Class Distribution in Top 250

Puunji.3109

@K THEN.5162 said:Though I don't really PvP, I'd imagine it'd go something like:ScourgeScourgeFirebrandScourgeSpellbreakerScourgeScourgePvP botMore scourgeMatch manipulating DaredevilSCOOOOURGEAnd insert pro player alt here... That also plays SCOURGE

Spellbreaker is actually kinda terrible now. It's supposed to be a duelist class so it's inherently terrible on teamfight maps like Legacy of the Foefire. On top of that it's hard countered by scourges and mirages, and stalemated by firebrands/bunker druids, all of those classes being top picks right now.

Imo the top 50 is going to be tons of scourges, firebrands, and mirages.

It would be a variety of classes.I don't know the leaderboard on the top of my head but I can mention a few of the best players across both regionsSindrener - DaredevilMisha - MirageZan - HoloFrosty - Druid (most of the time, idk)Vaanss - SpellbreakerObindo - SpellbreakerFrostball - He multiclasses, but I don't know if he can play necro, ranger, or thiefKat - Daredevil or Core s/dSteel - Chrono/MirageToker - Rev/ThiefMoobs - FirebrandFlorilla - Mesmer (probably mirage but I don't wanna make assumptions)Tage - FirebrandMajin - ScourgeCrann - Firebrand

I can't think of any more players right now, but you can see that every class has the potential to be really good

@K THEN.5162 said:Though I don't really PvP, I'd imagine it'd go something like:ScourgeScourgeFirebrandScourgeSpellbreakerScourgeScourgePvP botMore scourgeMatch manipulating DaredevilSCOOOOURGEAnd insert pro player alt here... That also plays SCOURGE

Most of the top ten are firebrands last I checked. The thing about scourge is that every single team has a scourge on it, so playing scourge isn't necessarily a advantage.

This is the exact type of misinformation that gets things nerfed. Hardly any of the top 10 are Scourges in NA. Actually... let me check.-#1 is a Druid - go figure. And as far as I can tell from the people up there right now, there is one Scourge, MAYBE two but I don't think so because I would have probably remembered their name cuz #NecroRivalry.-There's 2 Thieves.-At least 2 Firebrands.-One Engi.-One warrior.-As for the other 2 people, I'm not quite sure.

Different, and much more interesting than fiction.

@Griever.8150 said:I don't think Scourge is played all that much in the absolute top end. Its not really a playmaking class, it cannot carry high end games if its not babysat by a Firebrand and the best players tend to be playmakers.

It is played a lot at the top end, but since it is so common with a super low skill floor most high end scourges are all around the same level so none of them actually stand out.

@MethaneGas.8357 said:

This is the exact type of misinformation that gets things nerfed. Hardly any of the top 10 are Scourges in NA. Actually... let me check.-#1 is a Druid - go figure. And as far as I can tell from the people up there right now, there is one Scourge, MAYBE two but I don't think so because I would have probably remembered their name cuz #NecroRivalry.-There's 2 Thieves.-At least 2 Firebrands.-One Engi.-One warrior.-As for the other 2 people, I'm not quite sure.

Different, and much more interesting than fiction.

^^^

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Koto.1824 said:Frostball - He multiclasses, but I don't know if he can play necro, ranger, or thief

Yup. I've seen him play everything but Ranger and Ele.

Yet Frostball plays almost exclusively Mirage when I see any tournaments.

He said Mesmer is his favorite profession. He's streaming a naked Mirage right now.

@Koto.1824 said:It would be a variety of classes.I don't know the leaderboard on the top of my head but I can mention a few of the best players across both regionsSindrener - DaredevilMisha - MirageZan - HoloFrosty - Druid (most of the time, idk)Vaanss - SpellbreakerObindo - SpellbreakerFrostball - He multiclasses, but I don't know if he can play necro, ranger, or thiefKat - Daredevil or Core s/dSteel - Chrono/MirageToker - Rev/ThiefMoobs - FirebrandFlorilla - Mesmer (probably mirage but I don't wanna make assumptions)Tage - FirebrandMajin - ScourgeCrann - Firebrand

I can't think of any more players right now, but you can see that every class has the potential to be really good

wrong i q core sd thief now mostly

@Koto.1824 said:It would be a variety of classes.I don't know the leaderboard on the top of my head but I can mention a few of the best players across both regions[long list that doesn't include ele]

Every class? Ele hasn't been deleted just yet.

@bluri.2653 said:

@Koto.1824 said:It would be a variety of classes.I don't know the leaderboard on the top of my head but I can mention a few of the best players across both regionsSindrener - DaredevilMisha - MirageZan - HoloFrosty - Druid (most of the time, idk)Vaanss - SpellbreakerObindo - SpellbreakerFrostball - He multiclasses, but I don't know if he can play necro, ranger, or thiefKat - Daredevil or Core s/dSteel - Chrono/MirageToker - Rev/ThiefMoobs - FirebrandFlorilla - Mesmer (probably mirage but I don't wanna make assumptions)Tage - FirebrandMajin - ScourgeCrann - Firebrand

You inspired me to try core S/D but I don't know how you do it. I guess I suck at it :lol: At some time I played D/P Drd pretty decently but this core S/D baffles me.

Disturbing lack of eles. :confused:

@Yannir.4132 said:

You inspired me to try core S/D but I don't know how you do it. I guess I suck at it :lol: At some time I played D/P Drd pretty decently but this core S/D baffles me.

Sindrener has been playing S/D core Thief lately and doing really well with it. Check out his streams (or posted streams on YouTube) if you want to see some good use of the spec.

Personally, I think it’s awesome that Thief has a very good core spec as well as the classic DD D/P build. I wish more classes had good core build options available.

Actually checked the ladder, won't do all 250 though. Feel free to fill the empty spots and question marks, I don't know everyone. EU:

1. bluri (sind) - Thief
  2. captain nemo (forgot his name) - Nec (?)
  3. thijsken - nec/engi
  4. Iriel - mostly warr I think. might be multiclass
  5. destruction - ???
  6. R I P - ???
  7. koga - Ranger
  8. Metrix (misha) - Mes, been alting on engi lately
  9. Solmat - nec
  10. REAG - ranger??? (not sure)
  11. adolfas (zan) - engi
  12. chillex - ???
  13. hiokma - ???
  14. kokos banane - nec?
  15. beast - nec
  16. farrorz - ele mostly, possibly alting on nec?
  17. nathou - nec
  18. vlerk - mes
  19. pouloulou - rev? (might be alting)
  20. cjcrew - ???
  21. tolfdir - guard
  22. kain - ??
  23. dominik - multiclass, mostly core guard and ranger this season
  24. Nemesis - ???
  25. headcrowned - ranger
  26. lefrere - mostly ranger I think
  27. wismerhill - nec
  28. suffish (stronlo) - ranger
  29. bartek - ranger
  30. vimbi - nec
  31. envergure (thybzz) - warr

Quite a few unknown names this season. Also some high ranked people don't have minimum games, boyce (warr), obindo (warr), saitara (ele) were in top 25, sizer (thief) dropped out (mb decay) recently. Kris (guard) dropped out due to shitty multiclassing yesterday. Obviously there is a lot of volatility, especially with those who only play minimum games, so even without the missing names this wouldn't be reprsentative.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

Sindrener has been playing S/D core Thief lately and doing really well with it. Check out his streams (or posted streams on YouTube) if you want to see some good use of the spec.

Personally, I think it’s awesome that Thief has a very good core spec as well as the classic DD D/P build. I wish more classes had good core build options available.

Guess you didn't notice but it was Sind I was responding to. :smile: And watching his stream was what inspired me in the first place. :D

Archived