than it does for most other MMOs.

EDIT: Bah, that's more than five. Whatever, the list stands.

Edited by Randin.5701
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

And how many of this issues makes the game absolutly unplayable, which one of this issues, when repaired, will bring money to develop the game even further? Not much I suppose, if any. Skins do bring money.

Don't get me wrong, repairing the bugs is an important matter, but so is adding new stuff, stuff that generate money, that can be then spent on resources for repairing this bugs too.

Saying...

...on a thing that have potencial to generate lots of money for further development of the game and for repairing...

...is just pure nonsense imho.

You make a grand assumption that this suggestion would have the potential to generate lots of money.  No one here has any evidence to support that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Randin.5701 said:
  • Not something I'd personally make use of, but it is weird that GW2 doesn't have official controller support. It feels like a more natural fit for GW2 than it does for most other MMOs.

Better controller support would be great. Besides native button mapping (with good defaults), they could add real value by detecting which kind of controller is being used. Have button graphics show on the corner of skills, the same way skill keys are shown now. Add support for inventory / menu selection using joystick / dpad. Hero panel, inventory, and other windows could replace the main view, much like the map already does, to increase controller usability. It could also use a bit of UI work to increase the size of all UI elements for playing on a couch/TV setup (this is arguably needed already). This is not a small amount of work, but I can imagine it being great.

Bonus thought: If they figure this out, they'll have done the UI work needed to port to consoles. After that, it's primarily an engineering challenge. I don't have any hope that this is actually in their plans, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to play on their PS5 on the big screen, or on their Switch if these were options.

• Like 1

I reject the premise that "we need" this suggestion, especially as it tends to be more for one race than the others.  I'd rather Anet work on other things in the game that would benefit what would most likely be a larger portion of the player base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

It doesn't have to be for just one race, though. Many Human, Norn, Asura, and Salad players would appreciate the option to have a tail to match their wings and head. Charr is only a little bit special in that they already have a tail that would be replaced by this skin, so they would get an extra benefit.

The idea started with a Charr player asking to replace their tail, but there's no way that's the only thing we'd get if they actually put this into the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

You make a grand assumption that this suggestion would have the potential to generate lots of money.  No one here has any evidence to support that.

And You are assuming it won't? Do ANet need evidence when they are going for a new line of skins? Probably not, becouse how would they know that it will be liked before making it. With this skin They at least have an assurement that it is popular. In my 4 guilds it's top 1 topic, on many map chats I see it is top 1 topic as well. Topics praising it on forum instead of the usual complaining is something as well.

Listen, I know You really love to copy/paste Your favourite line "I would rather see resources spend elswhere" to anything You do not like. But it's just don't work here. Skins generate money, money gives resources, resources repairs bugs. 

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

especially as it tends to be more for one race than the others.  I'd rather Anet work on other things in the game that would benefit what would most likely be a larger portion of the player base.

How exactlty skin that all races can wear is benefitting one race more than the other?

Charr tails? Oh my gush. Charr have a tails that are part of their model, let's forget about it and God forbid never tinker with it becouse other players may feel not benefitted enough. Or maybe let's delete charr tails, than races will be even more equal. Oh wait, Rebel Long Boots already exist and are enjoyed by both charr and not charr players, and they decorate the charr tail. 

Also as others already said, it's not like ANet can't make a tail for non charr races as well, like they already did with the cat outfit.

And how are You even sure Your opinion is the one represented by the lerger portion of the playerbase. You are not stuck to one character in this game dear. You can have characters of many diffrent races.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Confused 1