Instead of turning into a bee, shouldn't players use their Jade Bots to explore Homestead? [Merged]

In the preview video released by PC Gamer yesterday, at the 6-minute mark the player turned into a bee to explore the Homestead. It seems like that will be a feature included in the Homestead build menu. That's great and all, but shouldn't the player transform or take control of their Jade Bots to explore the Homestead instead of transforming into a bee?

• Like 8
  • Confused 7

I agree that would make sense for characters who have the jade bot, but I don't think it would be very popular if they tied a basic function of decorating to an upgrade from a seperate expansion. Also I do have EoD but I think only 2 or 3 of my characters have jade bots.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

You better BEElieve this will be part of the mastery for housing; or as a bee you can do this or that or fly faster or higher or etc. idk I imagine they will have more to it then what a jadebot would offer let alone it being from another xpac. NOW, as an alternative or being able to set up a jadebot station in the homestead to explore that way would be cool; but not to replace the beehive.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, EriskRedLemur.7153 said:

You better BEElieve this will be part of the mastery for housing; or as a bee you can do this or that or fly faster or higher or etc. idk I imagine they will have more to it then what a jadebot would offer let alone it being from another xpac. NOW, as an alternative or being able to set up a jadebot station in the homestead to explore that way would be cool; but not to replace the beehive.

Think of the gemstore sales with different flying skins.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CAA.9653 said:

In the preview video released by PC Gamer yesterday, at the 6-minute mark the player turned into a bee to explore the Homestead. It seems like that will be a feature included in the Homestead build menu. That's great and all, but shouldn't the player transform or take control of their Jade Bots to explore the Homestead instead of transforming into a bee?

I can understand using a Bee skin for the free-cam mode, as some (crazy) players may not have EoD and access to a Jadebot, so thematically in-game having a different skins makes sence.
it would be nice to be able to change the bee's skin to our current jadebot skin

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree that would make sense for characters who have the jade bot, but I don't think it would be very popular if they tied a basic function of decorating to an upgrade from a seperate expansion. Also I do have EoD but I think only 2 or 3 of my characters have jade bots.

I guess I am thinking that instead of transforming into a Bee, which doesn't make any sense, players should transform/take control of a Jade Bot regardless of expansion simply because a Jade Bot is lore friendly, and has already been introduced. I'm not suggesting they make any changes to game play and exploration of Homestead. I am simply saying the Bee might be better with a Jade Bot skin for in-game lore reasons. That is, unless there is an in-game lore reason to turn into a bee. Maybe they will introduce beehives and honey, in which case a turning into a bee might make sense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CAA.9653 said:

I guess I am thinking that instead of transforming into a Bee, which doesn't make any sense, players should transform/take control of a Jade Bot regardless of expansion simply because a Jade Bot is lore friendly, and has already been introduced. I'm not suggesting they make any changes to game play and exploration of Homestead. I am simply saying the Bee might be better with a Jade Bot skin for in-game lore reasons. That is, unless there is an in-game lore reason to turn into a bee. Maybe they will introduce beehives and honey, in which case a turning into a bee might make sense.

The bee is also lore friendly we can already turn into it in super adventure box mate.

• Like 4

I more hope that, unlike the Jade Bot, we can go first person with the Bee. That would open up great photo and video opportunities for us.

Imagine, your park your favorite character in a great pose, then you can use the Bee to find the perfect angle for a picture...

Please Anet, first person on this feature?

I personally don't think it will be the Jade Bot since (as someone mentioned before) that would require owning both Janthir Wilds and End of Dragons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CAA.9653 said:

Well, Jade Bots are an EoD exclusive feature. Homesteads on the other hand are an JW exclusive feature.
It would be odd for people without EoD to have a Jade Bot in their homestead for some reason but nowhere else.

Also the jade tech design would not fit into the overall naturally "lonely log hut" design of the homestead. A bee does.

Edited by kiroho.4738
spelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

I'm glad I won't have to use my jade bot, I hate it. Maybe they will sell an overpriced bee jade bot skin instead.

And it would sell like crazy. 

I know enough people who would kill for a cute bee jadebot/mini. 🐝

On 6/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, frazazel.7501 said:

Next OP is going to want to put jade batteries and jade protocols in their homestead, too.

I'm fine with jadebot being an optional housing feature, there for people who want it but not forced immersion-breaking.

And obviously, anyone who would rather have that over a being a kitten-kittening bee is a lame-o. Buzzbuzz!

My guess is because Jade Bot is tied to EoD, so as a baseline they have to make the housing bee a stand alone, in case the player did not purchase EoD. But nothing should stop Anet to include the usage of Jade Bot and its skins as a bee replacement if you have EoD.

Edited by phandaria.4891
  • Like 2

That's what I thought! See the post I made a couple of days ago. I know it's a game and all, and Mesmers turn people into Moas, but turning into a random bee just doesn't make sense. Lore wise, it makes a lot more sense if the player turned into a Jade Bot. I guess turning into a bee is an Adventure Box thing, but I always skip SAB so I wouldn't know.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Instead of turning into a bee, shouldn't players use their Jade Bots to explore Homestead? [Merged]

I know it's a game and all, and Mesmers turn people into Moas, but turning into a random bee just doesn't make sense.

What part does not make sense?
It fits the overall theme of the homestead perfectly. A jade bot does not.

Lore wise, it makes a lot more sense if the player turned into a Jade Bot.

It does not make sense at all for people without EoD.

I guess turning into a bee is an Adventure Box thing, but I always skip SAB so I wouldn't know.

It's not.

There is a bee-dog transformation in SAB, but that has nothing to do with the bee of the homestead.

• Like 5

On 6/26/2024 at 11:07 AM, CAA.9653 said:

Jade bot wasn't used because it would tie the content of one expansion to another (End of Dragons)  The bee is used because SAB is a feature for all players.

19 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Homesteads has nothing to do with SAB.

You mix up the new bee with SAB's bee-dog.

Yes but why sab bee was injected into the converstaion was that a bee was somehow not lore friendly while jade bot is.

And it was then proven incorrect and even base game lore compared to jade bot that need a specific expansion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1