How do the account swim-speed infusions work? [Merged]

Do I have to buy 1 account swim-speed infusion and do I have to have a "normal" +15 infusion on my other characters to receive the bonus? Or do I need 1 account +15 on each of my characters to recieve the account bonus?

How do I see what account bonus I have while not being at the vendor?

• Like 1

I don't know if this was moved or what, but it currently is in the discussion forum, not the bug forum.

So far I don't have any information other than the tooltip on the items/services. Based on that it looks like there's an "account-wide" bonus you can unlock, however only characters with the "account infusion" will have access to this bonus. "Normal" infusions should work like they always have.
I assume this means an "Account Swim Speed Infusion" adds the stated 15% swim speed plus an invisible 15% account swim speed. Buying the +20 service would make it 15% item bonus + 20% account bonus, etc. I can't say for sure because afaik there is no "swim speed" stat to check. Hopefully they either update the item to show the account stat or they add "swim speed" to the hero equipment panel. 

I am confused about the account-wide application of swim speed.  I purchased the +15 account-wide swim-speed infusion. I applied it to the character who bought it, but it doesn't seem to do anything?  I see no benefit to other characters, either. There are no duplicate account-wide infusions to add to my other characters. Some players have reported that all characters on an account need to have an individual swim-speed infusion to benefit from the bonus, but then what's the point of  "account wide"?  If that's not true, then can I remove my other characters' infusions and still gain account-wide benefits of swim speed?

As players, I feel we need more clarification. I would also like to see a swim speed stat on the Hero panel, similar to luck. (Please don't add another "buff" to the many mounds of symbols above the utility skills.)

Didn't try it but pretty sure you need to buy that "base" red account swim speed infusion (which in reality is already +15 swim speed) on every character that you want to be affected and then buying the "account wide +20/25/30" upgrades affect all of the red ones you equipped.

• Like 4

Hoping someone from the Underwater Gang (or a dev) sees this and has an answer. 

From what I'm seeing in game one "Account Swim-Speed Infusion" upgraded with one "Account Swim-Speed Boost +20" gives the equipped character a +35 to swim speed. +15 from the item, +20 from the account boost. Am I missing something, or did we really just go from 1.05M +10 infusions for +30 on one character to less than 2K +10s for +35?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That is incorrect. The new infusion's tooltip says: "Increaes swim speed by 15%, plus account bonus."

No, he was not incorrect, the "account swim speed boost +20" description indeed says "Raises the swim-speed bonus of account swim-speed infusions to 20%.".

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, he was not incorrect, the "account swim speed boost +20" description indeed says "Raises the swim-speed bonus of account swim-speed infusions to 20%.".

One more reason to correct the infusion's tooltip, which is misleading. 😉 

• Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

One more reason to correct the infusion's tooltip, which is misleading. 😉 

I agree they should fix it, but he was still correctly quoting it 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's sort of mislabeled and super expensive right now. The cheapest account bound infusion you can buy, the +15, is not actually an account bound infusion. You need one for each character that you plan to use the account bound infusion on. AFTER you get that on more than one character, every character that has it gets the higher bonus, when you buy the next level up. So the base purchase isn't really account-wide even though it says it is. It's more like an account-wide unlock.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to How do the account swim-speed infusions work? [Merged]

I did just do a master diver key run and had enough from 1 run to get a +15 with some left over. So to get to +20 account wide will just take 320 keys to complete the master diver 32 times give or take as the +10 drops at a random amount. you can get keys from the daily blood in the water or buy 10 weekly. I already had +15 on all characters so it was easy to convert them all over and just got to farm the remaining. With the cap on swim speed I don't see too much of a point to go past +20 unless they remove the cap or raise it to match the skimmer. The only reason I even have swim speed is the small chance of not having access to the skimmer (WvW and in combat).

• Like 1

I have a +19 on Donari.  I don't think I bothered putting swim infusions on any other alts.  Is the Account +15 better because it is actually a +30?  Or is it only a +15 that could become a +20 if I get one more +19 to use with my current one to get the +20 boost, though I'd then need to buy a 15 account one to install in his breather?

Basically, is the tooltip saying you get the infusion PLUS the bonus accurate, or is the "raises TO" tooltip the correct one?  I was able to get a +17 out of all of my accrued boosts, but getting that up to a 19 would be time and/or resource intensive and I don't want to bother if I can already be at +30 with the basic purchase.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 I generally hesitate to ping you, you are a busy busy person, but in this case I think you need to be alerted (if you don't already know) that this is massively confusing the players and could use clarification.

I just upgraded all characters' +15 swim speed infusions to the accountbound one for +5 agony resistance purposes, with sometimes multiple account swim speed infusions on some of them that I do fractals on. I do not think I will invest any further , at best +20 swim speed account upgrade in the future since that is a couple hundred gold currently and will drop over time. 

+15 is roughly 10 gold and is the basis for the account infusions, +20 swim speed account upgrade is roughly 350 gold now which could be reasonable if you have many characters, +25 account upgrade  is a ludicrous 9K+ gold...

7 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

Basically, is the tooltip saying you get the infusion PLUS the bonus accurate, or is the "raises TO" tooltip the correct one?

It's raised TO
If you buy the +20 account upgrade, then all your account infusions are treated as +20
You could do what I did. I had a +19 on one of my characters and collected enough to buy another +19, then merged them together for a +20 and bought the account upgrade. Now I'll buy the new account infusion for any characters I need.
I did some testing to provide clarification on how it works and whether it even works. You can read it here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I have a +19 on Donari.  I don't think I bothered putting swim infusions on any other alts.  Is the Account +15 better because it is actually a +30? 

It is is not actually a +30 because the numbers don't add. So the "old" +15 infusion results in the same swim speed increase than the new "+15 account infusion" and if you then buy a "+20 account upgrade" once you do not have a +35 (15+20) but only a +20 (like the old +20 infusion) for all characters that have the "+15 account infusion".

I spent some time and did some swim speed tests.

In conclusion, if you already use "Swim-Speed Infusion +15" and just want to get "Account Swim-Speed Boost +20", It doesn't seem worth to make your "Account Swim-Speed Infusion" from +15 swim speed to +20 swim speed.

+15 swim speed to +20 swim speed almost no change at all.

Every "Account Swim-Speed Infusion" will cost you a "Swim-Speed Infusion +15" you already used  and  extra 10 ecto. You end up with the infusion that can't be sold.

For open world, out of combat cap is 136%, you can just use "Swim-Speed Infusion +10" with passive 25% and almost get the cap.

Even if you need more speed for combat, you can just use "Swim-Speed Infusion +15".

Once you purchase "Account Swim-Speed Boost +20", all the swim infusion your character need have to upgrade to "Account Swim-Speed Infusion" for the account benefit.

Or you can buy "Account Swim-Speed Boost +20" and still use "Swim-Speed Infusion +10" or "Swim-Speed Infusion +15".

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

bought the +20 account wide  with a +20 swim infusion and 30 ecto.  When purchased both the infusion and ecto disappeared.  When in water I I don't see any icon to show a speed boost or any icon similar to the karma buffs icon we get from the Living World maps when we purchased those buffs.  Doesn't appear to be swimming faster,  when I equip a utility skill to boost speed on ranger, thief.  I can see my character increase in speed.   Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?   

Edited by Daniyyel.3428

Same thing happened to me and it was very confusing. As best I can tell, the +20 account boost is NOT an actual infusion. It's just a permanent boost to any +15 account wide infusions you have. So you need to also get a  +15 account wide infusion for that +20 boost to be applied to. I was not able to find anything that indicated my +15 account infusion was actually now a +20 infusion but that is what seems to be going on. Here's the wiki page about all this. 

• Like 2