Give Steve a chance... in WVW!!

Merica Madman.4695

Imagine during the Halloween event we had random popup Steve at swords in WVW. He's more powerful and can wipe squads that don't pay attention to his mechanics. A Steve even in the SMC lord room with the lord really changes things! FREE STEVE FROM THE GRAVEYARD!!!!

Now imagine if we had other guest bosses in WVW! 

Edited by Merica Madman.4695
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

As a person who finds WvW very dull, I love the idea in theory but I think in practice Steve would just run around chasing roamers until a zerg formed and melted him.  It would probably require more than just dropping him randomly into maps to cause chaos.  Plus I think WvW players are better about dodging/condi cleansing so I don't think Steve would have as big an impact of WvW players as it does on PvE casuals.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/3/2024 at 6:59 AM, Gop.8713 said:

Could just change lords/sups into halloween baddies for the festival, wouldn't have to be a random thing. Also, they could be buffed if that's an issue . . .

EDIT: This should probs be in wvw forum tho . . ?

I actually like this idea.

I'd even go so far and say: buff keep and tower guards, make them elite mini Steves, replace keep lords with halloween bosses.

Not only would this provide some silly distraction for a few weeks, it could also serve as testing ground to see if changing NPCs is a way forward for some WvW structures.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, Merica Madman.4695 said:

Imagine during the Halloween event we had random popup Steve at swords in WVW. He's more powerful and can wipe squads that don't pay attention to his mechanics. A Steve even in the SMC lord room with the lord really changes things! FREE STEVE FROM THE GRAVEYARD!!!!

Now imagine if we had other guest bosses in WVW! 

I'd like if the pve events somehow affect wvw too. And not just visual. (But visual too)

But I def., wouldn't want a Steve in SM.

SM is my favourite when 3 servers fight for it. Steve would only ruin that. The guards there are already annoying. Just people pls.
Maybe Steve could replace the Lord, that would be ok 😈

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I'd like if the pve events somehow affect wvw too. And not just visual. (But visual too)

But I def., wouldn't want a Steve in SM.

SM is my favourite when 3 servers fight for it. Steve would only ruin that. The guards there are already annoying. Just people pls.
Maybe Steve could replace the Lord, that would be ok 😈

But part of Steves... "charm" is that he relentlessly pursues people around the labyrinth.  Don't confine Steve!  Steve should roam free to annoy all players indiscriminately.  Gotta have that authentic Steve experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I know this started in general since I saw it there. Was probably asked to be moved to WvW. As said for many years, I could see during the Halloween event add Steve as a roaming NPC in between inner and outer walls of SMC. Steve would be on no ones side and attack all players. 

If you want Steve to seem more of a threat, double their damage and reverse their aggro so that they target the players with least armor as priority and they remove boons on hit. Would be blast. You could do the same for all Garrisons if you want to up the antics.  

13 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Steve should only chase orange swords and change his name to "fight Steve"

3 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Add him to the EBG map with orders to hunt everything he sees. Imagine a 3 way fight and then Steve gets there too 🤣.

Both of these work. Killing Steve, 50 ToT bags for all with credit on the killing, bonus ToT bags on killing players in range of Steve. Imagine the mass fights. Its a moving mass WvW event.  Make sure he ranks up in DPS and Health as more are drawn in. Could be some massive 3 way fights in a moving event. 

On 10/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, Merica Madman.4695 said:

Imagine during the Halloween event we had random popup Steve at swords in WVW.

No. I want proper working, tactical and strategic large scale warfare with meaningful mechanics. If you wan to have any Dev time spend on WvW, make it fix current issues, not introduce silly stuff to it. If I want Steve, I go the PvE Laby and not WvW.