Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Bring the Lantern system from EoD into Core Tyria maps.  You would still need to require EoD in order to use them.  This would be another way of getting world completion done without needing to delete a character and repeating it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Throughout the game there are various karma merchants selling gear, the majority of which is early game. 99% of this gear is unsalvagable, unsalable, and cannot be used in the mystic forge. This results in it only ever being used if its part of a collection or missing fashion, and even then its simply deleted after purchase. Please make it normal gear now,  as any "weird abuse" that may have existed that you were concerned about has LONG since passed, and its now kinda just a long running frustration.

LTS: Make karma gear salvageable, saleable & useable in mystic forge.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/16/2024 at 9:52 PM, SirDoNKeY.4578 said:

I don't know if this has been suggested already but could we please get a waypoint directly to the Special Forces Training Area, and allow mounting or apply a permanent swiftness boon.

you can mount up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One feature i am desperately hoping for, is the ability to export and save the complete set of Options (similarly to the keybindings which we are already able to), in order to switch settings depending on the gamemode.

I'm very grateful for the amount of customisation we currently have regarding the options. But for me the different gamemodes have a vastly different set of preffered options. In PvE i like the game to be as pretty and immersive as possible, whereas in PvP i like to keep it more functional (in WvW i just want to keep my graphicscard from frying). These diffferences make me fiddle around in the options a lot (from the postprocessing options to camera shake, field of view, switching on and off different elements of the dynamic HUD, to general graphic settings and even adjustings in the sound-menu.

It would safe me quite a lot of time if i could just load different sets i saved.

And as a small shout-out: i am deeply thankful for the QoL-changes that we got over the last time and am curious to see what the team cooks up next.

• Like 1

Allow us to use our rifle skins into harpoon goons (and vice versa may too), as well as staffs into tridents! We already have dozens of rifle skins that are copypasted into harpoon guns and dozens of staffs copypasted into tridents, so they *are* the same type of weapon, I would love that for all of the skins by default

Also more HUD customization. Specifically, some way to hide or make damage numbers smaller or move them, etc, so they don't obstruct the view so much

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 1

First time ever posting because I want these changes so bad XD

As a bladesworn main who loves dragon trigger, I really hate that we only have the 1 gunsaber skin for a few years now, and using it removes all the vfx of my Primordus bite I worked so hard for 🥲

And also please if I'm holding my regular weapon, then go straight to D. Trigger, I think it should swap back to my original weapon. I'm not a fan of basically only getting locked into the saber since if I use DT off cooldown properly it's just going to keep requipping. (Or DT doesn't proc the swap cooldown so I can swap manually then) plus it would look real cool after a DT force or reach if there was a tiny animation of our commander sheathing the saber for max anime vibes.

Personally I'd really like the option to still use my weapons original burst skill too like berserker got a long while back but maybe just a weaker version like how spellbreaker caps you at 1 bar or it's going to drain all my flow so it's not super efficient. (Variety is the spice of life, just having the option would be nice)

Please and thank you!

• Sad 1

This is one I discussed with my Guild a while back and some people said it would be great if this was implemented, given the coming expansion:

It would be fantastic if Homesteads included an interactive bookcase that stores all the unlocked books. This bookcase could function in one of two ways: as a dialogue tree for accessing achievement-related books, similar to what we have in EotN for Snargle's books, or as a bank-like storage system where we can click on book icons to read their entries.

This feature would be incredibly beneficial, especially for achievement item hoarders like me. I often feel guilty about deleting these items, and having a dedicated space to store them without using up valuable inventory or bank space would be a great solution.

Edited by Insanius.4028
  • Like 6

EDIT: Basically, I think this should be discouraged: https://imgur.com/a/nNBCPDg

It trivializes puzzle completion to the point that people that people just AFK at the chest.

People might say "well, mesmer portal is the same thing"

But the difference between TP to Friend and a mesmer portal to me is that the mes port at least requires some minimum of active gameplay to place the portals. TP to friend also doesn't help to build any sort of community at all.

I remember in the early days of GW2 when there was a weekly JP, teams of mesmers would swarm the area to make sure everyone got completion. Now its a gemstore item.

Edited by Houligan.4759
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

either way the person using tp to friend or accepting a portal is skipping the jp.

advantage of tp to friend:

• no need to travel to the jp
  • anet gets direct or indirect support through gem purchase at some point

the mesmer or person waiting at the chest has to at some point have completed the jp or skipped it with the help of another,  personally don't see much difference in terms of trivializing jumping puzzles.

if tp to friend is disabled for JPs or the JP rewards, portals from mesmer, thief, xera etc. should also all be disabled.

• Like 2

I have completed them all by myself, actually jumping and doing the puzzle, to complete achievements.  

I am very, very comfortable using TP to a friend for any I do not care to repeat for a weekly.  I will happily tip that person, and always send a thank you note.   Sometimes I even put up a tag for anyone beyond frustrated who would like to teleport to me.  I reply to anyone who happens to tip, and tell them thank you for the generosity, as it is never required or even recommended.  

I can understand your reasoning with the TP from the gem store, but I have a stack of them just from playing the game.  

I think if you stopped TP to a friend, mesmer, or any other means of portals, then many people would not even try.   I often see players helping each other, conversing, and generally interacting.  So my opinion is no, it's fine as it is.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I get that most of my post is "old man yells at cloud"

But the crux for me is that TP to friend does not require any sort of player interaction, while mesmer portal does. TP is just people going pretty much AFK, which should not be encouraged.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

the mesmer or person waiting at the chest has to at some point have completed the jp or skipped it with the help of another,  personally don't see much difference in terms of trivializing jumping puzzles.

TP requires zero player interaction and people just commander tag up and go essentially AFK. The "going essentially AFK" is the part that bothers me.

Mes port at least requires a minimum of player interaction.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Why? Surely that's on the player if they want to use the item as intended. Anet are clearly happy with it? And it affects no one else in any way. You are asking for a change because it bothers you personally, but doesn't actually affect your gameplay. 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The effect is the same, whether you actively port people as a mesmer, or people TP to you, so it shouldn't be disabled. I do think more than one tag/LFG listing is ridiculous and overkill, though, and I don't personally tend to tip for it. Mesmers porting people is an active service which I appreciate and am happy to support, but the less people tip T2F listings, the less opportunists will park their char there, AFK all day, and clog up LFG in the hope of a few gold for doing nothing.

6 minutes ago, Houligan.4759 said:

TP requires zero player interaction and people just commander tag up and go essentially AFK. The "going essentially AFK" is the part that bothers me.

Mes port at least requires a minimum of player interaction.

at the weekly JPs?  i don't do pve dailies but have come across them doing map completions, quite often people just port on cooldown multiple people at once. sure there is some interaction, but just as many that will go there silently take their rewards and be off.

the only problem with the AFK thing is tipping. if they are afk in a profitable location to be afk in, one might consider that unattended gameplay similar to the afk farmers out there and should get the same chance to get a suspension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

the only problem with the AFK thing is tipping. if they are afk in a profitable location to be afk in, one might consider that unattended gameplay similar to the afk farmers out there and should get the same chance to get a suspension.

I know for a fact that people tip the TP2F commanders. I have been told as such by people that do.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I get the point but ultimately it's a personal choice (unless Anet decide to make it their choice and they code to block it).

I have switched to PvE WV dailies recently (instead of WvW) and had to do the pig iron jumping puzzle which it turned out I have never done before. There was a tag there I could have joined to do it but I enjoy doing them so I did the jumping puzzle. On another day, perhaps with a harder jumping puzzle (that one turned out to be pretty easy),  I might just teleport to friend instead.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Houligan.4759 said:

I know for a fact that people tip the TP2F commanders. I have been told as such by people that do.

in that case, if you are sure they are afk or not attentive enough, you should be able to report them for it. can always ask the support tho if you are uncertain if that counts like afk farming.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

They can't be AFK, they have to accept a friend request.

Not true. They have their commander tag on, so people can join their squad (the commander does not need to do anything). TP to friend works on squad members as well.

• Like 1