PvE transfusion nerfs bad.

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sounds like your hardware issue. And sounds like you need to rely on cheap mechanics to get through content, which other players don't actually really need.

It's not ridiculous, that's literally what it is, time to stop deluding yourself.

oh except the entire map exclaims "im dead before I got there" because hazards fail to render, same thing happens in soo wong when you fly down, chak gerent with donuts when you ride rollerbeetle too fast and same thing with eparch when you simply zone in.  Thats part of the Teaching wisdom you're promoting lol.

And to counter your lats point its not overpowered, better yet, do you have a source for that? can you provide quantitative data that shows that its overpowered? your assertion is baseless as you like to say.  Please show proof that a plurality of users think its overpowered because based on map chat that ive seen, guild chat, player chat in raids and this forum thread, nobody ive seen wants this except for a handful of inexperienced players who dont play the game.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

oh except the entire map exclaims "im dead before I got there" because hazards fail to render,

What whole map, where, when?

same thing happens in soo wong when you fly down, chak gerent with donuts when you ride rollerbeetle too fast and same thing with eparch when you simply zone in.

Soo won? Not really.
Chak? Sure, at that point dismount earlier, here's your learning opportunity. But you never learned that simple thing to do (literally dismount 2 seconds earlier, TRAVESTY!) because you have a cheap gimmicky tp save card. Even if in this case I agree with the rendering issue, it's still something you could easly play around every single time, btu you don't because nothing matters when transfusion pulls you out from any stupid move you make or don't make. How did transfusion help you learn anything there? 🤔 Because it sure seems it stops you from even attempting to draw any conclusion from what's apparently repeatedly happening to you.

Thats part of the Teaching wisdom you're promoting lol.

Oops, you accidentally helped presenting how transfusion makes you not want to draw any conclusion from what is happening to you ingame because you'd rather simply rely on other people porting you out of danger zones for a free rez.

And to counter your lats point its not overpowered

Yes, it is overpowered, I already explained in the previous posts why and how.

I also like how you went from: 

18 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Good players dont even need to use it

to:

nobody ive seen wants this except for a handful of inexperienced players who dont play the game.

In the span of literally 5 minutes 😂  Gish gallop as usual.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What whole map, where, when?

Soo won? Not really.
Chak? Sure, at that point dismount earlier, here's your learning opportunity. But you never learned that simple thing to do (literally dismount 2 seconds earlier, TRAVESTY!) because you have a cheap gimmicky tp save card. Even if in this case I agree with the rendering issue, it's still something you could easly play around every single time, btu you don't because nothing matters when transfusion pulls you out from any stupid move you make or don't make. How did transfusion help you learn anything there? 🤔 Because it sure seems it stops you from even attempting to draw any conclusion from what's apparently repeatedly happening to you.

Oops, you accidentally helped presenting how transfusion makes you not want to draw any conclusion from what is happening to you ingame because you'd rather simply rely on other people porting you out of danger zones for a free rez.

Yes, it is overpowered, I already explained in the previous posts why and how.

I also like how you went from: 

to:

In the span of literally 5 minutes 😂  Gish gallop as usual.

You're actually suggesting that poor game design is part of the learning experience as to why scourge shouldn't be able to pull players out of hazards they dont know/ can't see that they're in. LMAO

Got anything else thats absurd that you wish to defend anet for, because its all you do in every thread.  13k posts with no topics suggested yourself, I guess the game must be perfect for you lol.

Clearly its not since people in this thread arent happy and they've expressed to you why that is, and you ignore it.  You're not actually unhappy though are you with scourge the way it is now, the fact that it saves you occassionally isnt really a problem is it? You have no real reason that the way scourge is, is causing you grief, and yet removing its ability to pull and nerfing it will definitely cause grief for others.  You even admit it will cause more players to die (so that they can learn lol an argument that can be applied to ALL healers and ALL their skills, AND IM SORRY LEARNING OCCURS whether you're saved by scourge or NOT, so its more about how much grief a new player wants to give to veteran players around them).  So again promoting elitism, toxicity, exclusionism, as it will affect new players disproportionately.  What a friendly environment you're encouraging.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

Fair, but I don't see how it's suddenly a niche pick when it can do everything a healer needs to do. At that point it becomes more of the matter of preference.

Personally I'd argue it's already a niche pick and transfusion is doing heavy lifting keeping it relevant in pug content and sand swell is doing the heavy lifting in organized content.  It does the job, I can't argue that, particularly where damage isn't particularly high in the first place, which is, frankly, a lot.  It meets the bare minimum requirements of fulfilling the heal role, and that is all you need.  The alacrity gen is also among the easiest, which I think is a big pro in general.

But again, without transfusion, I can see no place where I'd take it over something else that does the job better, more effectively, and with additional options.  Raw heals are low, even revives are done better by other classes with transfusion changes implemented.  It simply offers nothing that can't be done better by something else.  Well, again, except sand swell.

I hope I'm just doomposting, but I know that I haven't played dps scourge since the last balance patch in June 2023 that forum regulars said would be fine.  On paper, dps scourge is better than ever.  In play, they killed any semblance of skill expression and quite a significant chunk of the class fantasy.  Is the loss of transfusion teleport going to be terrible?  Ehhhhh, I can very much see why you're saying no.  I don't agree, but I also have to admit I don't make use of it outside pug situations.  Is it going to feel terrible?  I think so.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You're actually suggesting that poor game design is part of the learning experience as to why scourge shouldn't be able to pull players out of hazards they dont know/ can't see that they're in. LMAO

No, that's not remotely what I suggested, read again.

Got anything else thats absurd that you wish to defend anet for, because its all you do in every thread.  13k posts with no topics suggested yourself, I guess the game must be perfect for you lol.

Also false, but I already got used to you writing nonsense like this at people who disagree with you, it's exactly that "OMG SO YOU THINK THE GAME IS PERFECT!" strawman whenever someone doesn't cry about the same thing you decided to cry about. 🤦‍♂️ 
No, I never said the game is perfect and that's not what I think.

Clearly its not since people in this thread arent happy and they've expressed to you why that is, and you ignore it.  You're not actually unhappy though are you with scourge the way it is now, the fact that it saves you occassionally isnt really a problem is it?

I don't ignore it any more than you ignore what you're quoting. In fact. I wouldn't say I ignore it at all since I'm actively responding to it, but once again, it's your typical "all or nothing" approach where either people agree with you (or someone else with similar stance to yours) or they ALWAYS/NEVER think EVERYTHING is PERFECT. Sorry, but it's obvious why you're consistently attempting to present any opposing stance in those absolutes instead of adddressing what is being said. It doesn't really work like you're apparently hoping it would work.

You're not actually unhappy though are you with scourge the way it is now, the fact that it saves you occassionally isnt really a problem is it?

It is an issue for the exact reason I already described in my posts. I already explained it, I don't really need to be saved by scourge's get out of jail free card and if I'd constantly need it, it wouldn't feel good at all, it would feel like I might as well stand in place and let the scourge reposition every xx seconds whenever I don't feel like moving out of the danger zones. It's stupid, broken and unearned by ingame action I take (or don't take).
It's funny that you now attempt to basically weasle into telling me I don't really think what I'm saying, by attempting to make it seem as if I at any point need, want or do rely on this broken effect. Too bad for you that I actually don't and anything I wrote about transfusion being op applies in the exact same degree, even if you try to bait "but what if someone uses broken skill on YOU, eeeh?!". 🙄 

You have no real reason that the way scourge is, is causing you grief, and yet removing its ability to pull and nerfing it will definitely cause grief for others.

I already told you why that effect is not really ok (because it's op -and as for why, it was also already explained). What do you mean "you have no reason"? Do you not remember what you've read in this thread or are you intentionally ignoring it to pretend "there's no reason"? The reaosning was explained in this thread and not just by me, so not sure what you're doing now with this weird claim.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Degs.5148 said:

Personally I'd argue it's already a niche pick and transfusion is doing heavy lifting keeping it relevant in pug content and sand swell is doing the heavy lifting in organized content.  It does the job, I can't argue that, particularly where damage isn't particularly high in the first place, which is, frankly, a lot.  It meets the bare minimum requirements of fulfilling the heal role, and that is all you need.  The alacrity gen is also among the easiest, which I think is a big pro in general.

But again, without transfusion, I can see no place where I'd take it over something else that does the job better, more effectively, and with additional options.  Raw heals are low, even revives are done better by other classes with transfusion changes implemented.  It simply offers nothing that can't be done better by something else.  Well, again, except sand swell.

I'm not sure about that (it being a niche pick), I'm easly able to use hsc as a healer for any content even without the need to use the transfusion (in order to port/pick up other players). I guess that's what you call "the bare minimum req of fullfilling the healing role" in your post, but I'd say some might think that "bare minimum" means you're just barely managing to keep people alive and pretty sure that's not the case. If that's not what you meant by "bare minimum" here then that's also understandable -I simply want to clarify the wording used here by you is what I think it is

Yup, the barrier spam is strong, the heal could be stronger (but then again it's understandably not as strong since we're spamming barriers, right?) and the alac gen is indeed really easy, convenient and consistent. I like using hsc and it's not because of transfusion, but everyone will have their own preference. Granted that I believe hsc was balanced with existence of transfusion in mind, so maybe they should/will add some healing power (not as a stat, but as an overal capability) back. Or maybe something else instead, but what should it be? I don't even know, not much is lacking there after some of the improvements it got.

29 minutes ago, Degs.5148 said:

I hope I'm just doomposting, but I know that I haven't played dps scourge since the last balance patch in June 2023 that forum regulars said would be fine.  On paper, dps scourge is better than ever.  In play, they killed any semblance of skill expression and quite a significant chunk of the class fantasy.  Is the loss of transfusion teleport going to be terrible?  Ehhhhh, I can very much see why you're saying no.  I don't agree, but I also have to admit I don't make use of it outside pug situations.  Is it going to feel terrible?  I think so.  I hope I'm wrong.

I still play it -among other things- and it is fine. But in the end I think that's a fair take, not much to say here other then we'll need to see and everyone will be able to make their decision about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

No, that's not remotely what I suggested, read again.

Also false, but I already got used to you writing nonsense like this at people who disagree with you, it's exactly that "OMG SO YOU THINK THE GAME IS PERFECT!" strawman whenever someone doesn't cry about the same thing you decided to cry about. 🤦‍♂️ 
No, I never said the game is perfect and that's not what I think.

I don't ignore it any more than you ignore what you're quoting. In fact. I wouldn't say I ignore it at all since I'm actively responding to it, but once again, it's your typical "all or nothing" approach where either people agree with you (or someone else with similar stance to yours) or they ALWAYS/NEVER think EVERYTHING is PERFECT. Sorry, but it's obvious why you're consistently attempting to present any opposing stance in those absolutes instead of adddressing what is being said. It doesn't really work like you're apparently hoping it would work.

It is an issue for the exact reason I already described in my posts. I already explained it, I don't really need to be saved by scourge's get out of jail free card and if I'd constantly need it, it wouldn't feel good at all, it would feel like I might as well stand in place and let the scourge reposition every xx seconds whenever I don't feel like moving out of the danger zones. It's stupid, broken and unearned by ingame action I take (or don't take).
It's funny that you now attempt to basically weasle into telling me I don't really think what I'm saying, by attempting to make it seem as if I at any point need, want or do rely on this broken effect. Too bad for you that I actually don't and anything I wrote about transfusion being op applies in the exact same degree, even if you try to bait "but what if someone uses broken skill on YOU, eeeh?!". 🙄 

I already told you why that effect is not really ok (because it's op -and as for why, it was also already explained). What do you mean "you have no reason"? Do you not remember what you've read in this thread or are you intentionally ignoring it to pretend "there's no reason"? The reaosning was explained in this thread and not just by me, so not sure what you're doing now with this weird claim.

You said nothing in this entire post as usual.  This argument is simple you're opinion on balance changes is terrible and all you ever do is defend anet. They could announce they were deleting all our accounts and you would spin it into a good thing, what a tired transparent act.

this is a decision that will anger tons of people off.  So if anet wants to do it go ahead, im sure the dwindling population will become worse.

The people this will kitten off is veteran players who use it to help newer players or use it to learn new content. But if you want to harm that group go ahead because that's all this is going to do, and then everyone will just go play chrono and we'll have less options and diversity.

Right now pve scourge isn't negatively affecting any aspect of the game, so no clue why anyone would want to nerf this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You said nothing in this entire post as usual. 

If that's what you truly think then consider re-reading it (and the previous posts) with understanding and comment on what I actually said instead of making up whatever you want again.

The people this will kitten off is veteran players who use it to help newer players or use it to learn new content

Nope, it was already explained here how this is not helping people "learn the content", it only helps "dragging people through it". Veteran players wanting to help newer players learn the content will still be able to do it basically the same way they did it all the time. I mean, you literally presented in this thread how the simpliest "issues" turn into "unsolvable" for you simply because you'd rather rely on a necro ranged tp/rez than dismount a second faster to let the donut texture load. It does next to nothing to actually teach players the encounters/mechanics.

and then everyone will just go play chrono and we'll have less options and diversity.

False, I won't swap to chrono because I prefer how hsc plays. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You said nothing in this entire post as usual.  This argument is simple you're opinion on balance changes is terrible and all you ever do is defend anet. They could announce they were deleting all our accounts and you would spin it into a good thing, what a tired transparent act.

this is a decision that will anger tons of people off.  So if anet wants to do it go ahead, im sure the dwindling population will become worse.

The people this will kitten off is veteran players who use it to help newer players or use it to learn new content. But if you want to harm that group go ahead because that's all this is going to do, and then everyone will just go play chrono and we'll have less options and diversity.

Right now pve scourge isn't negatively affecting any aspect of the game, so no clue why anyone would want to nerf this.

It took me a while to realise this, but basically there are two types of players who aren't particularly nice.

There are the ones who say: you have to accept that some content in the game isn't available to you because of high ping.

And the other is: you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

Block the two types of players who make these comments. They're forum trolls.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

If that's what you truly think then consider re-reading it (and the previous posts) with understanding and comment on what I actually said instead of making up whatever you want again.

Nope, it was already explained here how this is not helping people "learn the content", it only helps "dragging people through it". Veteran players wanting to help newer players learn the content will still be able to do it basically the same way they did it all the time. I mean, you literally presented in this thread how the simpliest "issues" turn into "unsolvable" for you simply because you'd rather rely on a necro ranged tp/rez than dismount a second faster to let the donut texture load. It does next to nothing to actually teach players the encounters/mechanics.

False, I won't swap to chrono because I prefer how hsc plays. 🤷‍♂️ 

Well enjoy playing your inferior nerfed class, certainly hope you don't encounter exclusionary elitist toxicity for playing a non meta class lol. Good luck with that 💩 🤡 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

And to counter your lats point its not overpowered, better yet, do you have a source for that? can you provide quantitative data that shows that its overpowered? your assertion is baseless as you like to say.  Please show proof that a plurality of users think its overpowered because based on map chat that ive seen, guild chat, player chat in raids and this forum thread, nobody ive seen wants this except for a handful of inexperienced players who dont play the game.

EVERY SINGLE BOSS had a hscourge on release day in most groups to fix mistakes and enable clears without understanding mechanics. Snow crow's 2nd group won vs their first group which had the tryhard players during w7's release because group 1 played without hscourge.
The existence of hscourge is one of the reasons why the content gets cleared within minutes to hours after release unless its blatantly overtuned and bugged like cerus.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

EVERY SINGLE BOSS had a hscourge on release day in most groups to fix mistakes and enable clears without understanding mechanics. Snow crow's 2nd group won vs their first group which had the tryhard players during w7's release because group 1 played without hscourge.
The existence of hscourge is one of the reasons why the content gets cleared within minutes to hours after release unless its blatantly overtuned and bugged like cerus.

And then snow crows find another way to speed clear. Every time a patch comes out, they figure out another way to speed clear.

Stop comparing other players to snow crows people. What is happening is that people like me, who have a combination of high ping and disability, are hit hard. The elite groups just figure out another way. The average group is not speed clearing. That is why anet introduced emboldened.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Have you done LCM? EOS? Didn't think so... 

I disagree with @Sobx.1758's opinion on this matter, but at least I know he's actually playing the game. I can see why some people might think transfusion is cheapening the boss mechanics. 
Personally I think removing transfusion's pull from PVE is making GW2's combat less unique compared to other MMOs - that do not have downed state to play around. In my opinion, making it 2 people-pull with higher CD would be a better course of action. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Have you done LCM? EOS? Didn't think so... 

I disagree with @Sobx.1758's opinion on this matter, but at least I know he's actually playing the game. I can see why some people might think transfusion is cheapening the boss mechanics. 
Personally I think removing transfusion's pull from PVE is making GW2's combat less unique compared to other MMOs - that do not have downed state to play around. In my opinion, making it 2 people-pull with higher CD would be a better course of action. 

Agreed.

I personally am divided on this myself.

I enjoy transfusion, the skills itsself is very strong  (and as a primary support player, I love having different tools available at my disposal depending on what I do) and the feeling of saving another player from a mistake they made or something going wrong is great.

I also think transfusion is extremely strong, overpowered strong, at "carrying" and putting once again a significant amount of responsibility on a single player.

I don't actually mind transfusion being used in older content to help inexperienced players, barrier does that already (barrier alone negates almost all relevant mechanics in wing 1-4 and makes 5-7 significantly easier).

As @Nephalem.8921 mentioned, in experienced players hands the ability becomes far to strong in regards to content, and content thus needs to then be altered around it if it is meant to remain relevant.

I think I would have gone a middle ground here: make transfusion apply a debuff on players pulled by it. This debuff would prevent another transfusion pull for x-amount of time and could have something else like 30% less outgoing damage or so.

This would prevent the excessive use of transfusion in any content (I have reached over 200 resurrections in a single public convergence on my healscrg, leading to clearing the encounter and I wasn't the only healscrg present) while maintaing its strength and uniqueness as support ability.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

Fully support the change, and do hope it impacts both PvE and competitive modes, for one simple reason: 

Another player should not be able to teleport me without my input.  Plain and simple.

I'm not aware of any other skill in the game that allows another player - an ally, to relocate my player because they feel like it.  I don't think it only impacting downed allies justifies it.  The amount of times I'll know I'm going down and I wind up in a good, safe spot to rez or allow others to res me and then some necro decides they're gonna be the star of the show and warps me into some AoEs - it's not great.  Not an every day or even every month occurrence, but I can honestly say it has been an annoyance more times than it has been a help.  I'll be pulled out of players already rezzing me - making those players feel like they've wasted the effort, be pulled out of a safe space into some oncoming AoEs, I'll be pulled out of a Druid's Glyph of the Stars - so now not only am I potentially in a worse spot, but now the Druid has wasted their elite.

It's silly.  Raise the near-dead?  Sure.  Teleport players on the assumption you know better?  No thank you.  If they keep it in PvE, I'd like to see it change to a portal so I can decide whether I'm better off where I'm at.

Edit: Forgot about Search & Rescue, just don't hardly ever see that.  Would fully support that removing the player-relocating factor as well.

Edited by GrayListen.3587
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

And then snow crows find another way to speed clear. Every time a patch comes out, they figure out another way to speed clear.

Stop comparing other players to snow crows people. What is happening is that people like me, who have a combination of high ping and disability, are hit hard. The elite groups just figure out another way. The average group is not speed clearing. That is why anet introduced emboldened.

Read again...
Their group without hscourge cleared considerably slower despite having the tryhard players. It was never about speedclear. It was about clearing without knowing how mechanics work.

Either mechanics skip downstate completely or a hscourge negates them.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

[...]

I personally am divided on this myself.

[...]

I feel the same way. I understand the "OP-ness factor", but I also see how it makes healscourge somewhat unique. I posted an idea in the balance preview post, simply because I'd really hate if Transfusion gets the Smiter's Boon treatment and becomes just another burst heal.

in one respect... the teleport could be for core necro only. i always hated the teleport for reaper shroud. and pairing that with garish pillar? oops! garish pillar should have been the f3 to prevent the OPness of transfusion in scourge, but... transfusion could have offerred some flavor for each e-spec.If the teleport is only OP on scourge, change the trait to give something else for the different e-specs, but leave the teleport on core shroud 4 (but not on reaper)

If they keep the nerf , they should buff transfusion then , like making it pulse some stabs (on short duration) with some protection ( which is short only coming from f5 shroud) and make switness available for the group , like warhorn 5 or Speed of Shadows aplly swiftness to allys.

Without the port this Gm trait is really garbage , and you not gonna switch for the two others who aren't anything but irrelevant to a hscg. 2% rez ... and healing pulses of 800 ... something is clearly missing for a Gm trait.

Maybe allow it to only port 1 ally , or 2 at max , think anet was fed up seing teapot rez a whole squad alone of 9 newbies on Matthias Garbrel.

BB Wheelchair necro 😭.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 11:36 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

No it doesn't make them invincible and it barely helps if at all on LCM content

I can't remember the last time a new player in my guild(s) said, "hey, I am new to the game, got my first character to level 60 with green gear, time for legendary challenge mode instanced content to finish up my last 20 levels."

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1