23 minutes ago, SRoode.7318 said:

So, for Twin Generals, that means every time you hit something you get a stack of might for10s?    

No, when you use a healing skill, you strike nearby enemies and get might for each hit (more on first enemy hit) and apply weakness to them.

• Like 1

Movement-speed one seems interesting. Better than the old trait effects I think. (If I remember correctly they were 25 percent only - not with a 33 percent out of combat.) Then again: Nowadays there are mounts out of combat. I might not use it. The one removing non-damaging conditions could be interesting though. (I bet it really means "evade" though - not just doge rolling. Making it less interesting again.)

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

New relics seem weird and oddly specific

Which is a good thing, since relics are meant to be the replacement for the 6-rune bonus effects, many of which were weird and oddly specific.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Which is a good thing, since relics are meant to be the replacement for the 6-rune bonus effects, many of which were weird and oddly specific.

And many of them were way more general than any relic now. Besides, as odd and narrowly specific rune effects as those relics were  a minority. Those are a baseline.

• Confused 5

Zakiros might be slightly interesting for my Thief.

But other than that one, I have a hard time caring less about these.

1 hour ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Did we get the golem back? I can't log in right now.

No Golem for you and no Rock Dog for me.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

I think it's interesting that a couple of these relics are directly pulling from class traits. I'm not sure if they've been doing this before on earlier relics and I just haven't noticed, but the Relics of Zakiros and the Sorcerer are less/more powerful versions of Invigorating Precision (Critical Strikes on Thief) and Bitter Chill (Spite on Necromancer), respectively. Thieves running Invigorating Precision + Relic of Zakiros should notably be able to heal for the 10% of damage that the trait used to heal for.

I think this is a great idea because it allows classes to supercharge certain traits at the expense of an additional gear investment or creates enough of a redundancy that it gives players a chance to change out the trait that it emulates.

In a way, adding more relics that emulate traits would also allow other classes a small form of multiclassing so long as they invest in a particular relic.

Edited by Tempest.8479
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Founding and Wayfinder are good. Wayfinder for my virtuoso and mirage builds because they don't have the same movement speed, unlike other classes that get it as minor traits or passives from signets. Zakiros is like the old invigorating precision trait but that now enables more healing from critical damage like it used to in the past!

Idk if I will use the other ones though, but I get how they enhance builds or doubly benefit from trait synergy (for example, more vulnerability uptime on condi reaper when inflicting chill is nice).

• Like 2

Feels like the movespeed relic should be core, not SotO exclusive. Don't care too much about it for myself, but I think it should be accessible to core players that are just starting to explore Tyria and the earlier expansions. Getting that movespeed effect only after you've pretty much traversed 90% of the game world seems kinda wrong. Walk to the end to gain the ability to walk faster, kinda.

The lifesteal relic looks really interesting, especially for power builds that have trouble sustaining themselves. May make stuff like metas or open world champs more survivable even on glass canon zerker builds, if you know how to deal decent damage. Could make it more cozy for builds without inbuilt sustain. Or even lead to some meta variant for instanced group composition with a squad of self-sustained dps without healers (though would still need boon coverage, but something like qdps herald + adps tempest could easily cover all boons).

• Like 1

Comparing Relic of Wayfinder with Relic of Speed, is this correct with swiftness up?

Speed : +66% total bonus

Wayfinder :

In-combat : 33+25 = 58%

Out of combat : 33+33 = 66%

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SRoode.7318 said:

So, for Twin Generals, that means every time you hit something you get a stack of might for10s?    

As far as I understand - no.
It means that if your healing skill hits something with it's initial cast - then you get extra might.
Think Reaper heal shout or Vindicator's Archemorus heal.
These things heal and strike enemies at the same time.

The big question mark comes up when dealing with heals that deal damage with delay.
For example Harb healing elixir tossed at enemies, or a quick attack after popping Shiro heal on rev..

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Hpez.2908 said:

Comparing Relic of Wayfinder with Relic of Speed, is this correct with swiftness up?

Wayfinder :

Ignore. I can't read. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Hpez.2908 said:

Wayfinder :

I'm not sure if that's how it works, I think its just 33% out of combat and 25% while in combat + the initial superspeed. 

Most of these relics seems to be geared towards competitive. 

Relic of Speed is great for classes with built in swiftness in their traits like DD, WB, Weaver etc.

Wayfinder on the other hand is great for more team fight oriented builds. But you have to sacrifice a more "useful" relics. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bunny.9834 said:

I'm not sure if that's how it works, I think its just 33% out of combat and 25% while in combat + the initial superspeed. 

Most of these relics seems to be geared towards competitive. 

Relic of Speed is great for classes with built in swiftness in their traits like DD, WB, Weaver etc.

Wayfinder on the other hand is great for more team fight oriented builds. But you have to sacrifice a more "useful" relics. 

As far as I know movement speed bonuses do not stack with each other unless specifically stated in the tooltip (like with warrior's Aggressive Onslaught)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Most movement speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tempest.8479 said:

I think it's interesting that a couple of these relics are directly pulling from class traits. I'm not sure if they've been doing this before on earlier relics and I just haven't noticed, but the Relics of Zakiros and the Sorcerer are less/more powerful versions of Invigorating Precision (Critical Strikes on Thief) and Bitter Chill (Spite on Necromancer), respectively. Thieves running Invigorating Precision + Relic of Zakiros should notably be able to heal for the 10% of damage that the trait used to heal for.

I think this is a great idea because it allows classes to supercharge certain traits at the expense of an additional gear investment or creates enough of a redundancy that it gives players a chance to change out the trait that it emulates.

In a way, adding more relics that emulate traits would also allow other classes a small form of multiclassing so long as they invest in a particular relic.

I'm hoping later down the line we get the condi version of Zakiros. Basically give back the chunk they stole off of Parasitic Contagion.

That juicy sustain for condi builds in Open World. Yes please!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

As far as I understand - no.
It means that if your healing skill hits something with it's initial cast - then you get extra might.
Think Reaper heal shout or Vindicator's Archemorus heal.
These things heal and strike enemies at the same time.

The big question mark comes up when dealing with heals that deal damage with delay.
For example Harb healing elixir tossed at enemies, or a quick attack after popping Shiro heal on rev..

It doesn't have anything to do with whether your healing skill hits anything. Using your heal skill triggers the relic skill, which gives you 8 stacks of might, and deals a tiny amount of damage and applies weakness to 5 enemies in a 240 radius around you, on a 10s cooldown. You gain one additional might stack for each enemy the skill hits. So delayed heal skills will still trigger it on use and start the cooldown.

It does have synergy with heal skills which hit enemies, as well as the various warrior traits that interact with might generation. 

Edited by Manpag.6421
Wrong might amount
  • Like 1