June 25th Balance Patch Preview: Moa Nerfed

June 25th 2024 Balance patch, tank builds and boon balls win again.

• Signet of Humility: This skill now requires a target. This skill can no longer be retargeted. This skill now displays an effect above its target's head. Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 2 seconds in WvW only.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

So which blobmander that sticks out 600 range from their zerg asked for this? Ya know they're still gonna get "sniped" right?

Also...

Lead the Wind: This trait no longer grants boons when striking a target at long range and now grants boons when using Point-Blank Shot.

Wait, they want rangers spamming 4? That's 101% grief.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

• Signet of Humility: This skill now requires a target. This skill can no longer be retargeted. This skill now displays an effect above its target's head. Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 2 seconds in WvW only.

I forgot that stream was today, will have to watch this weekend. This isn't a good start.

Posted (edited)

Looks like we are getting a new skill type- Since boon spamming your allies isn't enough, we will soon also be able also buff our enemies. "Here, have an extra evade".

Just what the game was missing.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

Posted (edited)

This is literally the point where we can call the person balancing WvW incompetent, just looking at the base skills show this.

The skill that was originally designed to transform and enemy into a moa and combat transforms is WORSE than the tacked on toolbelt skill to engineers, toss elixir X.
Toss elixir X has the folowing over signet of humiliation:
50% more duration.
200% more targets affected.
Recharges 50% quicker.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_X

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Humility

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Moa I kinda understand as its a crazy form of CC. And I agreed with the changes until the 2s part.... if it has better counterplay with a visual tell, it doesn't need to be less punishing when it lands.... that's just another anet illogical double nerf they seem to love to do. So what? Now I give my opponent the appropriate amount of tell to dodge this tide turning elite skill, they fail to dodge it, turn into a a moa, use skill 5 for an extra evade, and I get like a single second of them being "in danger"... lol, cool.

Also them giving magnet pull a tell but not DH f1 pull. I can't remember the last time I was pulled with magnet. Meanwhile if I get anywhere near a zerg I swear my character gets 5 different spears impaled in him and just ripped apart in different directions. Guess it doesn't get a nerf if its the boonball that's using them

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

March 29th 2022

Last up for mesmer, we have a big cooldown reduction to Signet of Humility. This is another change we'll be keeping a close eye on to see if the cooldown is a bit too low or if the effect duration needs to be adjusted, but we do want to see players getting transformed into moas on a more regular basis. - Anet

• Signet of Humility: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.

😈🥳

June 25th 2024

Sorry but we're seeing too many players getting transformed into moas on a more regular basis, and it's interrupting our bag train sessions.

😏🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I note that back at launch, Moa wasn't considered that good, even though it had a longer duration then. It has a more significant effect against builds that can't stay alive without cheese, so it tends to be a mirror of how broken the game is at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

This is literally the point where we can call the person balancing WvW incompetent, just looking at the base skills show this.

The skill that was originally designed to transform and enemy into a moa and combat transforms is WORSE than the tacked on toolbelt skill to engineers, toss elixir X.
Toss elixir X has the folowing over signet of humiliation:
50% more duration.
200% more targets affected.
Recharges 50% quicker.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_X

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Humility

Signet has 1200 range on target with passive effect when you don’t use it, whereas elixir is 900 range ground target slow projectile that can be reflected or miss simple because the target ran past it.

Toss elixir X is also only available on core engineer, whereas moa signet is available for all Mesmer elites.

Elixir X also get a third option of lich, which reduce your chance to go into the actual only good form in WvW that is tornado, so it’s nerf not a buff

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Sorry mate but that point was reached years ago and now we are so far from it that we could be in a galaxy far far away.

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Yet another skill that has become rendered useless in WvW.  Anyone care to place a bet that Signet of Humility goes from 60% usage for mesmers to 0% following the patch?

I'm starting to think that the current Dev team secretly works for Blizzard on the side, and their ultimate goal is to kill GW2 in it's entirety.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Also them giving magnet pull a tell but not DH f1 pull. I can't remember the last time I was pulled with magnet. Meanwhile if I get anywhere near a zerg I swear my character gets 5 different spears impaled in him and just ripped apart in different directions. Guess it doesn't get a nerf if its the boonball that's using them

Also, having a thing like Earth Shield skill 4 in the game, a pull which you can literally not tell whether it's happening or not, seems to be going against their new philosophy too.. Good thing next to nobody uses ES, but still. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Elixir X also get a third option of lich, which reduce your chance to go into the actual only good form in WvW that is tornado, so it’s nerf not a buff

Ah yes I love rolling Rampage. It's basically only good for running away.

At least in tornado you have the meme value of knocking over people off a bridge or something.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Oof! The fact that Anet links it to pin snipping. WTW. Even when tagged makes me want to teach more players to pin snip. If a tagged player couldn't handle being Moa'd that was bad prep on the tag. Why not instead review and adjust the stats on Moa players and abilities and the health and options of the player under the debuff. These are not the same. The increased tell might have been enough alone without doubling down. 

Edit: Sorry confused peep I get moa'd when roaming and Havocing quite often, let alone when tagged, if the comm hasn't figured out how to handle it, maybe they should learn to solo some so they don't lose it when temp delayed and a zerg on their back. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: Sorry confused peep
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Signet has 1200 range on target with passive effect when you don’t use it, whereas elixir is 900 range ground target slow projectile that can be reflected or miss simple because the target ran past it.

Toss elixir X is also only available on core engineer, whereas moa signet is available for all Mesmer elites.

Maybe you should look at the changes more closely, signet of humility will put an animation above the target also, you'd have to be blind or brain afk to get hit with it now.

Bringing up the signet passive show's you're scraping the barrel, it's nothing anyone would even build around, and it makes barely any difference, even a 3s stun becomes 2.4s which would still make you dead without stunbreaking.
Missing toss elixir x sounds like a skill issue tbh, you can hit with grenades right?

This moa change is unbelievably ignorant. A 90-second cooldown and a 2-second effect, with a consent window, as a previous poster aptly put it, is absurd. It seems like the balance guy at Anet was in a hurry for his lunch break. This would be the most plausible explanation in his defense. Giving comms permanent invulnerability would have been a decision of the same level. In this case at least we would have more commanders. Like 100+ per map.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Obvious tell and a 2 second effect for a 90 second cooldown? The targeting change removing/hampering Blurred Inscriptions benefits?
At this point you could've just replaced the skill with something else if you don't have a plan on what to do with it. Painfully obvious this change was done in a rush and without a holistic plan or direction. A shame. The balancing team have once again showcased they implement changes impulsively and not very well thought-out at that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, apharma.3741 said:

it's nothing anyone would even build around

Unlike all the core engineers running around just to toss elixir X, I guess.

Also if the moa signet saw the same nerf as the stealth gyro, it'd be 0.2s moa.

But you'd get a smoke field on your target, that's useful right?! 

(smoke field will be removed next patch)

Edited by Dawdler.8521

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Unlike all the core engineers running around just to toss elixir X, I guess.

Also if the moa signet saw the same nerf as the stealth gyro, it'd be 0.2s moa.

But you'd get a smoke field on your target, that's useful right?! 

(smoke field will be removed next patch)

Dude, stay on topic instead of talking out of where you rage whisper people from.
My point is that Signet of Humility, the skill that was designed to counter unkillable builds AND transforms is now worse than a simple rushed clone job of toss elixir X. You know it, I know it and everyone else here knows it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Dude, stay on topic instead of talking out of where you rage whisper people from.
My point is that Signet of Humility, the skill that was designed to counter unkillable builds AND transforms is now worse than a simple rushed clone job of toss elixir X. You know it, I know it and everyone else here knows it.

What an odd insult given the answer is your mouth. What do you talk out from?

Anyway, I guess my point is congratulations on getting to experience what engineer has had all along - short enough moa duration they can use the moa evade followed by a dodge throughout the entire transformation. 

You're all engineers now.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What an odd insult given the answer is your mouth. What do you talk out from?

Anyway, I guess my point is congratulations on getting to experience what engineer has had all along - short enough moa duration they can use the moa evade followed by a dodge throughout the entire transformation. 

You're all engineers now.

Your points are not coming across as you think they are. Just an FYI.