Could we get an unblockable sigil?

There is no way around it, we have entire specs going through their block rotation, effectively limiting counterplay, we need more ways to deal with block/projectile hate spam.

Sigil of Spite

Your attacks become unblockable for 10s after using an utility, 30s CD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

Terrible idea. This would be the most imbalanced implementation we've ever seen.

You'd be seeing Spellbreakers with unblockable everything, Willbender with unblockable everything, Vindicator unblockable everything, Unga Bunga unblockable everything, unblockable Holos, unblockable Deadeyes, unblockable Chrono shatters, unblockable Catalyst bursts, unblockable Harbingers, unblockable everything.

This would be like removing block from the game. The sigil standard would inevitably turn into energy/unblockable on literally every class and there would be no reason to use anything else this sigil would be so strong.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This would be like removing block from the game.

I think that's part of the point of the suggestion. I know it may be hyperbolic of me to say but many suggestions I've seen amount to counterplay being good unless I am the one who is being countered, please fix / please nerf / please remove / please delete. 

The game has problems, but the suggestions...

• Like 1

A sigil that doesn't allow people to block you?

So when you see some one you know is bad, you can send 100 whisper hate messages and they can't do anything about it except log off or until you take off the sigil. I can get behind this...

Let's call it Sigil of QQ

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Haha 6

The way to deal with blocks is to just run away 3 seconds then reengage. If you're fighting a rev, just hit them once to activate their 10 seconds of evade and blocking while you focus another target. If you're fighting a guard just los the moment their sheild goes up. As for warrior and mes, just spam auto attack while running in circles during their blocks.

Edited by vcxxx.3159
More info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I think that's part of the point of the suggestion. I know it may be hyperbolic of me to say but many suggestions I've seen amount to counterplay being good unless I am the one who is being countered, please fix / please nerf / please remove / please delete. 

The game has problems, but the suggestions...

Correct, bears repeating that most of the suggestions here are just euphemistically calling for whatever annoys then to be so punished mechanically that the user is at a disadvantage for taking (thing people want nerfed) at all.

People should know better, everyone has had a turn in the "balanced into useless" bin. Well, except ranger but who's keeping score~

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

we should reduce the amount of chain able blocking and evade, not make more attacks unblockable.

That would translate to actual balance and...GW2 players dislike actual balance, they'd rather ask for easy mode tools to remove any sort of challenge from their "skilled" gameplay, it's like asking to curb condi spam and boons farting, you'd get a similar reaction

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/12/2024 at 9:33 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

There is no way around it, we have entire specs going through their block rotation, effectively limiting counterplay, we need more ways to deal with block/projectile hate spam.

Sigil of Spite

Maybe a Relic would be better, on elite activation with like 60 seconds of cooldown.

On 8/12/2024 at 12:33 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Sigil of Spite

were you trying to push a d/sh staff spellbreaker off a point with ele?

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 4:25 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Correct, bears repeating that most of the suggestions here are just euphemistically calling for whatever annoys then to be so punished mechanically that the user is at a disadvantage for taking (thing people want nerfed) at all.

People should know better, everyone has had a turn in the "balanced into useless" bin. Well, except ranger but who's keeping score~

"euphemistically calling for whatever annoys then to be so punished mechanically that the user is at a disadvantage" this pretty much sums up the mentality of people here, especially the ones playing builds and professions that already blessed with many easy advantages.

Maybe I am biased but I as a rev my sources of unlockable damage are near limitless  and I don't really play any classes that heavily rely on blocks. Your solution is to just play revenant, revenant already is an unlockable sigil (as a figure of speech)

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Unblockables are a toxic mechanic, reduce blocks on problematic specs.

Unlockable really are not that toxic, not to mention revenant is way to dependant on unlockable damage for that to be a fair suggestion.

8 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Unblockables are a toxic mechanic, reduce blocks on problematic specs.

Chaining together 10+ seconds of blocking is far more toxic as a game mechanic then anything unblockables bring to this dysfunctional table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daenxi.4530 said:

Unlockable really are not that toxic, not to mention revenant is way to dependant on unlockable damage for that to be a fair suggestion.

Power warrior is also too dependant on unblockables for that to be fair.

7 hours ago, Daenxi.4530 said:

That is a sad demonstration of the general inability for people to conceive unbias statements. I can't really be bothered to fully explain it, but my off meta build does not use shiro, and you quickly get to see the wall of blocks across a few specs. The problem is that not all specs are spewing out blocks, and an over abundence of unblockable power burst is completely opresseive to such specs. If the only specs that had blocks were full out bunkers, then unblockables would make sense.. but thats not the case. There are a number of low sustain specs that need the block or two they have, and fall victim to a very cheap mechanic.

Yes, unblockables are a cheap mechanic, just like daze spam, which bypasses stab. We can then argue stab spam is a cheap mechanic, which it is. In a nutshell, give people 5 dodges, and less stab/blocks.. and let game knowledge decide outcomes. There is nothing skillfull about a block spam spec cycling its defensives while waiting on dps CDs.. just as there is nothing skillful about nuking a play through his defenses with 10 stack unblockables.. they are both degen rock paper scissors gameplay.

If I really wanted to I could set up on an ele build to have 7x blocks, 2x immunes, and around 20 seconds straight of stab, before reflect/shock auras etc. Its just the case that other specs are more degen with that kind of spam.. and unblockables are nothing short of a bandaid against such spam, that oppresses specs with a "healthy" amount of block/immune, or punishes specs that don't/cant run unblockables.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Daenxi.4530 said:

Okeee, I have been reading this long enough and it's enough now.

It's unblockable!!!!

4 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Chaining together 10+ seconds of blocking is far more toxic as a game mechanic then anything unblockables bring to this dysfunctional table.

Which is why I suggest reducing the amount of block spam on the obvious specs, and specs in the background that clearly have much the same. If block spam is reduced, then there is litterally no need for unblockables, certainly not 10 stacks.

But, it seem Anets aproach is to counter the spam of one mechanic, with the spam of another. This just leads to litteral rock paper scissor fights. Take mace druid for example.. if your spec can't beat it, the druid will rarely drop below 80% hp, and only doing so if making a gaping mistake, which it quickly recovers from thanks to the abundence of daze, barrier (for power), or condi cleanse.. being the very reason said spec can't beat it.. it is unpunishable in a lot of cases. The anser to that is not to then spam mechanics that counter daze, or to add things like "this condi cannot be cleansed".. because that will then kitten all over specs that rely on a small amount of daze, or have low cleanse to begin with. You see this surely?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Relic of Chaos

Upon using an Elite skill, You and your allies are under the effect of Chaos: All attacks are unblockable (5s) (240 radius)

Allies under the effect of chaos, are revealed, cannot block attacks and take double damage.

30s cooldown

Hows that?

PS : Also bring back every removed amulet.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Relic of Chaos

Upon using an Elite skill, You and your allies are under the effect of Chaos: All attacks are unblockable (5s) (240 radius)

Allies under the effect of chaos, are revealed, cannot block attacks and take double damage.

30s cooldown

Hows that?

PS : Also bring back every removed amulet.

You really can't be serious

• Like 1
  • Confused 1