willbender problem

why ANET allows willbenders to be this way ? like they have high mobility, high survivability and high damage , if you try to attack them they will just run away with their 20 blinks or almost all boons existing in their build , or if you try to run they will catch you up in same way , i try to attack one , all i see dodge dodge dodge, evade evade evade , block block block , and then i  get downed by seconds , does ANET really likes guardian this much ?

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The WvW forum has produced multiple threads about willbender, there has been constant posts in balance patch feed-back, all of which has been to no avail. The balance issue of willbender has been a topic for some time now, I would prefer if Anet would just address the willbender issue, even if it was to say they do not see any problem with willbender, I think the amount of threads, discussions, and balance patch feed back atleast warrants a "we see no issue" response (if that is the case), then we can stop wasting our time trying to offer constructive feed back on this issue. 

I am sure that if Anet does decide to investigate this matter, there are plenty on this forum who will explain the core issues of willbender in terms of balance. But as they rarely respond directly to WvW forum balance posts, I think for the time being willbender will continue to be an issue. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

What problem? I'm always amazed by these posts about wb's. I'm a weaver and wb's doesnt feel much stronger than me, I beat most of them tbh! So what class/spec are u playing to have issues with wb's?

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6

This kind of post is good, it lets ppl know that Willy is OP, therefore more ppl will play it as Fotm.
It creates a healthy influx of dumdums who go on it, have no clue what they are doing, and become OUR bags.
These posters are secretly trying to get more noobies playing WB, so these noobie WBs become easy kills for everyone.
They are spreading false propaganda so that WvW gets more content and alleviate the population loss.
Their genius is truly frightening!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

What problem? I'm always amazed by these posts about wb's. I'm a weaver and wb's doesnt feel much stronger than me, I beat most of them tbh! So what class/spec are u playing to have issues with wb's?

Ppls hate wb not bc they're difficult to beat, but bc they're memey. They feature the same hit and run gameplay that thieves have exploited since launch, and thieves still do it better. But as the poster above said, wb is the flavor of the month so you see a ton of them, and ppls like to complain about them . . .

But the truth is that every class has broken builds, as you point out for weaver. And if tons of ppls were running around on it, that would be the one everyone was complaining about. But they play wb instead. For my money I think that cele druid thing is probs the most broken atm? But not that many ppls play it so it's nbd . . .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

It's actually a joke how you can use all your mobility to play offensively, pop your elite, then use it all to run away.

Zero risk, all reward. Good design.

8 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

It took them 3 years to nerf holosmith, so we have to be getting close...right?

It also took them nearly a decade to finally remove trapper runes stealth + super speed bonus, lol.

WvW(or PvP) shouldn't be taken seriously. The devs sure don't take it seriously.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Willbenders can be a pain to fight, especially if you let them get the jump on you. However, once you figure out how they work, you can counter.

Block or evade their initial burst, and after that they're usually pretty squishy and have to run. Once they do run, watch for them using their invulnerability and don't waste your skills (this is classic mistake). Try and keep up with them until they're vulnerable again, CC and burst. 

I get that they have very high mobility and that makes them hard to catch for many classes. High mobility is not unique to Willbenders though,there are a number of classes/builds with exceptional short term sustain and mobility.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

At the very least most builds can fight Willbender with proper defensive play and easily counter burst a Willbender down (if they're glass, as most Willbenders are. The Cele ones are just carried by Cele so that's another issue altogether)

If you find Willbenders troublesome, wait till you see Harbingers. They are basically the same as Willbender but all their damage is ranged along with the 4 to 5 CCs they layer all over you and just crush you with pure toxic gameplay. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

never had that much problem with WBs.   They are prettty much toast if one to kite or survive their window of burst. If you never complained about mesmers and thieves' mobility and their burst and run capabilities, you shouldn't have problem catching WBs. Seem like a skill issue, to put it in a nicest way.  For every class, seems to be few  of these posts, "Anet, I can't do anything about this class, please nerf them."  

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Stone.6751 said:

Willbenders can be a pain to fight, especially if you let them get the jump on you. However, once you figure out how they work, you can counter.

Block or evade their initial burst, and after that they're usually pretty squishy and have to run. Once they do run, watch for them using their invulnerability and don't waste your skills (this is classic mistake). Try and keep up with them until they're vulnerable again, CC and burst. 

I get that they have very high mobility and that makes them hard to catch for many classes. High mobility is not unique to Willbenders though,there are a number of classes/builds with exceptional short term sustain and mobility.

Basically like every glascannon out there. Survive burst combo -> terminate.

the trick is to survive said combo. In a duel you can guess and see it comin.

when you are „out there“ doing whatever and a willy „peekaboo“-s you from behind a tree you have a hard time to properly react.

on the other hand, being that squishy means that others can jump on you as easy aswell.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My favorite roaming build usually deals well with your average overconfident willbender in a 1v1.  But I agree, they're slightly overtuned compared to the rest of the roaming pool. Being so good at everything (offense, defense, boons and mobility) is not okay and should be looked at. But welp, I don't think they'll get nerfed any time soon. 

• Like 4

I think it's funny to read "to just dodge" their burst, because their burst is on a ridiculous low cooldown compared to other classes. Their ground AoE is bursting harder than three necro wells combined so you can easily secure a down without having to stomp. Additionally it has most features that make guardians strong and way more mobility.
Totally fun fighting something that you can't outrun with a burst option on an under 30s cd.

Edited by urd.8306
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Issues with willbender are many. F1 has no business doing this much damage. Nerf it. F2 has no business being both cleanse, evade, boon and aoe dmg, and 2 ammo skill. Jesus. Nerf F2 already. F3 gives too many boons and with so many hits willbender has, it is excessive. Nerf it. Judge's Intervention should have a casting time (even if 0.01s) so that it cannot be cast into other skill animations. That is just exploitative, and leaves the opponent no chance to react to certain hits. It it simply unfair. If you want to make it instant cast, make it a targeted teleport like mesmer's so that it will be more difficult to simply appear from below elevation or behind wall to 1-shot the enemy. Renewed focus invul duration is too long. You nerfed virtuoso's invul this way, why not guardian's? Make it 2 seconds instead of 3.  Not even sure if that would be a nerf or a buff too since willbender can burst again sooner by that change lol.

• Like 14
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Melian.5368 said:

Issues with willbender are many. F1 has no business doing this much damage. Nerf it. F2 has no business being both cleanse, evade, boon and aoe dmg, and 2 ammo skill. Jesus. Nerf F2 already. F3 gives too many boons and with so many hits willbender has, it is excessive. Nerf it. Judge's Intervention should have a casting time (even if 0.01s) so that it cannot be cast into other skill animations. That is just exploitative, and leaves the opponent no chance to react to certain hits. It it simply unfair. If you want to make it instant cast, make it a targeted teleport like mesmer's so that it will be more difficult to simply appear from below elevation or behind wall to 1-shot the enemy. Renewed focus invul duration is too long. You nerfed virtuoso's invul this way, why not guardian's? Make it 2 seconds instead of 3.  Not even sure if that would be a nerf or a buff too since willbender can burst again sooner by that change lol.

Agree with above. If i play zerker mes, the F1 if lands hits for like 8k, if cele mes it's around or upto 5k. Not sure why F2 has 2 charges.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

I think the issue with WB is the same issue that ANET fixed by removing damage from CC. Movement abilities have no business hitting for 5-7k.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

i just hate their awesome mobility. I got rocket boots! ROC-KET BOOTS! And they zipzap around in full plate. Porting through trees, houses, some walls, elevations. If i try that my face get smashed... 

Personally i see a lot more mesmers on the battlefield. I still hate willbenders but i am learning to deal with them ....except when one is hiding behind a tree.

Anet has not much of a clue i think how to handle this so it's something that stays. To me it's so weird that some classes get nerfed to hell and some like that one doesn't get touched. Smells like favorism *shrugs*. Can't touch this.🎶

• Like 3