Anet Killed world vs world ! Change my mind !

22 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

If  at this point it never occurred you there were any issue at all, I  believe no answer will satisfy you.  Aint the backlash and feedbacks in the WvW forum ain't not informative enough? Much have been well said in other threads, I dont need to repeat them.  And so what if you could formulate a fix,  you could tell Anet what to do?  Your magic solution will just be buried just like many other countless proposed solutions people spent time writings.

You can use the search options for the issues that I have with them. But why would you want me to assume that the players I am replying to, and to you, have the same issues versus different? 🙂  Welcome to Forum Wars 2, all are welcome lol. The one thing I would say about the forums, is never expect all to agree. So using a, I dislike it, and assuming another I dislike it, both meant the same thing is an assumption. One could have been about Teef and another about Willie and a third about Necro, and fourth about Ele and the fifth about cake versus pie. That's kind of how the forums go. I not a fan of the, 'I am outraged' group think, and more of how can we fix it group.

You don't need to repeat anything, you just need to point out which ones you refer too since there a a lot of them and they are quite different. 

Personally I have seen over a decade that Anet does apply changes that match player feedback. But that is overtime I admit. But without detail, what changes do you want them to make? Are you offended by bag space? 

I miss my pub & pug style server and all the peeps I could assume would be around and I could cover them and they would cover me. But what issues are you referring to? Details matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Hence the question: what is your solution? Go back to static servers?

Since you ask and since the topic is the same, I copy and paste what I just wrote on the other post:

I'm sorry but it would be doing the wrong thing for the umpteenth time.

At this point there is no turning back. we only move forward. So: either we choose to play WVW on a guild basis, and then you have to ask Anet to complete the work it started and provide a game design (comparison and competition) that highlights the guild, including scoring and ranking as well as an automatic multiplier that allows all guilds to participate in the competition. 10 men as 100 men.
Or we choose to go back to playing WVW on a server basis, so you have to ask Anet to update the transfer mechanics and rethink a serious points system, because this is ridiculous quite a bit. and seriously consider getting out of the perpetual format we've always had (boring) and start thinking about a 12-month seasonal format of competition/tournament then use WR on New Year's Day and the competition starts again. No one wants to go back to what we had before, I'm sorry but we want a lot more at this point for this game mode.

Surely what we have now is just a mess. it is truly a half-hearted job. The mechanics make the server useless, while the design is still the same as before server-based. The result is to play a useless team PvP game. The collective team interest simply isn't there, resulting in a loss of interest, at least that's the effect it has on me.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2024 at 7:08 PM, reddie.5861 said:

celestial on every god kitten idiot out there having groups with 4 supports 1 dps?

If it works how are they idiots... ?

On 8/5/2024 at 12:18 AM, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

If you don't have 5 eles and 5 fb then the zerg isn't worth joining.

> We don't like every class doing everything, want classes to be special

> If you don't have a comp with specific classes it doesn't work

Pick one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

On 8/8/2024 at 7:51 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

Then there is the other aspect to consider: work load. The old static server and linking system required far more developer attention than world restructuring (at least once WR fully works or is in a final state the studio is happy with, which might be now). This on its own might be sufficient for the developers to NOT go back to servers, unrelated to "quality" of WvW. An entire separate issues which would need solving and ideas (though there might be a way to appropriate the WR system for that, not sure).

You can't assume this. The static server and linking could have been automated based on certain parameters (e.g. total server population size for WvW). That's an easy match. Bandwaggong could have been prevented by handling transfers properly, so that the number of people transferring never made the server population exceed maximum size.

Shards would appear to require much more balancing. How does each alliance match with a maximum server population under the old system? How to balance large guilds/alliances with smaller guilds/alliances and people in no guilds/alliances? What do you do when alliances crumble and reform?

• Like 4

Ive jumped back to WvW recently after a break, had my share of fun but Anet barely did any improvement.

-Celestial elementalist are still walking force of nature that only really dies if there happens to be a boon corrupt necro around

-Thief is still the king with excessive mobility, excessive stealth, both combine sometime on instant cast skill while also having tons of exploits available to enter keeps and towers

-Tons of places still have invisible one sided walls that blocks your projectile

I manage to have fun despite these....toxic things mostly because I just no longer cares about the outcome, I just semi afk around waiting to get my rewards until I have enough and leave. But if you are someone who wants to truly gets into WvW, outside of playing boonballs in massive guild, or playing Thief solo, good luck actually enjoying the gamemode.

I wouldnt say the gamemode is dead. But it is definitely not worth investing time into that gamemode. And it hurts for me to say this considering it's my favorite gamemode with PvE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

You can't assume this. The static server and linking could have been automated based on certain parameters (e.g. total server population size for WvW). That's an easy match. Bandwaggong could have been prevented by handling transfers properly, so that the number of people transferring never made the server population exceed maximum size.

I am not assuming. The devs habe come out and said that relinking was being done by hand.

Even if linking could have been automated, server creation or removal would not have been.  Remember the thread about how the developers told us they had to rewrite legacy code and needed to be kitten well sure not to screw things up while migrating the server to a shard system? Adding and removing shards is also part of WR.

Bandwagoning is a different issue and yes, could have been tackled in different ways.

8 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Shards would appear to require much more balancing. How does each alliance match with a maximum server population under the old system? How to balance large guilds/alliances with smaller guilds/alliances and people in no guilds/alliances? What do you do when alliances crumble and reform?

and all of that irrelevant once the system is in place and works properly since it IS automated.

The only question here is: will the system reach a state where more players are happy with it versus now.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

There ya go Grimm! You can call it RvR again! 

🙂 and a WAAAGH! to you, 😉 

lol, ikr!

Don't get me started. I still miss peeps from Warhammer Online. Let alone servermates with the WR changes. 🙂 

Edit: +1 lol from me. 🙂 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Confused 1

On 8/9/2024 at 2:43 AM, Riba.3271 said:

Well you are right, it isn't World vs World anymore.

It is bunch of randoms vs bunch of randoms vs bunch of randoms. Lets call it Random vs Random.

Ok Riba, peace, let's give them feedback. 

I am floating with my ting guild to gauge the sorts and see what the sorts look like. Are you doing the same? This isn't a counter post but a question? 

Wasn't everyone (most everyone) looking forward to this?

Didn't people as soon as alliances were mentioned and it was "happening soon" jump into mega blob guilds and partner up  (even though it was waaay, way too early for that)

I don't remember anyone realizing this might make the game mode "lopsided" (even though it was kinda obvious that might happen)

mega blobs vs small guild alliances vs pugs , seems to be the outcome

the whole idea of alliances(even though you can't get rid of it now) might be part of the problem.

guild vs guild | should have been just that. People liked the idea of it being like gw1 (so i've heard never played) but yea this is totally unbalanced now.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

and the scoring. if people like KDR then shouldn't that be weighted higher? Then those that have a higher score should face each other. seems kinda obvious.

OR idk unbalance it more and allow match ups for those that regularly score lower to have more players on the field then those that score higher? (just brainstorming here, don't h8) 😄

maybe this would balance it out

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Synergy.4310 said:

CMC and Roy Marks have completely destroyed WvW.

Clearly this ''game'' is just for them and their discord buddies

We are just the dumb marks, paying for their hobby.

well...

one less ''mark'' o/

right behind you.

F this garbage

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

as someone who experienced the demise and downfall of age of conan open world pvp thru total bonkers gameplay design, i can say almost certain out  of experience the same will happen in gw2 wvw..  same people defending same crap allover the place playin unfixed stuff anyways no matter what. inept game studios not interested or ignorant or whatever...

two differneces though: aoc code was a bugfest, unlike gw2. open pvp was inside pve content as intended, unlike gw2. if anet manages to implement a link between these really largescale wvw maps and the structured pvp, somehow like a slightly bigger alterac or so, it would be more inviting for starters.

i didn think the wvw ebg or else was very inviting when i first entered it. it was more like "jeesas whats that crap? a giant dead map with some icons movin, some monsters and npcs here n there. no players anywhere?". im not even talkin about items etc...or the fact that wvw is on the long run fairly profitable, the more you play, the more characters you have, you get your gold together to buy items on a certain basic level for wvw, totally customizable. all fine....and then the first spamblob fight kicks in...oh my. then siegeweapons etc...tbh in the end the game just needs ONE siegeweapon: the cata. everything else is waste of effort and moneys

• Like 2

For a dead gamemode there's surely a lot of activity and queues, I wonder what WvW will be like if it's finally revived after being dead since.. however long people have been going on about WvW being dead when it's not exactly like what they want.

Just because it's kitten it's not necessearily dead.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Wasn't everyone (most everyone) looking forward to this?

Didn't people as soon as alliances were mentioned and it was "happening soon" jump into mega blob guilds and partner up  (even though it was waaay, way too early for that)

I don't remember anyone realizing this might make the game mode "lopsided" (even though it was kinda obvious that might happen)

mega blobs vs small guild alliances vs pugs , seems to be the outcome

the whole idea of alliances(even though you can't get rid of it now) might be part of the problem.

guild vs guild | should have been just that. People liked the idea of it being like gw1 (so i've heard never played) but yea this is totally unbalanced now.

No actually. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

and the scoring. if people like KDR then shouldn't that be weighted higher? Then those that have a higher score should face each other. seems kinda obvious.

OR idk unbalance it more and allow match ups for those that regularly score lower to have more players on the field then those that score higher? (just brainstorming here, don't h8) 😄

maybe this would balance it out

No again, KDR should allow fights to weigh into consideration but  the objectives should be the item that triggers the fights to occur. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2024 at 4:23 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You can use the search options for the issues that I have with them. But why would you want me to assume that the players I am replying to, and to you, have the same issues versus different? 🙂  Welcome to Forum Wars 2, all are welcome lol. The one thing I would say about the forums, is never expect all to agree. So using a, I dislike it, and assuming another I dislike it, both meant the same thing is an assumption. One could have been about Teef and another about Willie and a third about Necro, and fourth about Ele and the fifth about cake versus pie. That's kind of how the forums go. I not a fan of the, 'I am outraged' group think, and more of how can we fix it group.

You don't need to repeat anything, you just need to point out which ones you refer too since there a a lot of them and they are quite different. 

Personally I have seen over a decade that Anet does apply changes that match player feedback. But that is overtime I admit. But without detail, what changes do you want them to make? Are you offended by bag space? 

I miss my pub & pug style server and all the peeps I could assume would be around and I could cover them and they would cover me. But what issues are you referring to? Details matter.

Sorry confused peeps. If you are NA, you can always join my chill group if I am open tagged. You can join me while roaming or havoc as well, but not be vis when havoc to not draw from an open tag. All welcome. Was funny had a few ask, new to WvW, can I ask question? Added them outright to friends. Mileage varies for all groups. Love it when we can encourage players to try and tag up. 

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2024 at 10:14 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

If it works how are they idiots... ?

This is true.

If exist and if its OP and does not get changed nor balanced, game meant to work that way.

Never blame players for playing on builds/setups that carries its the developers that allow and dictate the balance of the game not the players, if blobs were 100% minstrels and there's no changed towards it meant that devs love it and don't want to change it.

People use what makes them more efficient most time players can't even distinguish is its skill or build/setup carrying cause game is meant to create that as well, its meant to be a low skill flor game anyway.

PS. Can u people imagine the QQ if anet deleted minstrels from game and changed celestial stats ?? Can u people imagine how many rage posts would that create?

I would love it tho.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

17 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Never blame players for playing on builds/setups that carries, its the developers that allow and dictate the balance of the game not the players, if blobs were 100% minstrels and there's no changed towards it meant that devs love it and don't want to change it.

Eh sometimes changes come about from player suggestions though, so we can put some of the blame on them. But yes it's ultimately up to the developer to investigate, test, and make sure it's appropriate changes to make the game feel better for the players. And in recent years anet has been looking into providing more survivability, more support specs, and more low intensity dps specs. It's all part of the plan.

Complaining about stuff like boon spam and stat combinations now isn't going to do anything, it's too late. That's why sometimes when these topics come up now wanting to change boon mechanics I say.. well first you need to convince the developers this is a change they want to do in the first place, and by all accounts they don't, and they're happy with the current system. So, if you can't beat'em, join'em. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Eh sometimes changes come about from player suggestions though, so we can put some of the blame on them. But yes it's ultimately up to the developer to investigate, test, and make sure it's appropriate changes to make the game feel better for the players. And in recent years anet has been looking into providing more survivability, more support specs, and more low intensity dps specs. It's all part of the plan.

Complaining about stuff like boon spam and stat combinations now isn't going to do anything, it's too late. That's why sometimes when these topics come up now wanting to change boon mechanics I say.. well first you need to convince the developers this is a change they want to do in the first place, and by all accounts they don't, and they're happy with the current system. So, if you can't beat'em, join'em. 🤷‍♂️

yes but the final word to make it towards production is the dev's, if it works this way it's because they liked or they agree that some stuff should behave how some more close to anet want.

1 minute ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

yes but the final word to make it towards production is the dev's, if it works this way it's because they liked or they agree that some stuff should behave how some more close to anet want.

That's what I said... in more words.... 😑

• Like 2