Thieves are fine, you're just bad

bigmouse.2163

The class identity of thief is based around stealth and mobility, so they're good at that. They're the best class at running away basically, which makes them good for roaming because you often find yourself in outnumbered situations and don't want to feed the enemy kills.

It's good that it's good at that role. But it's not the best dueling class and never has been, it's not the best teamfight class and never has been, and it has little to no role in zerg fighting. It's strong in its own role, which is what it should be.

If you can't beat a thief, it's not because the class is overpowered. It is not the best dueling class. I play other classes besides thief (my main) and I often beat thieves on them. In fact, if there's a fight I really want to win, I'll hop off my thief and onto my Harbinger. In conclusion, thieves are not OP, and and the complaining is just sour grapes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 17

You have to be Lowtiergod levels of mentally challenged to lose a 1v1 with d/p thief, let alone deadeye. Idk where this sentiment comes from that it sucks at dueling xD when you have all the tools to control the tempo of the battle ,and your opponent literally can't see you 80% of the time, it's really not that hard to win every duel on these builds. (Unless massive skill diff) 

Edit: and I'm not saying that thief is ez win faceroll class, that would be power WB or cele harbi. But something taking skill to pick up does NOT mean that it's fun to fight against and that it's balanced well. 

Edited by Codename T.2847
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

I fight can last a while. That's a good portion of someone's time fighting against their patience though as much as against someone else's skill. People know they can kill a thief but it can end up being half your time if you don't get all day to play trying to lock them down and playing without a target.

It's about as frustrating being a support thief and still trying to stealth and group stealth for boons and protection. It feels like buff work or story mode stuff outside of the actual fight sometimes. Its a lot of fun being in stealth when you're stalking for a good position for an opener or when it can get you out of a dangerous area. Having to go in and out of it so much and putting so much of the actions towards it is hard to vibe with and I just count out those boons and protection from my rotation now. 

People wouldn't think the mobility is that bad otherwise. A good deal of that is just waiting for the skill to land or flip and newer stuff is pretty telegraphed and not very fast. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

The class identity of thief is based around stealth and mobility, so they're good at that.

Has nothing lost in wvw. Actually in no pvp. But I just don't care about spvp.

#removethief

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Warrior spear was also perfectly fine then, it was just skill issue of people being unable to dodge. Also please buff Gunflame so I can one shot support builds with one, and give warrior 1200 range stunbreak teleport so I can run away easily. What? Teleports don't fit warrior profession? But summoning big energy bubble or Full Counter does, huh? Oh no...

Thief deserves nothing but nerfs in WvW. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I've never hated theives because it's hard I hate it because it's an exercise in futility and annoyance. I dont think stealth needs nerf so much as reveal needs to be a thing more but then that makes stealth a lot more worthless and that leaves theives floundering and boy am I glad I'm not part of anets balance team.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So if you all think that thief mains are bad, and only play thief because we're too bad to play other classes, would you be willing to fight me 1v1? I'm on Hall of Judgment. I'll meet you by the windmill south of south camp on Alpine. You bring a thief, and I'll bring a class that's not a thief. If thieves are as OP as you all claim, you should be able to beat me easily. Do any of you want to do this?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Thief is USUALLY easy to kill because most people who use them aren't good at anything. Thief is designed for easy kills and they will kill you if you are not paying attention constantly but if you can retaliate with some hard CCs as soon as they engage with you, you can down them quickly or at least make them run away for a little bit.

12 minutes ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

So if you all think that thief mains are bad, and only play thief because we're too bad to play other classes, would you be willing to fight me 1v1? I'm on Hall of Judgment. I'll meet you by the windmill south of south camp on Alpine. You bring a thief, and I'll bring a class that's not a thief. If thieves are as OP as you all claim, you should be able to beat me easily. Do any of you want to do this?

What even is the point of bringing this up, this day and age? People hate on Spear willbender now, or if not that then minstrel's gear. Get with the times. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

You do know that thiefs will just run away if they lose their fight? Why would i run into you if i was playing thief by thief logic i will run away! For the real thief experience you are searching noone needs to show up on any terms you like!

If to make your thief rp more enjoyable i can whisper u some non sense ingame and then block you while i am offline. Sounds good?

Edited by Anekto.8391
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

I was there. You probably didn't saw me tho because I was permastealthed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

You know this is actually quite funny, as thieves were the ones spamming "nerf stealth" threads back when prismating understanding gave 100% stealth increase and mesmers ate thieves for breakfast.

Good times.....good times..

• Like 1

Thief is already getting some level of nerf in WvW with the upcomming extension of self reveal, but I do still very much think that every core profession should have access to at least 1 way to apply revealed through traits or skills. I will always equate stealth to conditions or CC, and hold that since every core profession has at least 1 cleanse and 1 stunbreak to counter conditions and CC, they need at least 1 reveal to counter stealth. No mechanic should be uncounterable by 5 out of the 9 core professions.