This may be unpopular, but an easy Skyscale mount?

This may be unpopular, but what I really want in the expansion is a way to get the Skyscale mount without  a week of grinding. I'd even pay gems or something, but to be honest what has kept me from coming back to the game is looking at the grind for these now almost mandatory mounts on Youtube. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 52
  • Sad 1

And I would prefer the maps of the new expansion to have a lore-wise explainable mechanic that permits use of Skyscale. 😄 (When they already want to promote Warclaw it would be more fun to have less people flying around all the time switching to Warclaw only when event mechanics require it.)

Other methods to get Skyscale are not really grindy - unless you force yourself to get it fast.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

And I would prefer the maps of the new expansion to have a lore-wise explainable mechanic that permits use of Skyscale. 😄 (When they already want to promote Warclaw it would be more fun to have less people flying around all the time switching to Warclaw only when event mechanics require it.)

Other methods to get Skyscale are not really grindy - unless you force yourself to get it fast.

Nah, don't tell me it isn't a grind. This is just one Youtube video explaining how to get it... and this is a LOT. Just to Max Level the Jackal... go through all the living world story... it's a lot. 4 Days is apparently exceptional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

This it the wrong mindset: You are not supposed to level the Jackal to get the Skyscale. (When it got released people already went into the new content with the Jackal ready.) You are supposed to have unlocked the Jackal for other reasons (playing PoF content and unlocking masteries and doign other achievements).

+SotO had an easier version of the Skyscale already and some people complained. (Cause they did not want others to be able to get it easier. But for the mastery point maxing the real fans will do both ways anyways.)

• Like 4

Your information is old and wrong. SotO, the previous expansion that just ended, provided a way to get the skyscale much faster than the old LWS4 way. They did what you asked for already, more than 9 months ago.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 8

11 minutes ago, Astewart.8415 said:

Nah, don't tell me it isn't a grind

Ok, I won't. But whether you did it the LS4 way, or the SotO way, if you took it just one step per day you'd probably have it done in a couple of weeks. As opposed to what you're doing right now, which is not getting it at all. The focus of the new expansion is Warclaw.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Astewart.8415 said:

Nah, don't tell me it isn't a grind. This is just one Youtube video explaining how to get it... and this is a LOT. Just to Max Level the Jackal... go through all the living world story... it's a lot. 4 Days is apparently exceptional.

Why not just get SoTo and skip the grind altogether?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

It is unpopular, because that was literally the whole point of SotO. The game will get incredibly stale and boring if they just keep giving easier and easier skyscale access and bloated abilities with each expansion while other mounts sit on the shelf.

• Like 10

I am a bit confused about the soto skyscale unlock... From a few posts in the past, players reported that unlocking skyscale in soto masteries will only let them use skyscales in soto maps and NOT on other maps.. maybe it is still a grind for new players who want full access to skyscale on all maps.. someone can confirm

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I am a bit confused about the soto skyscale unlock... From a few posts in the past, players reported that unlocking skyscale in soto masteries will only let them use skyscales in soto maps and NOT on other maps.. maybe it is still a grind for new players who want full access to skyscale on all maps.. someone can confirm

This is false. It gives you different masteries than the Season 4 Skyscale, but Soto skyscales can be used on any map.

What's probably causing the confusion is that before you get a skyscale, there are skyscales laying around that anyone can use on the Soto maps. The same is true on Dragonfall once you get to that step of the story.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Anet could make it so every mount and mastery auto unlocks on log in and people would still complain how they have to type in their 16 character passwords... So much typing, could you make it easier? Have it scan my fingerprint then play itself on auto!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

To clarify, instead of it taking a week of grinding to get the mount, I'd like a way to get it immediately. I don't consider the grind to get the mount as essential to playing the game. I think there's more to be done WITH the SkyScale than without.  I forgot about SoTO, but certainly for the previous story chapters having the SkyScale makes playing through those chapters completely different and much better. Going into SoTO with a skyscale is also probably preferred. 

Just something I'm throwing out there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 28
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Astewart.8415 said:

To clarify, instead of it taking a week of grinding to get the mount, I'd like a way to get it immediately. I don't consider the grind to get the mount as essential to playing the game. I think there's more to be done WITH the SkyScale than without.  I forgot about SoTO, but certainly for the previous story chapters having the SkyScale makes playing through those chapters completely different and much better. Going into SoTO with a skyscale is also probably preferred. 

no

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Astewart.8415 said:

There is no chance any easier method will come along. SoTo is sold on the back of an easier path and we should never be encouraging to get something like this "immediately"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Play the game if you want the rewards.  

If "grinding" and not being able to just swipe a card and pay to win at keeping you from returning, then this may not be the game for you.  SoTO is the easier path, but you still have to show up and participate to get the trophy.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Astewart.8415 said:

You are complaining about things that you haven't even looked into yet. EVERYBODY gets a free skyscale within SotO, whether they've done the unlock or not. It's impossible to be on a SotO map without having access to skyscale.

As for you first point: No. You're asking the devs to sell something to take away the gameplay that they've given us. If you don't want to spend a reasonable amount of time to unlock a game feature, then I'm not sure why you're playing an MMO like GW2. Do you not enjoy earning rewards?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

If you don't want to spend a reasonable amount of time to unlock a game feature, then I'm not sure why you're playing an MMO like GW2

OP probably - Because it's fine to unlock the features I do want to have. If I want to have it, it should be given to me.

For so many people the problem with the game seems to be having to actually play it...

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Astewart.8415 said:

Are you aware that SotO already added an easier way of unlocking the skyscale than the one in the video you linked?

You don't need to have the skyscale already unlocked when you go into the expansion, there are rental ones in the maps and you can unlock it entirely in SotO and the base game. It's not just given to you for owning the expansion, but it is much quicker and cheaper than the original method.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

You are complaining about things that you haven't even looked into yet. EVERYBODY gets a free skyscale within SotO, whether they've done the unlock or not. It's impossible to be on a SotO map without having access to skyscale.

As for you first point: No. You're asking the devs to sell something to take away the gameplay that they've given us. If you don't want to spend a reasonable amount of time to unlock a game feature, then I'm not sure why you're playing an MMO like GW2. Do you not enjoy earning rewards?

These things are intentionally and artificially time gated. You can only do certain things a number of times per day. This isn't about the gameplay, it's about stretching out the process of getting a critical mount that is actually game changing. It isn't really optional at this point since it adds so much depth to exploration and gameplay. 

I would have no problem if there was a series of quests, like open world quests with a storyline etc. that you went on and at the end you got your Skyscale. But the process as described in many videos I've looked at is repetitive collections and what I consider to be grind, and timegated grind. 

There is the type of player that enjoys running around a map and collecting 50 of something, and then not being able to collect another 50 until 24 hours has passed. The type of player that wants to get 100% completion on maps etc. That's not me. I like the story, I like the combat, I might like running dungeons. I don't enjoy the repetitive collection aspect. 

GW2 was about story and fresh new combat mechanics , then it became more and more about collections and grinding. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 14

I don’t know what else to tell you, OP. The original LS4 way of getting the skyscale already got much easier once you could complete the ‘Return to’ achievements to get the map currencies for the saddle. That’s how I got mine and it was doable even though I have less gaming time than I’d like. Then others have explained the process got even more streamlined as part of the SotO expansion, to the point that anyone who plays that expansion should be able to get it. 

The rest is a ‘you’ problem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 1:36 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Calling it now: there will be sections in the map where no other mounts work except for warclaw with an effect similar to what you get in jumping puzzles.

• Like 5