Woad Armor

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This whole comment chain started from you complaining about the "marketing" and how armor set isn't part of the product because it involves wvw, lmao. This is ridiculous. But, again, this is the expansion for the  game and not "ow pve that you only want to play so that's what it has to be!!".

i didn't say it's not part of the product, i simply said its weird/bad marketing. Please read what is actually written

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, catbus driver.4918 said:

God, this community is just so pathetic on a a level that I have never seen in other games.  Don't like the content? Cry until the devs change it!!!

Heh, ever seen the SWTOR forums? This is absolutely tamer than that place.

GW2 forums: I really hate [x] content, is there some other way to get [y] reward? That doesn't seem fair 😞

SWTOR forums: [screaming frothing rage tantrum...on a near weekly basis every time there's downtime for a patch that goes a few minutes longer than expected; heaven forbid it goes a few hours longer than expected...and that's just for patches, not even content in those patches]

Seriously, GW2 forums are downright mild even with complaints.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zahark.7610 said:

I appreciate that you guys are paying attention to the post and are trying to change the situation but why not put it outside wvw/pvp, @Rubi Bayer.8493? Lock it behind achievements, crafting, the new heart's reward achiev from JW, research notes..doesn't matter, we just want it to not be tied to competitive game modes. 

So then WvWers get no exclusive content... yeah that's fair lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zahark.7610 said:

I appreciate that you guys are paying attention to the post and are trying to change the situation but why not put it outside wvw/pvp, @Rubi Bayer.8493? Lock it behind achievements, crafting, the new heart's reward achiev from JW, research notes..doesn't matter, we just want it to not be tied to competitive game modes. 

and while they're at it give WvW/PvP a way to get the poly armor and titanplane armor without forcing them to do PvE, can we just all enjoy loot for once without being made to play modes we don't like

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I wish there were  more gated content. Not like now where its mostly grind gated.

Like the best looking sets for cm  and top  rank pvpers. So  that when  you someone wearing a good looking set you know he actually achieved something, not just swiped a card and/or farm flax on 7 accounts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

i didn't say it's not part of the product, i simply said its weird/bad marketing. Please read what is actually written

That's literally what you said:

45 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

that's a dumb strawman, my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product.

Now stop bothering me because you make bad baseless arguments, instantly forget what you were saying and now try to tell me I'm lying. I'm not lying. Who knows, maybe you're not lying either. But you clearly said what you did. Again, good luck with the expansion that -for now- delivers exactly what it marketed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

i never made rules, i am simply saying, if something gets marketed with a product. is it not reasonable to expect it to be part of that product? 

Are you not implying that if something is exclusive to WvW, then it is not part of the product? ie. The game?

You kind of plainly say that right here bud...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

So then WvWers get no exclusive content... yeah that's fair lol

Like i said many times over, you are always free to ask for Anet to ease on "exclusivity" of PvE stuff. You definitely won't see me denying that to you the way some people here are doing.

Don't use" but we have it bad, so you should have it bad as well" argument. It does not help. It just makes things worse for everyone.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Well I guess it's confirmed now. This is a pvp/wvw exclusive set (which is good imo). And they did listen to complaints, only not to the ones that don't play these modes (which is also good imo). 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I'm happy it's a WvW/PvP set. Almost everything is locked behind PvE content! My WvW guildies are grumpy that they have to go do story to get stuff. 

It's nice to have something just for competitive players. Makes us feel noticed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

18 minutes ago, Dumat.1479 said:

Hello. I would like to talk about some WvW reward problem I have, maybe it can be fixed too. Not long time ago a new weapon set was released. It is called Corrupted Hero weapon set. To craft every weapon you need a precursor, which comes from Hero Weapon Reward Track. I unlocked all of them long time before, but I just destroyed weapon, since I got the skin anyway. I have to do the whole reward track again to be able to craft Corrupted Hero weapons. Is there any chance players who unlocked Hero Weapons can buy them from NPC? 
p.s. I remember something like that was already done before. With Boreal weapons.

This will be lost within this topic, you'd better make a new one.

On a positive note, we earn Badges in the achievement chests, and Memories can be bought.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, Zahark.7610 said:

At least they should have the decency to STOP making skins that looks the same on all 3 armor weight.. like, why?

How else are heavy armor classes going to play Fashion Wars 2 in slice of life town settings? Outfits? Blasphemy! 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you cannot stomach WvW, then you cannot stomach WvW. And this change does absolutely nothing about that at all. It makes it easier only on people that already have no problem (or not much of a problem) with playing WvW, but those are a minority.

It is objectively easier for everyone.

If it is still not sufficiently easy for some that is unfortunate but does not change the fact that this change makes it easier (note that there is a significant difference between easy and easier) for all.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

This is exciting! I'm not a WvW main by any means, but not having to grind a reward tack 18 times is a huge improvement!

p.s... I think it's totally fair to make some items exclusive to certain game modes. It's a prestige skin, it's not supposed to be easy for everyone to acquire!

Edited by Mithral.8516
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

It concerns me that this complaining might influence Anet so they don’t give WvW any exclusive rewards in future. That would be very poor.

As many posts have said here WvW deserves some exclusive rewards given how much of the game fashion is locked behind PvE. 

If someone really can’t stomach WvW then that’s fine, the world won’t end if you don’t unlock every skin in the game.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, considering the rate at which you accrue badges now, it might end up requiring even more time than the reward tracks...

You can choose Badges as the reward from Skirmish Chests. 20 IIRC, you get a lot more Skirmish chests in the time it takes to fill one reward track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

How else are heavy armor classes going to play Fashion Wars 2 in slice of life town settings? Outfits? Blasphemy! 😅

I do enjoy having access to Light (Astral Ward), Medium (Rift Hunter), and Heavy (Polychromatic) armour skins regardless of the profession I'm playing.

My ultimate pipedreams are

• all skins are available across all profession weights
  • access to male & female versions regardless of gender

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

It shouldn't be WvW exclusive at the first place. Make it craftable like Titanplate

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Honestly, I'm glad they did something but I was hoping for a way totally outside of WvW.  Honestly, if this is the start of a trend and ANET starts locking new armors behind WvW in future expansions they can't count me out.  I will officially be done with the game at that point.  WvW is boring as sin.  When a new expansion comes out, I want to play the expansion.  I don't want to waste time falling asleep in WvW.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Like i said many times over, you are always free to ask for Anet to ease on "exclusivity" of PvE stuff. You definitely won't see me denying that to you the way some people here are doing.

Don't use" but we have it bad, so you should have it bad as well" argument. It does not help. It just makes things worse for everyone.

Without exclusive wvw content/rewards, you wont be "forced" to play it or discover it. Imagine raids wont have any exclusive items/legendary armor. It would have been played much less.

Ppl often neglect wvw because they either scared/uncomfortable or they just dont know what it is really or they just dont care since it has no incentive to play. Remember when warclaw was out or gift of battle change, alot of ppl joined wvw. Many took thier warclaw/gift of battle and left never to see wvw again. But others discovered it and how fun it is and stayed. This is why exclusive content/rewards for wvw is needed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Sandrox.9524 said:

Without exclusive wvw content/rewards, you wont be "forced" to play it or discover it. Imagine raids wont have any exclusive items/legendary armor. It would have been played much less.

Ppl often neglect wvw because they either scared/uncomfortable or they just dont know what it is really or they just dont care since it has no incentive to play. Remember when warclaw was out or gift of battle change, alot of ppl joined wvw. Many took thier warclaw/gift of battle and left never to see wvw again. But others discovered it and how fun it is and stayed. This is why exclusive content/rewards for wvw is needed.

Imo, modes shouldn need an incentive to play, people who like that content will play it anyway. IF the modes are properly made that is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Kinurak.5307 said:

Imo, modes shouldn need an incentive to play, people who like that content will play it anyway. IF the modes are properly made that is.

That is not how it works in mmorpgs though. Ppl need sense of achievement. You can like the content but if in the end it gives you nothing. it will just die down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5