The Warrior Spear Advantage

Kitty.4806

While the warrior spear doesn't have any special buffs, effects, or synergy, it won't need those things.

We're over here complaining about skill ceiling on a warrior weapon *facepalm*

Let's take our easy, high-dps (hopefully) weapon and laugh in the face of the other professions who don't know how to just throw spear harder.

• Haha 2

Me am Warrior. Spread legs wide, plant feet deep in earth like root of tree, throw pointy stick fast.

They have given us the tools to strike what lies beyond our reach, tools that will allow us to gorge the belly of the sun and wage war with the clouds. To strike at the stars and pierce the heavens to wage war with whatsoever lies past the back of beyond.

Pointy stick shall bring us deliverance. All hail pointy stick!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Me am Warrior. Spread legs wide, plant feet deep in earth like root of tree, throw pointy stick fast.

They have given us the tools to strike what lies beyond our reach, tools that will allow us to gorge the belly of the sun and wage war with the clouds. To strike at the stars and pierce the heavens to wage war with whatsoever lies past the back of beyond.

Pointy stick shall bring us deliverance. All hail pointy stick!

10 hours ago, Kitty.4806 said:

While the warrior spear doesn't have any special buffs, effects, or synergy, it won't need those things.

We're over here complaining about skill ceiling on a warrior weapon *facepalm*

Let's take our easy, high-dps (hopefully) weapon and laugh in the face of the other professions who don't know how to just throw spear harder.

These are the type of ppl on GW2 development for warrior team probably...clearly empty in the head. Their imagination is clouding reality of war state. Go ahead and confuse emoji me

(I'm voting with my wallet and time, either play GW1 or another game where warrior is not just an afterthought) 

• Like 3

Eh, there is benefit to simplicity - the worst SotO weapons are bad because they're chained to a terrible gimmicky mechanic, while warrior staff is one of the best because it just focused on doing what it was intended to rather than demanding some sort of minigame to fully utilise it. A weapon doesn't need a gimmicky mechanic to be good, just a solid set of skills that work well together.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vepa.6073 said:

These are the type of ppl on GW2 development for warrior team probably...clearly empty in the head. Their imagination is clouding reality of war state. Go ahead and confuse emoji me

(I'm voting with my wallet and time, either play GW1 or another game where warrior is not just an afterthought) 

Embrace the horse stance, let thy balls scrape along the rocks until callouses cover thine jewels with a hide so thick even the arrows be turned away. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Embrace the horse stance, let thy balls scrape along the rocks until callouses cover thine jewels with a hide so thick even the arrows be turned away. 

Mkay body, I think you went a bit too far this time with the nut sack callouses 😂

*Writes note: add nut sack callouses to cards against humanity...*

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mkay body, I think you went a bit too far this time with the nut sack callouses 😂

*Writes note: add nut sack callouses to cards against humanity...*

A warrior is only as strong as his weakest body part 😉

• Haha 1

idk other than the primal burst feeling a bit like flaming flurry and losing the evade i thought it was pretty cool overall lol

thankfully the damage doesn't differ based on distance, just number of targets/timing, maybe warrior'll finally have a decent ranged weapon in pvp with this

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

idk other than the primal burst feeling a bit like flaming flurry and losing the evade i thought it was pretty cool overall lol

thankfully the damage doesn't differ based on distance, just number of targets/timing, maybe warrior'll finally have a decent ranged weapon in pvp with this

Exactly, it will be Rifle in WvW/PvP except not a meme

It is a bit sad that the warrior spear mechanic is basically skill penalty based on range... and some skills having 900 range instead of 1200 (maybe with exception of 3rd skill that knockbacks). I don't really see why warrior can't throw spears far enough. We shall see during beta I guess...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The core f1 and the 5 skill are the only decent skills. The primal burst is hilariously bad, literally worse than flaming flurry, 2 and a half sec cast time and it cant even block projectiles unlike flaming flurry (which is a trash burst of course just to clarify).

5 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

It is a bit sad that the warrior spear mechanic is basically skill penalty based on range... and some skills having 900 range instead of 1200 (maybe with exception of 3rd skill that knockbacks). I don't really see why warrior can't throw spears far enough. We shall see during beta I guess...

Definitely agree with this, no reason it shouldn’t be 1200 imo

Have jealous warrior mains entered the room yet?

For legal reasons this is sarcasm.

Spear 5 should help hit stealthed targets cuz it will continue to hunt them, and spear 4 looks nice. A fast-hitting 1200-range daze isn't something you typically see from warrior. The burst looks cool too coupled with the evade frames. Why skills change from 900 range to 1200 range is just silly and inconsistent. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@draxynnic.3719Absolutely not, warrior staff is broken because it is bloated with literally EVERYTHING, and one thing in particular - heal because you use a skill...

Beats a "ranged" weapon where a significant part of your damage requires that your target be standing in a symbol that drops at your feet... and that's one of the better cases.

• Confused 1