Things that I would like in my Homestead, what would you like? [Merged]

A painting of Tybalt for sure!

And also voting for bookshelf  🙂

Now for my own far-fetched idea: I know it's not going to happen but imagine if one character from each of your guildmates (whether the one your currently representing, or (even more far-fecthed,) across all your guilds) could wander through as an NPC for all us lonely players , kind of like a 'mega-cross-guild-guild hall' ❤️

Edited by SouthPaw.9705
Elaborated
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I had hoped to be able to place my unlocked gathering nodes where I wanted but according to the buffed interview they'll have assigned places. 

In that case I hope there will be an option that lets you decide if you want the things you have unlocked in your home instance to show up in your homestead as well.

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why the limiting 10 when you can have up to 50?

That's for guild halls. I could live with there being an in-between of Home Instances and Guild Halls.

Edited by Malus.2184

I'd like the mount stables to let visitors borrow/ride your mounts with the masteries you have while within the instance. Mount rental stations are great, but many of them kind of lose the point because they give you a basic mount with no masteries. It'd be a great way to give people the full experience of a mount they may not have unlocked, to give them a better idea of what the end result will be.

• Like 6

I would really like some use for minis in the game. Now that we have a home, perhaps they can later implement a use for the minis with gathering, walking around home, etc. Just like you would in Paworld or Once Human.

Having them slowly collect resources or at least the nodes each day would be fine. Then you can just pop in and grab from a chest each day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I watched the livestream. Here are a couple of takeaways. You can set whether it is daytime or nighttime. You can have 10 of each armor weight of your alts, for a total of 30, stay in your Homestead. You will have the same nodes in your Homestead that you have in your Home instance but you cannot double dip. You can collect from one or the other but not both on the same day. They originally said that we would be getting the one click to collect from all nodes, that is one each for mining, gathering and logging, in a post launch release. They have decided to give it to us at launch. Leaving your character in your Homestead will earn you a buff. The amount depends on your Mastery. You can get up to 20% XP gain. You can also earn up to 10% reward gain for WvW and PvP. We will have 2 portals in the Homestead. One to Lion's Arch and one to the Wizard's Tower (if you have SOTO).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Running around Tyria for awhile, I've noticed other things that I think would be cool to have.

• Go back and finish these guild hall decoration sets!
    • Additional Ascalonian wall and ruin pieces. These models have served the ArenaNet team for a very long time. They are used in every WvW map and several PvP maps, as well as both new and old PvE maps. These objects have seen a ton of mileage throughout the game! With the new rotation and move tools, we can work with these pieces in a similar way that a developer would! Ruins are easy to place around and look pretty cool. We have Ascalonian pillars in the current guild hall decoration system, but no walls or floors.
    • Auric Basin and Guilded Hollow are basically entire cities of gold. They have gold foundations and stairs. Gold spring fountains. Lots of models that could be decorations, thanks to future tools that we are being granted, but are not at this moment. We are stuck with just our golden pillars and walls, which limits their uses as a whole.
  • Buildings with interior entry. The humans have amazing buildings in the Township of Claypool and the Salma District! They seem to also have deeper foundations than some of the other building models. They are nice and easy ways to populate an area with decorations, compared to needing to build every building from scratch. Most players probably aren't able to make anything as satisfying as these structures.
  • Airships. Griffon racing and jumping puzzles create a demand for flying themed objects. We have them, but airships are one of the coolest flying objects! They also create yet another platform for players to place additional objects upon.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I've got all the cats, but to be honest I think it would be great to get new home instance collections for the homestead. These collections would not port to the core HI, much like decorations and alts won't. Not everyone likes cats, and I think it would also just add a new layer of life to the homesteads.

The proposal:

Bring in new "micro collections" of six-eight animals each, or larger scale collections like the cats have. These could be unlocked once you expand into various new territories to prevent crowding a small area, which would also allow for a more naturally integrated feel as they would "belong" to dedicated areas of the homestead map. These collections as mentioned could be only 6-8 creatures in each one at most to save on resources, but I think it would be absolutely something the community would adore.

The animals:

Here I will suggest animal options I think would be interesting! Rabbits would be absolutely great for this homestead, and the diversity in patterns and breeds would be perfect for a collection, plus a large grassy area with flowers full of binkying bunnies is adorable. Dogs are a fan favorite pet with hundreds of breeds to choose to model that absolutely should be included as who wouldn't love a big old dog area to see them run around and play in! Birds could have a small aviary we could walk into, with the collection being fostering and taking care of birds that are no longer able to support themselves in the wild. Butterflies or other insects as an homage to Gorrik and Blish? A ratty/mousey buddy area for our little pocket companions, perhaps inside the homestead in their own room safe from the cats. An endangered animal collection that can be used to raise awareness of real endangered animals that should be protected to keep them from going extinct like red pandas; maybe the collection being about stopping poachers and creating a sanctuary on our own lands. This last one could even be locked in the gem store as a partnership with various charities the proceeds go to for that extra touch of making a difference.

I think these would be a great option to add into the homestead to further allow for that ambient life feel and even add that little touch more to the player experience.

Edited by Telyn Ethuil.6908
Title clarification
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

I want chickens, pigs and cows, finally live in the farm and give the finger to The Pact and two fingers to the Astral Ward.

Tyria can deal with its own problems, I'm all done here, bring in the rocking chair, light up the pipe, and stay out of my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So HoT, PoF, EoD and every expansion after that. 
I think it'll be cool, maybe could make them a placeable. 

Also would love to have something where you could make an area PvP enabled to make arenas and stuff. Really excited for Homesteads! 

• Like 1

If it's its own unique instance not located anywhere specific on the map then I want to be able to completely change the setting. Not a fan of the "having a home in the untouched wilderness" theme. Give me the option to go for something more Asuran themed like the vicinity around Rata Sum or the "Asuran structures in space" theme we have for the Mistlock Sanctuary.

• Like 2

I was sharing an idea earlier with an Anet partner and thought I would share this with all of you as well. I had an idea of possibly having an arena/combat ring area you could place into your Homestead where you could fight other players and your other created characters on your own account. The former could utilize resources from the guild hall and the latter could use the same AI and resources the Doppleganger fight has in Elon Riverlands. Let me know your thoughts and ideas about this and maybe (fingers crossed) an Anet dev might consider implementing this idea into the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1