What are the chances that anet will add a tank mount into the game?

No, I don't mean someone running soldier's gears. I mean, a literal tank with a big cannon that you can drive around.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can just fire at Kryptis while riding one of these things?

Gaijin plz

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

If we go for visuals, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Synergetics_Hoverbike_Skimmer_Skin is the closest as driving a vehicle. This and the beetle are, literally, the only mounts that are machines and not living beings (the skyscale seems a living being, it's like a robot, not a vehicle). But we can't shoot, yeah... We also have the helicopter that is a chair and you can walk arround

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Alsoalso, we already have a useless turtle.

Ah yes, the "useless" mount that flies the same speed as skyscale, can take a passenger, and climb virtually any wall or cliff in the game.

18 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

At best ANet could add a mastery that allows you to fire the Siege Turtle's cannons yourself

If we ever get a "switch seat" mastery, firing the cannons would be fun, but what would be more fun is  it basically acting like the dual controls that driving instructors use. Yoinking back control because they were about to dive you both into lava or something.

But yeah, either a Synergetics or Charr tank skin for turtle is a popular request and would likely be the best fit for this. In the meantime, the Jade Tech skin is a good option if you want a turtle that really feels like a machine, or the Deepwater Barbshell from the Siege Turtle Advent pack has a very rugged vibe and you can dye the metal to something other than gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Only thing that comes to my mind is this little fella here: Devourer Siege Carrier - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

We already got a siege mount. But could be an alternative with the option of climbing and hooking into rocks and using siege attacks from there. And with "climbing" I mean it – in all directions. Could be an traveling method for passages too difficult for Skyscales to handle (too stiff winds or whatever).
Would it be an impressive mount? -> No
Would it be niche? -> Absolutely
Could it find its way into the game? -> It's unlikely but not impossible

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Would it be an impressive mount? -> No

What makes a mount impressive? I'd say a big mechanical devourer is pretty impressive. 

In any case, it'd be relatively easy to create areas where skyscales weren't the most efficient mount. Snipers like the Drizzlewood ones everywhere, or random rockfall effects like in Gyala Delve. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Do we really need more mounts?

I'd rather see them expand the existing mounts' Masteries.

This is an excellent point, tbh. Yes, it's nice to theorise about what new mounts might be possible, but a lot of the existing mounts could use a refresh. There's also a problem when adding new mounts, because they either have to be sufficiently powerful and "premium" feeling with their base mastery, which makes them overpowered when combined with other masteries, or they have to be built on the assumption that players will have other masteries, so are weaker in their own expansion if you don't have PoF.

The only entirely new mount we've had since PoF/LW4 (which requires PoF) is the turtle. I rushed unlocking it on my NA account, and it became painfully obvious that it was built around PoF masteries. It hits like a wet noodle if you don't have Ravenous Discipline from Raptor (can't even smash the ley energy shards in Gyala Delve in a single slam), is massively vulnerable because it has no evasion from Jackal's Adroit Evasion, and takes massive fall damage without Springer's Masterful Descent.

A new mount would potentially have similar problems, plus be incredibly frail because it assumes you're going to have the 50% more health mastery from the turtle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I'd rather see them expand the existing mounts' Masteries.

Mounted abilities on cool down?

• Raptor: Round Up (pull) during a raptor leap, without Tail Spin (like Haywire Punch-o-Matic).
  • Springer: Bunny thump, knock down without dismounting.
  • Skimmer: Rejuvenating Air, minor heal when passing over allies.
  • Jackal: Sand Storm, blinks apply aoe Blind along travel.
  • Griffon: at high speeds, does a loop. That's it.
  • Roller Beetle: Wrecking Ball (knock back) without Roll Out (at or above speeds that crush crystals in Domain of Kourna).
  • Skyscale: nope, strong and complicated enough already.
  • Siege Turtle: Hot Swap, switch into the gunner's seat (or back) if not already occupied.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:18 AM, Rumpus.1234 said:

Mounted abilities on cool down?

• Raptor: Round Up (pull) during a raptor leap, without Tail Spin (like Haywire Punch-o-Matic).
  • Springer: Bunny thump, knock down without dismounting.
  • Skimmer: Rejuvenating Air, minor heal when passing over allies.
  • Jackal: Sand Storm, blinks apply aoe Blind along travel.
  • Griffon: at high speeds, does a loop. That's it.
  • Roller Beetle: Wrecking Ball (knock back) without Roll Out (at or above speeds that crush crystals in Domain of Kourna).
  • Skyscale: nope, strong and complicated enough already.
  • Siege Turtle: Hot Swap, switch into the gunner's seat (or back) if not already occupied.

Honest question: if you're not going to engage in actual combat after doing something like a knockdown without a dismount, then why do a knockdown at all? One of the points of mounts is to run past enemies without engaging in combat.

If you did a knockdown without a dismount and wanted to actually fight whatever you knocked down, you'd then have to manually dismount, which is inconvenient.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Honest question: if you're not going to engage in actual combat after doing something like a knockdown without a dismount, then why do a knockdown at all? One of the points of mounts is to run past enemies without engaging in combat.

If you did a knockdown without a dismount and wanted to actually fight whatever you knocked down, you'd then have to manually dismount, which is inconvenient.

Good question! I'd like more mount special abilities that aren't restricted to engagement.

It started as a silly thought (bowling over bandits in Brisban on a roller beetle) but imagine a combined arms meta/boss fight. Octovine north gate except moving or disabling blossoms with mount abilities instead of armors. What if now they could be hauled away by Warclaw? Or protecting the dps team on Death-Branded Shatterer by applying big-animal cc to centaur tramplers. There's already interest in solo gunning siege from a hunkered down turtle. And any little buff to skimmer or jackal is appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/11/2024 at 5:10 PM, Guy.9207 said:

I mean, a literal tank with a big cannon that you can drive around.

That's literally the Siege Turtle mount.

Mechanic wise your tank is already there, it's just not a tank skin.

Best you can hope for is a tank skin for Turtle. Charr using tanks in the game, so a Charr tank skin would definitely fit thematically.

On 5/14/2024 at 2:49 PM, Manpag.6421 said:

This is an excellent point, tbh. Yes, it's nice to theorise about what new mounts might be possible, but a lot of the existing mounts could use a refresh. There's also a problem when adding new mounts, because they either have to be sufficiently powerful and "premium" feeling with their base mastery, which makes them overpowered when combined with other masteries, or they have to be built on the assumption that players will have other masteries, so are weaker in their own expansion if you don't have PoF.

The only entirely new mount we've had since PoF/LW4 (which requires PoF) is the turtle. I rushed unlocking it on my NA account, and it became painfully obvious that it was built around PoF masteries. It hits like a wet noodle if you don't have Ravenous Discipline from Raptor (can't even smash the ley energy shards in Gyala Delve in a single slam), is massively vulnerable because it has no evasion from Jackal's Adroit Evasion, and takes massive fall damage without Springer's Masterful Descent.

A new mount would potentially have similar problems, plus be incredibly frail because it assumes you're going to have the 50% more health mastery from the turtle.

This is the vibe I get from new class threads.  eSpecs already solves this problem; it just needs to be leveraged better. Too many classes just pidgin holes all the classes harder, as players complain about lack of build diversity.  And we should all know why at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/12/2024 at 6:12 AM, Manpag.6421 said:

Ah yes, the "useless" mount that flies the same speed as skyscale, can take a passenger, and climb virtually any wall or cliff in the game.

People who think the turtle is useless tend to not have friends they play with

I play with a regular group, and it's actually one of my more-used mounts, especially since I'm the only one in the group rn that has access to flight

Its also great for unlocking waypoints, as it will teleport a passenger with you across the zone to any waypoint you have, even if they haven't discovered it themselves 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1