Willbender WvW

Is there any way to nerf willbender in WvW with out killing all the other specs? 

There is not real counter play to it. it can spike harder, and faster then almost any other class.
I remove the power on Sword 5?  Remove Alac?
Sorry I strongly dislike how easy it is for them to repeat a high burst skill with almost no chance of a counter.

I dislike going to stop an attack.... and its just 2 willbenders. and there is really nothing to stop them. I expect to have a hard time, and may lose on a 1v2 in most match ups.
But when you can go 2v5 with willbenders or even higher. there is a problem.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

27 minutes ago, wolfer.7945 said:

Is there any way to nerf willbender in WvW with out killing all the other specs? 

There is not real counter play to it. it can spike harder, and faster then almost any other class.
Sorry I strongly dislike how easy it is for them to repeat a high burst skill with almost no chance of a counter.

I dislike going to stop an attack.... and its just 2 willbenders. and there is really nothing to stop them. I expect to have a hard time, and may lose on a 1v2 in most match ups.

I'm fairly newer to Willbender and yes it is indeed strong, kind of annoyingly strong if I'm being honest, but it is not without its counters and it is not invincible. It is comparably overbearing compared to other builds, less meta builds, and yeah it will tend to run over less experienced players who don't know what animations to watch out for or those who tend to dump their defensives too early.

But for starters, most Willbenders likely aren't running the Alacrity trait to begin with when they can put out more damage with Tyrant's Momentum or get 6 seconds of 20% damage reduction against strike and condi to make them a bit less squishy. Secondly, this is kind of just...what the game has turned into now, unfortunately. Willbender isn't alone in doing this stuff; Mesmers, Thieves, Rangers, Revenants, Necromancers (Harbingers mostly), Elementalists, they are all doing similar degrees of burst damage in WvW. Willbender is just most frequently seen because honestly its kind of the easier of those to get into and I'm speaking from my own experience. Didn't take me too long playing it the first week I started it to start to get it down and absolutely explode most less experienced players, I am also using Hammer instead of Greatsword as well.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Weekly "nerf willbender"

Next week is my turn to create this topic!

Yup, and sadly it needs to keep going.  As if its weekly it should flag something is broken.

I would almost start for daily. but extreme spam is not needed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

The problem is not that is h

16 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I'm fairly newer to Willbender and yes it is indeed strong, kind of annoyingly strong if I'm being honest, but it is not without its counters and it is not invincible. It is comparably overbearing compared to other builds, less meta builds, and yeah it will tend to run over less experienced players who don't know what animations to watch out for or those who tend to dump their defensives too early.

But for starters, most Willbenders likely aren't running the Alacrity trait to begin with when they can put out more damage with Tyrant's Momentum or get 6 seconds of 20% damage reduction against strike and condi to make them a bit less squishy. Secondly, this is kind of just...what the game has turned into now, unfortunately. Willbender isn't alone in doing this stuff; Mesmers, Thieves, Rangers, Revenants, Necromancers (Harbingers mostly), Elementalists, they are all doing similar degrees of burst damage in WvW. Willbender is just most frequently seen because honestly its kind of the easier of those to get into and I'm speaking from my own experience. Didn't take me too long playing it the first week I started it to start to get it down and absolutely explode most less experienced players, I am also using Hammer instead of Greatsword as well.

Of the classes you listed, none do it in the same time frame with out major setup or has a major counts. And I would place a bet you were taking out more then "less experienced players" .  The item I would flag would be how many hits you get. Both the double hit sword, and spins.  Getting past blind, blocks, and aegis.  Along with good access to stability. you are almost impossible to stop the chain.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

Ngl the mere existence of Willbender provokes a lot of these threads almost every week. It's the daredevil of EOD specs minus the three dodges. My flashbang holosmith counters these guys hard. Mobility and blinds are your friends.

• Like 1

Sure WB can do great spike damage, but unlike many of those other specs, it's all melee. Hitting the fringe of a zerg means you are jumping out of your own zerg and losing their boons.

At best, it's clutch for pushes and that's about it, or maybe the occasional chasing down stragglers or roaming.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, wolfer.7945 said:

Of the classes you listed, none do it in the same time frame with out major setup or has a major counts. And I would place a bet you were taking out more then "less experienced players" .  The item I would flag would be how many hits you get. Both the double hit sword, and spins.  Getting past blind, blocks, and aegis.  Along with good access to stability. you are almost impossible to stop the chain.

I assure you...yes those classes do it well within the same time frame. I encounter it all the time both on my Willbender and my Warrior. It is not impossible to stop the chain, I know because my chain has been stopped and I have stopped the chain against other Willbenders, even when not on my Willbender. Also yes, it was less experienced players because you can pick them out of the pack quite easily. They are the ones dumping both dodges immediately, using all defensives immediately, not timing or using mobility properly.

I've run into plenty of players that know well enough how to shut down Willbender or how to fight well against it, as well as many other classes. It genuinely is not impossible. Though I get it, both being on the receiving and giving end of the Willbender spike stick, it can be panic inducing when it just appears on you. Don't panic when it happens, think about how you need to react.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, wolfer.7945 said:

At this point I have to ask exactly what class you play and what build it is... I can list multiple classes that can 1v1 WB consistently and I'm talking about the 1v1 roamer WB spec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/7/2024 at 10:17 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

At this point I have to ask exactly what class you play and what build it is... I can list multiple classes that can 1v1 WB consistently and I'm talking about the 1v1 roamer WB spec.

War Magebane when there are lots of thieves (not much else, do like shield master for the DE), thief if I want to be brain dead and do only dailies, D/P or S/D (strong dislike for Rifle, stealth needs nerfed on how often it can be used, make the trait once ever 10 seconds or something), and mes with a daze spammer or conditions.  Per anthers comment, I am going to try Rev and see how that goes.

I have tried the willbender build, and its silly how easy it is to get kills. And its funny how far and fast you can run if you really need to.

I have also tried eng, ranger and ele, but they are not to my liking.  Have not tried necro much in WvW.

I have fun fighting about any other fight in WvW in a 1v1.  Thieves are up there with Willbender. But stealth is easier once you under stand where people normally walk or jump to in fights.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:42 PM, wolfer.7945 said:

Herald one

or

Vindi one, I prefere this one since it works better with smaller groups then the other.

Both will 1v2 willbenders or put them on the run

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Slap some toughness and vitality on your gear and tank their burst, while bursting them at the same time.

Edit:

I see the confused person doesn't realize that trading blows with someone with high effective HP is a losing gambit for someone with low effective HP.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

I mean yes a WB duo is pretty annoying to fight but what isn't 1v2 ? I don't think fighting 2 thieves or a soulbeast plus anything else ranks very high in the fun rankings.

The only way to lose to 2  willbenders with 5 is if people insist on getting baited and try to chase without waiting for people to catch up. But then they aren't fighting 2v5. it's really 5 2v1s. I mean sometimes your teammates really suck but that's more about  them then the game design.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

ANET's blue baby is immune to nerfs. You should know this by now lol. 

So true!

Cmc is a guardian main, didn't you know 😞

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Haha 6

On 5/12/2024 at 6:11 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

So true!

Cmc is a guardian main, didn't you know 😞

Cmc not being anything other than Ele main is a blessing in disguise, trust me. Ele mains' egos have already given up so majority of them are fine with being nigh useless in every content now xD If he mained any other class and mistreated (both overbuffed and overnerfed) them so hard, there would be actual riots at Anet HQ

• Confused 3

On 5/7/2024 at 10:42 PM, wolfer.7945 said:

They should at least remove Stability from F3 skill, that gives us more counterplay. But that never happens, they never nerf it because they need to sell more skins for their favorite class

• Confused 6

23 minutes ago, Valamano.4963 said:

They should at least remove Stability from F3 skill, that gives us more counterplay. But that never happens, they never nerf it because they need to sell more skins for their favorite class

Wow GW2 only sells class specific skins in gem store, I never knew that was a thing!

• Haha 7