Get answers to your top questions regarding the new Homesteads feature! [Merged]

7 minutes ago, Jason.3485 said:

I would love to display trophies and achievement and high end gear unlocks like in GW1 Hall of Monuments.  Is that going to be similar in homesteads as well?

We know we get both weapon displays as well as statues that can wear your armor. 

Sounds a bit less interesting now - but I alread read in other threads where people had been discussing that the homesteads would require the owner to be online and max 5 people (in the party) could visit them.

Fixed locations for the nodes: ... I would have preferred a bit more customization options. (To be able to at least move them a bit in a certain area. There seem to be areas that are mentioned ... lumber mill will probably have the wood/tree nodes close to it.) Hopefully it is efficient to gather - so we won't prefer the home instance instead. 😄

Being able to move the chars that are logged sounds nice. (If it correctly remembers the position. I exect it to have bugs in the beginning ... like: You logging into the other char and logging out in the homestead again and it resets them to the default position instead to the one you moved them towards.)

Crafting ... I'd have preferred a manual levelling. On the other hand: There might be less trash you have to craft to level it now. And nice that this way it will not use a crafting discipline slot ... if just unlocking the mastery lets you interact with the station with recipes unlocked. Then again ... masteries have only a few levels while in the usual system from 0 to 400 (or 500) you have a lot of small steps. Like every 25 something new unlocked. (A bit more than the usual maybe 5-7 mastery line steps.)

• Confused 2

Ah... I'd hoped a squad could visit, not just a party. Oh well. Perhaps in a future update? (Pretty please with a quaggan on top?) Thank you for answering some questions! Looking forward to this. 😄

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Other than our alt characters, I wonder if we may get NPCs that we can customize later for our homestead so we can expand on the Homestead into maybe a small town if players wanted to develop it that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Ah... I'd hoped a squad could visit, not just a party. Oh well. Perhaps in a future update? (Pretty please with a quaggan on top?) Thank you for answering some questions! Looking forward to this. 😄

It sounds like you can invite more players than just a party:

Players who are not in a party can use the door to request a party invitation from the door owner, and the owner interacting with the door will initiate the instance-transfer countdown.

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It sounds like you can invite more players than just a party:

Players who are not in a party can use the door to request a party invitation from the door owner, and the owner interacting with the door will initiate the instance-transfer countdown.

If you, "request a party invitation," from someone whose party is already full now what happens? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Does one have to stay in a party once entering the Homestead? 

Good question. If you leave a party while visiting someone's home instance now you get kicked (I think). 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Good question. If you leave a party while visiting someone's home instance now you get kicked (I think). 

Can confirm, you do. I wonder if it will be the same for homesteads.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If it was meant to accommodate more players than 1 party, they'd probably use "squad" instead. It might be a simple wording mistake, but doubt it is, probably max 5 and if you leave the party, you're kicked out of the instance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If you, "request a party invitation," from someone whose party is already full now what happens? 

same thing that happens when you try to join a full party normally, you get told the party is full

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Sounds a bit less interesting now - but I alread read in other threads where people had been discussing that the homesteads would require the owner to be online and max 5 people (in the party) could visit them.

Fixed locations for the nodes: ... I would have preferred a bit more customization options. (To be able to at least move them a bit in a certain area. There seem to be areas that are mentioned ... lumber mill will probably have the wood/tree nodes close to it.) Hopefully it is efficient to gather - so we won't prefer the home instance instead. 😄

It's already been confirmed that there will be a post-launch feature where you will be able to go up to a single gathering station and harvest from every node at once with one click. So if the node placement is less efficient than the home instance, it'll only be an issue for the next three months or so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randin.5701 said:

It's already been confirmed that there will be a post-launch feature where you will be able to go up to a single gathering station and harvest from every node at once with one click. So if the node placement is less efficient than the home instance, it'll only be an issue for the next three months or so.

Yeaso  3 clicks then 1 for ores, 1 for woods and 1 for plants.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Randin.5701 said:

Will that one click still give me the benefit of my glyphs . . ?

• ArenaNet Staff
3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I've got an answer for that--as well as a few extra bits of info about how Conjured Doorways behave in the world. 🙂

If the door owner's party is full, there won't be a request option and the door will look closed. 

Additionally, interacting with any other player's door gives you the option to hide it for yourself. Your door is automatically hidden from players you have blocked. 

We'll be sharing many more details this Friday on the livestream--don't miss it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

The blocked bit is definitely cool. My block list is empty, but it's nice to see that feature getting some more functionality . . .

EDIT: Regarding the above, the blog post mentions that access to the homestead will be via a mastery skill. Hopefully this is an attempt to address scroll/tome bloat . . .

Edited by Gop.8713