October 8 Balance Update Preview

Joie.6084

I think the Necromancer's transfusion change is good on the one hand, but bad on the other. Unfortunately, it is the unique selling point and otherwise the Scourge falls behind the other healers in my opinion. It would be nice if the Necro finally got a decent weapon for healing.

Due to the removal of the transfusion port, you can no longer bring in downed allies and lay a well of blood IN the group. So in a sense, group healing and stabilization are also lost here, as now have to leave the group to rez depending on where the ally is.

The AoE indicator of the Sandstorm Shroud is also a horror. Many enemy effects are also shown with yellow circles on the ground and in situations where there is a lot going on, it becomes significantly confusing. A rework or even removal of this indicator would have been appropriate for a long time...

Edited by Xevius.6174
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Look at the Burst Precision changes. They want you to run Meme 1-Shots on your power berserker.

Burst precision lasts 2 seconds on power zerker since primal bursts count as t1. That's like barely 1 attack since people usually don't stick around after being hit by a burst.

If they're stunned long enough to be locked down 2 seconds after evisc, theyre probably going to die anyway.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

From the wiki: 

The CD is leftover from when it granted quickness on the MH dagger on interrupt.

Okay, I was unaware. My suggestion can be dismissed then; but that part of the tooltip should get fixed.

• Like 1

Echoing what other people are saying here: please leave Transfusion alone. Scourge already feels awkward to play with the constant shade spamming and heal scourge was one of the few builds I enjoy on it anymore. If this change goes live I likely won't be touching that build or the blood magic traitline ever again. It was what gives necro its flavor as a healer. This is going to leave support builds for necro in a very poor spot.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Burst precision lasts 2 seconds on power zerker since primal bursts count as t1. That's like barely 1 attack since people usually don't stick around after being hit by a burst.

If they're stunned long enough to be locked down 2 seconds after evisc, theyre probably going to die anyway.

You're thinking about the wrong weapons. They want you to meme-shot people

• Like 2

Looks like I'm in the small minority of people that like the Transfusion change for PvE.

I really think it's too big of a crutch and people should be punished for being downed more, even with a necromancer in the group, and think this should go away.

Let me propose a compromise though. Add a 50 Sec or so cooldown on Transfusion. 48 sec is the Cooldown of Ranger's Search and Rescue. Now the skill can occasionality save someone, but won't save repeated downs.

...still should probably go away in WvW.

Edited by Poki.8235
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zuiy.8721 said:

Where are the PVE damage nerfs? Does the skills team think the current balance of DPS professions is okay? 
And what happened to this? 

Tbh ye, its kinda weird how the numbers aren't lowered.
Im ok with giga numbers if Anet wants to make a 3rd skill split, separating OW with Instanced skills.
But this inaction to powercreep, just makes high HP OW metas where I legit fall asleep becuz its freaking 300m and the average person is STILL doing 5k dps despite the powercreep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

But this inaction to powercreep, just makes high HP OW metas where I legit fall asleep becuz its freaking 300m and the average person is STILL doing 5k dps despite the powercreep.

One hundred percent. A 15 minute meta with no real mechanics (except spinning on a warclaw for 30 seconds) where you just do your rotation for 10+ minutes isn't anyone's idea of fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't really understand about you guys. Anet started to destroy class identities years ago. With weapon mastery, they brought it to the next level. We have been busting our backbone for a long time, noone gave a crap, now they touched scourge, everyone started to complain.  On the other hand, I support you guys. I'm strong defender of class identity.

Another situation; (Not touched)

Power Berserker: 46k (It performs insane in real combat because of range advantage)

Power Virtuoso: 46k (Another overperforming build) (My main is mesmer, I only ask justice and balanced game)

Condi Renegade: 48k (First nerf is not enough, Condi Q Herald = 40k, think about it) (Another lost of identity, shortbow, mace, axe became trash)

Power Catalyst: 47k (This is complicated build, but still too high for range weapon)

Power Willbender: 46k

I get it, it this the reason you want to sell more JW expansion? This is about money?

PLEASE, tune down every build to 40k limit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

Chiming in yet again, voicing my hope that you guys will revert the change to quickness scrapper to apply quickness on superspeed again, or if you won't, have it be on any finisher besides just leaps and blasts. It's felt so annoying and clunky to play ever since.

Please do NOT nerf Transfusion again, or at the very least split the teleporting aspect between competitive and pve modes. Being able to pull a downed ally out of a bad spot was always so very satisfying and yet again we're having something fun removed. It did absolutely no harm in pve... are we going to see Ranger's Search and Rescue get the same treatment next, or does the balance team just really hate Necromancers?

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, skirtsan.6372 said:

Transfusion: This trait no longer teleports downed allies to the user. 

The ability to teleport players who are in a potentially hazardous zone via Transfusion was really, REALLY useful in instanced PvE and boss encounters. If it passes through then allied healers wouldn't have much chance reviving fallen squadmates. Signed, healer.

Good. The teleport should've never have existed in the first place.

It's too strong and unhealthy for the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 28
  • Sad 1

So no real nerfs. Powercreep again, its already bursty as hell in pvp. Its just burst or be bursted. The sup guard changes also dont really make it anymore viable as there are other bunkers that can support better while being a threat. 

I wonder if anyone in the pvp dept even looks at ranked play below plat. 

Edited by Pyriel.4370
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Xainou.1502 said:

Can we please just get some new balance devs? I'm sick of their personal hate for anything scourge.

This. Absolutely this. We need devs that actually play the profession and are not a visceral haters. 

I can't think of a single other profession that got so systematically nerfed in every single aspect and got every single profession abilities turned into an exceptionally clunky mess to use. 

They took out its identity and its dignity. And also for the love of dwayna. STOP  memeing micro axe buffs. It's not funny anymore.   

Edited by bernstein adelheid.8590
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 14
  • Confused 1